Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Release Day for Bridges Burned by Chris Cannon


Bridges Burned
By Chris Cannon
January 27, 2015


Don’t just fight the system…burn it.
Since discovering she is a shape-shifting, fire-breathing dragon on her sixteenth birthday (surprise!), Bryn McKenna’s world has been thrown into chaos. Being a “crossbreed”—part Red dragon and part Blue—means Bryn will never fit in. Not with dragon society. Not with the archaic and controlling Directorate. And definitely not when she has striped hair and a not-so-popular affection for rule-breaking…
But sneaking around with her secret boyfriend, Zavien, gets a whole lot harder when he’s betrothed to someone else. Someone who isn’t a mixed breed and totally forbidden. And for an added complication, it turns out Bryn’s former archnemesis Jaxon Westgate isn’t quite the evil asshat she thought. Now she’s caught between her desire to fit in and a need to set things on fire. Literally.
Because if Bryn can’t adapt to the status quo…well, then maybe it’s time for her to change it.

BUY IT ON AMAZON, ITUNES, BARNES AND NOBLE, & KOBO: http://www.entangledpublishing.com/bridges-burned/


Review by Gia
 When I started reading Bridges Burned I felt like I was missing something.  I looked up the book on Goodreads and realized it was a book two in the Going Down in Flames series.   I have not read book one, Going Down in Flames.  I continued reading Bridges Burned and felt that the author did a good job giving information to fill in the gaps that I wasn't lost when reading.   It did take me a little bit to warm up to the characters and I would recommend reading book one first.   
Bryn is a cross breed dragon.   She is through into the dragon society, where she snuggles to fit in.    I wasn't a big fan of Zavien.  I feel think he was probably better in book one.  Jaxon who was her archnemesis slowly warms up to Bryn.   Bryn takes longer to warm up to Jaxon.   There is a lot of romance drama is this story. 
I enjoyed begin transported into the world of dragons.  Bridges Burned is a young adult book, which is a little different then what I usually read but it was a great chance in my book list.  I can't wait to read the next.  
4 Amazeballs Stars!!!

~*~ABOUT CHRIS CANNON~*~


Chris Cannon lives in Southern Illinois with her husband and her three dogs, Pete the shih tzu who sleeps on her desk while she writes, Molly the ever-shedding yellow lab, and Tyson the sandwich-stealing German Shepherd Beagle. She believes coffee is the Elixir of Life. Most evenings after work, you can find her sucking down caffeine and writing fire-breathing paranormal adventures. Going Down In Flames is the first book in Chris Cannon's shape-shifting dragon series.

No comments:

Post a Comment