Sunday, March 3, 2019

Featured Author: Jody Holford

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Jody Holford!!!




Story of Us

Tagline: He has his own set of rules. She’s about to break every one.

Blurb:
Declan James has been Brockton Point’s most ineligible bachelor––happy with his short-term relationships and focusing on his business. But now that his closest friends have found their happily-ever-afters, he can’t help but wonder what that might be like. And then Sophia Strombi shows up on his doorstep.

Sophia’s life is––well there’s no other word for it––a mess. She’s grateful to have some work at her brother’s best friend’s bar, and a place to stay. Since she’s working hard to get her life back on track, she’s desperately trying to ignore the fact her boss makes her heart pound in a good way. Wait––no. That’s not good at all. 

Besides, she has a huge secret she’s keeping from everyone––one that’s a life-changer.





 








 About Jody Holford:
Jody Holford is both a contemporary romance and cozy mystery author. She lives in British Columbia with her family. She's unintentionally funny and rarely on time for anything. She has an equal amount of love for writing and reading the sigh worthy moments in a book. As she says: " I'm a mom and wife first and many things after. I'm a best friend and a regular friend. A daughter, sister, auntie, and a teacher. I am a book lover, a shopper, a pajama-wearer, movie-watcher, worrier, over-thinker, and a wanna-be-good-Samaritan. I'm a Gemini, a nervous talker, and an emotional writer."


Author Social Media:
https://www.pinterest.ca/jholford/



Interview with  Jody Holford:

   1.     Can you tell us a little about your books?

All of my books, romance and cozies, have themes of love, family, friendship and usually, someone finding themselves in the last place they thought to look. I’m a character driven reader and writer so all of my books highlight the impact and influence of the people in the main character’s life.

   2.     What inspires you to write?

Life. Music. I get very inspired by my favorite bands. Old Dominion, Brother’s Osborne, Matchbox 20, Maroon 5, Brett Young…so many. I think it’s so amazing that lyrics can encapsulate an entire love story in just over three minutes. Other books also play a huge factor—the idea of creating something that makes someone else feel the way I feel after a good book or awesome song.

   3.     How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Great and hard question. I’m getting up there now. Including this month and next month’s releases, I’ll have 19 available on amazon. I’ve written more than that but some aren’t ready to release and some of been tucked away. Oddly enough, and I’m not just saying this, but Story of Us is my favorite. I don’t know why but I just absolutely loved Declan and Sophia’s story. I think it was because Declan was so sure he’d never fall in love and Sophia was so certain she’d never find the real thing. Life surprises you. It definitely surprised them.

   4.     If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose?

Hmm…I think maybe Lucy from Falling For Home. I identify well with her and she’s funny, without meaning to be. That’s definitely something I can relate to.

   5.     Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

I’m at the computer every day. The more you write and release, the more you need to do things that aren’t always about getting the actual words on the page. I work full time so I typically write between four and six and then later in the evening. Lots on the weekends and holidays. My family is really awesome about picking up my slack. I’m definitely not an early morning person. I’d love to be someone who could write for an hour before heading out to work but I need every extra second of sleep possible.

   6.     Do you have a release day tradition?

No. I don’t. And I should. I think, often, authors forget to celebrate the milestones. We’re so focused on moving forward and getting the next thing done that we forget to stop and appreciate. Maybe this isn’t an author thing but a people thing. I’m grateful for every book but I don’t have anything in particular I do to celebrate them. My family and friends wish me a happy book birthday 😊   

   7.     What is your favorite movie?

Oh geez. Um. For Love of the Game. I’m going to leave this question right now or I’ll change my mind a dozen times.

8. What  writing projects are you currently working on?

               I recently signed a fourth book in my Britton Bay cozy mystery series so I’ll be working on that soon. Right now, I’m finishing up the second book in my next Entangled series….wait for it…For Love of the Game Series. Yes. It’s about baseball. And love. And sometimes the two together.


No comments:

Post a Comment