Friday, September 27, 2019

Featured Author: Megan Lowe


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Megan Lowe!




Royal Blue:
 
Royal
Having the status of a king or queen or a member of their family.

Cerulean Tremont and her sisters rule Forest Park Academy. They bow to no one.

Harley St. James has never faced an opponent on or off the field he cannot defeat.

What happens when the stubborn meets the determined?





Author Megan Lowe:
Megan Lowe is a lost journalism graduate who after many painful years searching for a job in that field, decided if she couldn’t write news stories, she would start listening to the characters whispering stories to her and decided to write them down.  She writes Mature YA?New Adult/Contemporary Romance stories with a difference. She is based on the Gold Coast but her heart belongs to New York City. When she’s not writing she’s either curled up with a good book, travelling or screaming at the TV willing her sporting teams to pull out the win.

Author links:
https://www.goodreads.com/meganlowereads
www.twitter.com/meganloweauthor
www.instagram.com/meganloweauthor
www.pinterest.com/meganlowe87




 

Interview Megan Lowe:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
When I think of story ideas, I like to think about things I haven't seen before, whether that be a twist on a trope or subject matter, such as Freestyle Motocross/BMX like in my Rocking Racers books. I call my books "romance with a difference" because I like to find the obscure or put a twist on things, so they're a little different.

2. How many books have you written? Which is your favourite?
Royal Blue is my ninth book! Wow, it sounds so weird to say that! My favourite would be Royal Blue (and not just because it's the newest!) It's the book I feel like has the most "me" in it. It's the book where I could be the freest, write completely what I wanted to write. I think that might be the same with any first book in a series, but this one is definitely the one I'm most excited about.

3. If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose?
Probably any of my girls out of any of my books. I want them to be normal, everyday girls. The Tremont sisters, from my Sovereigns of Savannah series, are a little different, they all have flaws, but they're kick arse girls and who wouldn't want that sort of power around?

4. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I work part time and at night, so my day starts late! I usually check my social media and emails first thing in the morning, such is the business of being a writer, then aim to settle down writing by 12 or 1pm. I try to write until 5pm. I handwrite, so that's slow and labour intensive but I love it!

5 Do you have a release day tradition?
Not so much. I do go out for dinner with my parents and friends but that's about it. When I finally put Royal Blue to bed though, I have a brown sugar and cinnamon pop tart I found in a store when I was in Adelaide a little while ago and I'm breaking that out! We can't get them here and they're one of my favourite things to eat when I'm in the US!

6. How do you come up with your characters names?
I absolutely LOVE characters with flaws. People aren't perfect, and even though books can be, I like having that extra dimension to my characters. So I think about what type of person they are, what they're motivated by and how that could be warped. It sounds really devious, but it's not, at least, I don't think it is!

7. If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?
Someone who is rich and doesn't have to work for a living! Or just someone who is happy, that would suit me.

8. What  writing projects are you currently working on?
I'm working on book 2 of my Sovereigns of Savannah series, Regal Purple. It's coming along slowly at the moment but I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment