Friday, October 23, 2015

Author Interview: Ally Bishop



Interview With
Ally Bishop!!!


1) Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Author
Editor
Story fixer
Teacher
And a huge fan of peanut butter. :)


2) Can you tell us a little about your books?

Romance
Authentic
Real people
Sexy
And quirky

3) How did you choose the genre you write in?
I didn’t. :) It’s a long story, but suffice it to say, I wrote the first book on contract for another author who decided not to move forward with the series. So I had a book I really liked, and I hated to let it just sit there. 

4) What inspires you to write?
Writing at its core is an art form. So for me, inspiration is never needed. If I don’t write, I don’t recognize myself. Artists who don’t create are often caught in the crosshairs of mental illness, so I’m a firm believer that writing offers sanity and refuge, as much as it can sometimes offer frustration. 

That said, coffee, a unique coffee shop or corner, and some great music often make my fingers itch for my keyboard. :)

5) When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I’ve been writing since I was eight, so I don’t know that I’ve ever *not* wanted to write a book. It’s as much a part of me as my eye color. When I went to school for writing and publishing, I felt like I’d found my home. 

6) Do you have a favorite spot to write?
My laptop or iPad, headphones, and someplace that bustles with life. There is no better influence than the world around us to help us cultivate story. 

7) Do you have a favorite character to write about?
I don’t, per se. I loved writing each character, but there’s a specific one that I’m mulling over right now that’s been in my head a long time. Right now, I’d argue she’s a favorite. But I truly love the process of delving into people and figure out what makes them tick, so I enjoy it each time.

8) What's the last book you read?
I’m a full-time editor, so that’s hard to say! I recently read a few great projects by up-and-coming authors that were amazing. 
I reread Outlander last year, which I always enjoy, and I recently picked up Great Expectations, which is a favorite. And I loved Six Gun Tarot. I’m an eclectic reader—I’ll read any genre if I like the blurb. :)

9) What are writing projects are you currently working on?
Book 4 of the Without a Trace series is in editing, and I am working on book 5 plus a Christmas short. I’m also toying with the outline for a paranormal romance, as well. Looking forward to digging into my roots—I’ve always been a fan of paranormal fiction. 

 
Ally's Social Media Sites:   
https://www.facebook.com/AllyABishop


Without a Trace series:

24519512

Inside the Lines (Without a Trace #1) by

What happens in love might destroy you...

Or remake you altogether.

I make a living offering men and women their ultimate fantasies…as submissives of the mysterious Mistress Hathaway.

I've never surrendered to anyone. That's not the way it works. Or rather, not the way I operate.

But when the gorgeous Fin MacKenzie shows up in my life, he throws everything out of balance.

Now I'm not sure who I am anymore, and I'm questioning everything.

What woman can turn away from a gorgeous Scotsman, especially when he sets her body on fire and her heart ablaze?

I have to stop it…us. I can't keep going like this. It will ruin everything I've worked so hard to build.

Who am I if I surrender to him? Worse yet, who am I if I don't?






Crossing the Line

Crossing the Line (Without a Trace #2) by

I’ve never believed in love at first sight, which is probably why I write mysteries, and not romances, for a living. Besides, I’m too focused on expanding Elementary, a mystery dinner party business I own with my brother Noah. I don’t have time for romance.

When the handsome and successful Ian Crane books our services, I can barely keep my wits about me. He’s setting fire to all my rules, and I can’t resist his flames.

I don’t recognize the woman I’m becoming, but I don’t want to go back to who I was. There’s a part of me that can’t help wondering, what if he’s too good to be true? Because if he is, my heart will be nothing more than ashes.




Tracing the Line

Tracing the Line (Without a Trace #3) by

They say love doesn’t hurt.

But it’s a lie. I promise you, love someone long enough, and they’ll destroy your soul.

I’ve spent my life taking care of everyone else: my family, my ex-hus- band, my friends. Deep down, I know I should focus on myself, but how can I when I’ve got one sister about to implode while the other battles her own guilt?

The minute I met Kai Isaac, I should’ve run in the opposite direction. His business isn’t one I want any part of, and I’ve got way too much drama in my life already.

But his kiss...those eyes...the raging inferno he creates when he touches me...I can’t stay away. Life’s reeling out of control, and he’s my only refuge from the storm.

My sister Lux says trusting someone means not knowing everything about them and being okay with it...but what if not knowing the truth ruins everything?


https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/tracing-the-line/id1030253261?mt=1

No comments:

Post a Comment