Friday, January 16, 2015

Interview with Don Abdul

Interview with Don Abdul

 We had the opportunity to interview Don Abdul.  He is the writer of many erotic fiction books.   He just finished writing a Sci-Fi erotica story titled A Time for Justice. That story is part of an Author Challenge Anthology called Eros.  Read below to check out our interview and to find out more about Don.


ABA:  Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Don:    Don Abdul is a writer and author of erotic fiction in his mid-40s. I’m a single dad of two wonderful teenage boys, who are as yet too young to be introduced to most of my writing. They however love daddy’s more tame poems *Winks*.

ABA:  Can you tell us about your books?
Don:    I write sizzling erotic romance books which appeal to both sexes, regardless of their sexual orientation. My characters are written in such a way that readers can easily identify and empathize with them. One of the key strengths of my books is that each book has a strong and plausible plot behind the story, and the sex is definitely in the upper heat levels.
            To date I have over a dozen books including an erotic poetry book titled Rock My World all published under my name Don Abdul. I also have three other books published under my other pen name Tyrese Jordan.

ABA:  Which book has been the easiest to write?
Don:    The book that has been easiest to write is Chocolate Desire, which is the first book in A Cougar’s Legacy Trilogy. The story was just begging to be written and the sex was so hot I had to take several breaks to enjoy the moment and take a few cold showers as well *winks*

ABA:  What challenges have you had to overcome as a writer?
Don:    I have faced several challenges, chief among which is dealing with rejection from potential publishers. But I overcame that and eventually got published five years after my I submitted my first manuscript.

ABA:  Do you have a favorite character to write about?
Don:    My favourite character from my books is Raymond “Ray” Chadway from A Cougar’s Legacy Trilogy. Despite being a much younger in a relationship with a cougar, he maintains his independence, integrity, and not only is he smoking hot and damn good lay. He is a deeply loving and caring perfect gentleman. In a world where good older women end up with younger bad boys, Ray is a good guy in every sense of the word, especially in the way he rocks Marie-Claire’ world and makes her forget the pains of her turbulent past.

ABA:  Do you have a favourite spot to write?
Don:    My absolute favourite place to write is my living room couch. What most might not realize is that when I write I take my own advice for reading my stories; I get in the zone *Wink*. Writing in the nude makes getting some relief easier, even taking a cold shower too *winks*

ABA:  Do you work with an outline, or just write?
Don:    I start my stories by creating an outline, and then I build on that outline. This technique makes writing a lot easier in my opinion.
I have also written some of my books straight up, in fact in once particular instance, I wrote an entire book in three days without an outline.

ABA:  When did you know you wanted to write a book?
          Don:    I wrote an essay in junior high school, which got published in my school newsletter; I later grew to become the deputy editor of the newsletter. That article opened my eyes and I knew right then that I would love to write my own book some day.

ABA:   What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
Don:    Well, one fact about me that hardly any of my readers know is that back in college I worked part time as a Radio DJ, and a Television Presenter.

ABA:  What are you working on next?
Don:    I just finished writing a Sci-Fi erotica story titled A Time for Justice. This story is part of an Author Challenge Anthology called Eros.
It is a story of life on the fast lane, Justice and Time travel set in Wall Street and Victorian England. Of course it wouldn’t be a Don Abdul story if it didn’t have hot sex scene, and naughty twists in it. 
And then of course I am also working on the Third and final book in A Cougar’s Legacy Trilogy. My readers and fans of my poetry should also expect a new poetry book soon.


Where to find Don:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DonAbdul2
Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5413656.Don_Abdul
Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Don-Abdul/e/B00IVVWXXC
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Don-Abdul/302924493060709 
Release Party for Eros ( Feb 14 and 15): https://www.facebook.com/events/333198606870761
 

1 comment: