Monday, September 30, 2019

Featured Author: Carrie Humphrey

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Carrie Humphrey!




 Fanged and Confused
 (Book 1 in the Briarberry Estate Series)

Blurb:  
Kedah always believed the Briarberry Estate was a legend. A story that the townspeople told to explain the complete disappearance of a place they claimed existed, then suddenly didn’t. It was never real.
Through an unexpected turn in her plans for the future, Kedah found herself no longer human and staring through the doors of the Briarberry Estate, where the residents were anything but human. Her fangs itched to be used and her confusion of how to use them clouded her judgement and enabled her to stumble into a place where her future could finally be realized.
But, when her sire suddenly makes a surprise reappearance, complicating matters even further, she finds herself quickly drowning in a sea of bad decisions and mistakes. With the help of a few volunteers from the Estate, Kedah makes her grand entrance into the world of the paranormal, where she’ll either survive, or die for good this time. 





 





About Carrie Humphrey:
Carrie lives with her husband and three amazing children in a small town in North Carolina. Between raising two teenagers and a kindergartener, trying to write and do photography, she likes to unwind by reading and dreaming of traveling. She’s an international best selling author as well as internationally read and hopes to see her books span the globe, just as she hopes to do with her travels. 
 
Social media links:


Carrie is also hosting an event in 2020!
It's a reader/writer cruise event called Cruisin the Pages.  They’ll be doing a book signing at sea as well as a few other special activities.


 Interview With Carrie Humphrey:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
The Briarberry Estate, also known as the Den to the residents, is where all my books take place. It’s an old Estate that houses every flavor of paranormal creature that lives local to the area. We have vampires, werewolves, shifters, witches, ghosts, and fae that are all living together and just trying to make it day by day.
Kedah is a vampire that doesn’t know how to be one. She trips over her own two left feet, doesn’t know how to take from a vein, and lands herself in trouble, which leads her to the Estate. There she tries to find a way to make a life for herself, while attempting to make friends and keep herself out of trouble.
The first three books of the series follow Kedah as she discovers her way through immortality, discovers soulmates exist, befriends some unlikely individuals, and makes it a daily goal to not die for good.

2. What inspires you to write?
My stories inspire me to write, to get them on paper then out into the universe. Of course, I have many people that inspire me to continue to follow my dream and do what I love and naming them all would be impossible. But for the most part, creativity inspires me to write and fuels my ability to mold the imagination of others.
3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I have 3 books out that in my name and 9 anthologies that I’ve been apart of. So far. My favorite will always be Fanged and Confused because it’s the book that started it all for me.
4. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I wish. My last child just started school this year, so its been a weird thing to make a daily schedule to include writing, when I haven’t adjusted to having no kids at home during the day. I do try and write at least 500 words a day, which then inspires me to continue. It just kinda depends on what random projects I have going on, what deadlines I have, and what stories are talking to me at the moment.

5. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
I drink a lot of water and coffee. And I have to have snacky stuff near me. Things like Chex mix, peanut m&ms, twizzlers. This is also why my schedule to write also includes scheduled time at the gym.
6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I’m not to picky, honestly. I have my office upstairs, which is great for when I need little distractions. I have a library downstairs that I like to write in because its my library and its amazing! Honestly, I’ll write anywhere that’s quiet but allows me to listen to music.

7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Oh now that’s not fair. . . just one? Hmm. . . . I want the ability to travel in the blink of an eye. Teleportation. To say I got to write in a castle on Monday and then snorkel the Great Barrier Reef on Tuesday would be the best thing every!
8. What  writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m currently editing book 3, Lonely and Lost, in my Briarberry Estate series. My next goal is to begin to put out my Children of Gaia series next year, so I’ve starting plotting that out!

No comments:

Post a Comment