Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Featured Author: Tawdra Kandle

Welcome Today's Featured Author

Tawdra Kandle

 

 

 

Undeniable (The Serendipity Duet, #1)

Undeniable (The Serendipity Duet #1)

For Rafe Brooks, running from a broken heart means losing himself in alcohol and women. Lots of women, none of whom will remember him, since he has the ability to manipulate their minds and make them forget.

Numbing the pain works until he meets an irresistible redhead with secrets of her own. She offers him the opportunity to join forces with an organization that will use his powers for good rather than his own amusement.

Jocelyn rocks his world with her unapologetic passion and makes him believe for the first time he just might survive heartbreak.

When a mission takes the two of them undercover to infiltrate a commune with suspicious activity, they discover it's just the tip of a plot to cause world-wide anarchy. Hiding their extraordinary powers and real identities is crucial to staying alive.

For Rafe and Jocelyn, when life is uncertain, love is undeniable.

Note: This is a spin-off from The King Series

 


 21846740
UNQUENCHABLE: The Serendipity Duet Book Two

Nell Massler is a powerful witch from an ancient magical family. Before she was eighteen years old, she attempted murder—not once, but twice. Committed to a psych ward, she tried to right her wrongs and almost lost her life.
While she’s lost in a coma, Caruthers Initiative Institute develops a vested interest in waking Nell—and offering her a chance at redemption.
Nell is given a fresh start in exchange for saving her fellow agent, Rafe Brooks. Keeping him alive and in hiding will require every ounce of her extraordinary abilities. Not falling head over heels for the sexy mind manipulator will take a miracle.
It's when they uncover a plot to destroy the world that Nell will be put to the test... will she choose Rafe and to do the right thing? Or will she succumb to the temptation of evil yet again?





Tawdra is the author of the following books:

FEARLESS, BREATHLESS, RESTLESS and ENDLESS

THE POSSE (adult contemporary romance)

BEST SERVED COLD (new adult romance)

UNDENIABLE (new adult paranormal romance)

ETERNAL SUMMER (anthology)








Author Bio:


Tawdra Kandle has been a writer since the invention of the pen. Her first published work appeared in Child's Life magazine when she was 13. After a brief, thirty-year hiatus, she published a young adult quartet, The King Series. More recently, she's released both adult and New Adult contemporary and paranormal romance novels. Tawdra lives in central Florida with her husband and children, of both skin and fur types. And yes, she has purple hair.


Amazon: http://amzn.to/1gNHTb9

Website: http://tawdrakandle.com

Facebook: http://on.fb.me/1pDjB2U

Twitter: https://twitter.com/tawdra

Instagram: @tawdra

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/authortawdra/

Author Interview:
Do you like totally hang out with J.K. Rowling????? Huh????

This question was sent to me tongue-in-cheek by a fellow author, but it made me laugh and reminded me of a story. My oldest daughter is a speech pathologist in a middle school, and she often recommends my books to her students. (My YA books, that is. Ahem.) Once a student handed her a piece paper with a phone number with the instructions to ‘Give this to your mom, so she can give it to Justin Bieber the next time she sees him.’ She wouldn’t believe that I don’t habitually hang with the Beebs. So to clarify, no, I don’t spend my time hanging out with anyone super-famous. I am fortunate to have met some really fabulous fellow authors, and some of the big names even answer me on Facebook or Twitter. But that’s as exciting as it gets.

Where do you find the time to write when you have a family?

I do have a family, but happily, they are at the point where they are pretty low maintenance. My daughters are 18, 22 and 25, and my son is 13. So they do more to help me than to slow me down. I do spend a good deal of time working and writing at night, when everyone is in bed. As I sit here now, it’s after midnight and the house is quiet. There’s a pup at my feet, one cat at my head and two more nearby. Everyone is sleeping. I also try to maximize my time by writing in waiting rooms and in the car while my son is in science class. . .I didn’t start publishing until my children were older, so I am in awe of the young writers I meet who have little ones. I couldn’t have done it!


How/when did you start writing and when did you realize you had the gift?

I started writing when I was very young. I don’t remember specifically what I wrote until I was in fourth grade. I had just moved to New Jersey after living in California and Pennsylvania. I moved to a school where everyone knew each other, and I was the odd girl out. I spent a very lonely year, and one of the ways I coped was by making up stories to entertain myself on the walks to school or on the playground. I know I wrote some of them down, and I remember submitting something to Harper and Row. I was ten! In middle school, I won a short story contest, and my librarian sent it to A Child’s Life magazine. They published it.

I don’t know about gift, but I knew I had a passion for it early on. Writing was cathartic and necessary.


What's your writing process?

I usually know what I’m going to write a year out. Sometimes another book will pop up and need to be written, but by and large, I know what is coming when. When I have an idea, I sketch it out in a few paragraphs that don’t need to be formal or edited: they just contain my skeleton plot. Most of the time, I write from the beginning and just keep going. Sometimes, once I get over half-way in, I’ll write the ending and then go back and make everything come together, but I haven’t done that since the last King Series book.

I also self-edit as I go along. When I start writing for the day, I go back and read the last pages I wrote, which helps me with continuity and consistency.

I don’t have any special places to write; I can do it at my desk, in my favorite green recliner, in the car while kids are at class, sitting on bleachers during baseball practice. . .you name it. But when I’m getting to the end, I usually retreat to my bed and finish there.

Do you set a writing schedule? How do you write so many books this quickly? Do you sleep? 

I wish I had a set writing schedule. That’s the dream. But since I live with other people who have needs, my writing schedule mostly looks like this: write when I can, whenver I can, as long as I can. Late nights are a given. When I’m deep in the process, I pretty much ONLY write. My family knows that during those days, they can’t count on me for meals or anything else, and that even if I’m physically present, I probably am not there mentally.

I’m part of Romantic Edge Books, and we have a group commitment to a certain frequency of publication. That helps keep me on schedule. And even if I’m not actively writing, I’m always thinking of the current book. When I can’t sit down to write, I listen to the book’s play list, I think about what comes next, I let scenes play out in my head. . .it’s always going on.

I do sleep. . .just not much.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment