Saturday, December 30, 2017

Featured Author: Katharine E. Hamilton

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Katharine E. Hamilton!



Montgomery House
Amazon Buy Link:

Blurb: Elizabeth Montgomery wishes to honor her grandfather’s memory by moving back to her hometown of Quinton, Georgia, to take care of her grandmother and to remodel their family home. Unfortunately, rumors spread of mysterious happenings haunting the property, and the only contractor willing to take on the project is Jackson Dean, the long lost nephew of her grandmother’s chief enemy.
Jackson Dean moves to Georgia to reignite his family relations, but his work poses a threat to a peaceful transition. He accepts the job on Montgomery House to prove his skills as a contractor, but what he is not expecting are his feelings towards the granddaughter of Sissy Montgomery, and his personal quest to mend more than just the house.
Elizabeth and Jackson must learn to work together on more than just construction, and their hearts must face more than just family prejudice. Can years of family rivalry truly be forgiven?

**** Coming to Audible February 2018 ****

About  Katharine E. Hamilton:
Katharine E. Hamilton graduated from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor of Arts in History and uses her knack for research in all her stories. She is a Southern Belle with a pinch of sass, and when she is not writing she can be found chasing around her toddler son, driving around the ranch, or baking delicacies for local parties and events. Katharine currently resides on a ranch in South Texas where the skies and rivers, in all their beauty, rejuvenate the soul.



Interview With Katharine E. Hamilton:

1.Can you tell us a little about your books?
I write in multiple genres, but an overall theme to my work is that they are clean, fun reads. You don't have to worry about cursing or spicy love scenes. They are sweet and entertaining. Montgomery House is part of The Lighthearted Collection, a series of sweet, clean romances, that I launched this year. Chicago's Best was the first in this particular collection and was well received by readers, so I continued that style with Montgomery House and will have an additional book releasing in Spring of 2018 as part of the collection as well.

2. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I have published eight books thus far, though I have written an exceptional amount more than that. However, currently published I have three children's books, an epic fantasy series called The Unfading Lands (a three book series) and then The Lighthearted Collection (which consists of Chicago's Best and Montgomery House). I also have Audio books available for Chicago's Best and Montgomery House due out in 2018.
Out of all of these, it's hard to pick a favorite. I think I will always have a soft spot for The Unfading Lands because it took me years to muster the courage to put it out there, and I still feel connected with the characters. However, I'm a sucker for a sweet love story, so I'm LOVING writing The Lighthearted Collection series. Chicago's Best has much of my own personality written into the main character, Kat, and Montgomery House has quite a bit of fun family references in there for me personally.... such as nicknames, certain sayings my grandmother says, etc.

3. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I used to have a rather structured writing time, but all that seems to change when you have a kiddo. :) Now, I try to fit in my writing time supremely early in the morning, late at night, or during those blessed nap times.

4. Do you listen to music while you write?
Depends on the type of manuscript I'm working on. While writing The Unfading Lands series, I listened to quite a bit, but lately, I choose the peace and quiet. I seem to focus better just hearing the keys on my keyboard tapping away.

5. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I live on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, but nowhere has the most peaceful and beautiful countryside. I also have the luxury of living on top of a cliff that overlooks a river, so my favorite spot is to set up shop on my porch swing and tap away on the laptop, or, depending on the time of day, I will sit on my back porch and type. We have beautiful sunsets here in south Texas, and the best view is from my back porch. :)

6. When you write do you write the first draft on a computer or paper and pen?
I definitely use a computer. I'm not patient enough to use paper and pen. My thoughts, especially when writing dialogue, move too fast for me to write, therefore I type them. However, I do draft my plot points or timeline on pen and paper. And most of my research can be found on scribbled post-its all over my desk.

7. If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
Ireland. I've always wanted to visit Ireland. In fact, my husband and I were just discussing a trip to Ireland last night... so maybe the fairy godmother is at work.

8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I actually turned over my latest manuscript to my editor this week! Woo hoo! The next book in The Lighthearted Collection will be hitting the market in early 2018. The Montgomery House Audio Book will be releasing on Audible in February 2018. And I currently have three other manuscripts I'm working on... all different genres. It keeps things interesting. :) But right now, I'm focusing most of my attention on preparing the latest manuscript for market. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment