Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Featured Author: Tamara Mataya

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Tamara Mataya!!
 



Begging For Mercy (Full Throttle Book 1)

More interested in lug nuts than Louboutins, mechanic Andy Perris was on a motorbike before she could walk. When her overprotective father decides to hand the garage to her older brother, Andy must prove she’s tough enough to take over. The only thing threatening her victory? Matthew Mercy. Racing rival. Scorching hot distraction.

Matthew only came back to Miami to bail out his little bro, who borrowed money from the wrong people. Matt needs the quick wins of the illegal street races to pay off those debts. Andy gets under Matt’s skin, racing hard and fighting dirty, proving she’s dangerous competition.

Soon the young racers are revving each other up on and off their bikes. The rumbling of the engines is nothing compared to the way Matt makes her body purr between his sheets. Andy doesn’t calm his need for speed. She propels him and he craves more.

They’re in a race toward each other—or catastrophe. Maybe both.








Interview With Tamara Mataya:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
Romantic friction! Rawr. I've written 16 novels, and they're all different. I've always read widely, and hate being trapped in a box when I write. But they've all got strong women, sex, humour, witty banter, and heart, regardless of the genre.

2. What inspires you to write?
The ideas won't leave me alone. It burns us, Precious!

3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I've written 16 novels, and quite a few partials. Some are published, some will NEVER see the light of day, and others are temporarily shelved, or my agent has them. I can't really say I have a favourite. They're all a little piece of me and I love them for different reasons.
4. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Nope. I write whenever I can squeeze it in!

5. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Anything I can eat with one hand. That sounds dirty. :D

6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Nope. I'll write wherever, whenever!

7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
This one's a complicated one for me. Ideally, if I could read, write, speak, and understand every language ever, I think that would be amazing. BUT I hear there will be technological advancements giving us that soon, so it feels like a waste of a power. The next obvious choice would be the ability to heal people...but if you had that ability and weren't spending all your time healing everyone 24/7, you're by default an asshole...and I'm just selfish enough to NOT want to be Jesus, so that's out. While the ability to fly seems cool, teleportation makes more sense. You wouldn't have to worry about temperature, or oxygen, or getting smacked in the face by a powerline or a bird. Plus, you could go on vacations and not have to pack anything. You could pop in anywhere in the world for a visit, and bam! you're back home just as fast.

8. What writing projects are you currently working on?
I've got a few irons in the fire. A women's fiction for my agent, and an LGBT literary fiction. And collaboration with my critique partner, the amazing author Jessalyn Jameson, whose work you should all read if you haven't yet!

9. If someone who hasn't read any of you books yet, which one would you suggest they read first?
I don't like to 'should' on people. My recommendation may not be the one they'd love the most. So, I guess, whichever one they like the sound of is the one they should try first!

10. If you ever experience a case of writer’s block, how do you cure it? 
I don't experience writer's block, though I understand how that drive to create isn't always there, especially when things in your life get complicated, or your energy levels are depleted. But I don't believe in a muse. I think words happen when you get your ass in the chair and write them. There's no magic. Sometimes they flow better than others, but you know what gets more words on the page than waiting for the Word Fairy of Inspiration? Getting your cheeks in the chair, and your hands on the keyboard. 

Yes, it's hard. Sometimes you'll get 50 words, other days 5,000. But if you're not at your computer, or have a pen in hand, you'll have 0. The laundry can wait. I promise. Hell, I'll write you a note excusing you!
I wasn't blocked, but I happened upon this book once, and it was like a cattle prod to the butt for inspiration. It made me get out of the tub to write, and I recommend it to people when they feel stuck, or even if they need a little extra boost. It's called 'The War of Art' by Steven Pressfield. 

11. What is your favorite movie?
Geez. Okay, I can't say I have a favourite, but one that I love that influenced what I thought it meant to be a writer when I was a kid, is ROMANCING THE STONE. She has SUCH an adventure, and I think in my child's brain, I thought, wow! Being a writer looks like a great time!

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I used to be a pantser, but my agent turned me into a plotter. My outlines are generally very vague, only a line or two per chapter, and leave room for flexibility and creativity. If I plan it out too much, my brain sort of dusts off its hands like, 
Brain: okay! We wrote that project, not onto the next!
Me: uh, we PLOTTED it, brain, we didn't write it!
Brain: Then why'd we see everything, including the end? 
Me: I was plotting-
Brain: *dusts off hands* THE END! Now for the next project!

13. If you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?
Geez. This one's way too hard. I guess Emilie-Syxx from my book The Sowing. She's got some amazing powers and that book is based on a dream I had once.



No comments:

Post a Comment