Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Featured Author: Angelina Kerner

Welcome Today's Featured Author  
Angelina Kerner!!




Follow the Snowflakes, A Christmas Novella


At 28, it's bad to be single. After four years of relationship struggles, Cat is ready to try anything.

That's when her friend tells her about her class' Dear Santa letters. One little boy asked for a new mommy, and she suggests Cat meets the kid's dad, just to see where things go. Cat figures it can't hurt...until she meets a stranger in the midst of a car accident. The man is handsome with a sad look in his eyes. He still wears a wedding band and she’s not sure his heart’s available, even if he makes her heart race. But, maybe he’s a widower? Cat wonders if she should resign herself to being an old maid, or whether she could possibly be the answer to a little boy's Christmas wish, unless there’s a third option – a future with the stranger. 
 
 
 
Trailer for Follow the Snowflakes -  
 
 


About Angelina Kerner:
Angelina Kerner

ANGELINA KERNER is an author of paranormal and lighthearted romance. She’s the wife of a photographer/physicist, and the mother of a cute little toddler, but she’s also been a dancer, a psychologist, an anthropologist, a geographer, a dreamer, and an adventurer. She does her best writing while being bothered by her cats, taking care of her son, in dressing rooms while waiting for family to try on clothing, and at home in sunny California. Angelina loves to play goddess-dragon matchmaker, transporting readers to a place where young goddesses have lovable flaws, the Fates plan to dethrone, the universe is endless and untamed, and dragons roam free! She also loves to write carefree romance where one can finish reading with a smile.
Visit her website at www.kernerangelina.live



 
 
 
 
Interview With Angelina Kerner:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?

I write in two genres - Contemporary fiction and paranormal fiction. The contemporary fiction are both novellas - Seven Hours: Challenge Accepted & Follow the Snowflakes: A Christmas Novella. The paranormal book is Deity’s Soulmate. I would like to focus on the contemporary for this interview.

Seven Hours novella is about a blind girl trying out an experimental treatment (that doesn’t really exist) so she could gain eyesight. The reader gets glimpses into what’s it like being blind and if one started seeing the world. It’s a really light novella with small action and some romance.

Follow the Snowflakes novella is your typical Hallmark deal or so I hear. ;) It’s about a girl who works for a bank that has to organize a holiday party and along the way save a man. The main character has a feisty best friend that adds in the fun.

2. What inspires you to write?

My book characters that won’t stop talking in the back of my mind. When I came to the U.S., I came without English language whatsoever. I only knew - cat and dog. Not useful at all. My first English teacher spent talking mixed - English/Spanish. I never knew which language was which and so was happy when we moved. In my new school, I had no friends since it was hard to communicate and spent a lot of time at the library. The book characters became my friends and I started up thinking of my own. I owed them stories so I started writing. They are a big inspiration. After publishing my books, I gained readers and friends who add to my inspiration.

3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

4.5. I’m actually preparing my fourth novel for a print version which is why I decided to only talk about my contemporary books. The .5 is for two books that I’m working on. Both are in the paranormal genre. I’m not sure when those will be finished.

Hmm. Really hard to decide, but I’ll choose - Seven Hours because it was such a challenge to write. I wanted to be careful with it.

4. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

I wish. I used to have a favorite time to write before becoming a mom. It was in the evenings when I would spend hours researching and writing. Now, my favorite time to write is when I get free time...which can be at any moment.

5. If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose?

Regina. She’s Cat’s (main character of Follow the Snowflakes) best friend. I adore her. She’s fun, loud, and friendly. A good friend to have.

6. Do you have a release day tradition?

Well, I bug Shannon for a book tour with R&R Book Tours, but I haven’t come up with a tradition yet. I’ll take ideas!

7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?

Super Cleaning! Is that a power? It would sure help to be able to clean fast so I could have more time to be with my family and my books.

8. What writing projects are you currently working on?

Oh. I started thinking about a story for 3 year old’s. It will be a cool and new experience. I just have to ask my sister to illustrate and have to research how many words I can write.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment