Sunday, January 22, 2017

Featured Author: Melody Jones

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Melody Jones!!



Distorted: A Tale of Modern Deception

by Melody Jones

Lucy Meadows is a hard-working investment banker. To most, it appears she has everything. But underneath her tailored suit is the broken shell of a girl hiding from sorrow and deceit, a girl whose view of herself is so distorted that she doesn’t recognize her own reflection in the mirror.
Accepting a challenge from her psychologist, Lucy sets out to defeat her fears, find herself again, and move forward from the incident that changed her life all those years ago.
When a handsome stranger enters her life, the quiet solitude Lucy has enjoyed is left behind. Now filled with excitement and fear, Lucy’s life is overwhelmed by emotion as she attempts to find herself again, opens her heart to love, and tries to make peace with her past. Will Lucy survive the journey with her heart intact?
Keegan Caldwell has recently returned to his home state of California, accepting a position in the Financial Crimes unit of the FBI. Tasked as the main detective to an unusual case, he uses his specialized knowledge in psychology and domination to keep Lucy close, while working to discover who is threatening her life. Will Keegan be able to keep Lucy alive and enable her to find herself again? Or is his understanding of the facts so distorted that he will fail?





 Buy Links:
Amazon Canada: http://amzn.to/2jgmkXz

Paperback US: http://amzn.to/2jFam6L
Paperback UK: http://amzn.to/2j8CvUD




 About Melody Jones:

Melody Jones is a California girl living in Arizona. From an early age her love for reading was fostered by her mother and grandmother who are avid readers. In middle school, it was common to find Melody and friends devouring, then trading, their mothers library of Danielle Steel novels. Melody hopes to build a range of books devoted to smart girls - both book smart and street smart.

When not writing, Melody enjoys life with her husband and two girls, reading, traveling and crafting.


Interview With Melody Jones:
 
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
Distorted is my debut novel. I prefer writing about strong girls who see themselves as weak or flawed.

2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
In my early 20’s I knew I wanted to write but I had convinced myself that I wasn’t a creative/fiction writer. I thought of myself as a very technical writer, somebody who would be successful writing for magazines or about a specific topic. Unfortunately, life gets in the way and I had to abandon my writing desires so I could finish school/work/pay my bills. It wasn’t until last year that I reconsidered a life of writing and I haven’t been happier since.

3. How is your writing day structured?
I’m a seat of my pants writer. If I’m not feeling words flow from my fingers then I scrap writing and move on to something else. Sometimes that is plotting or book marketing/networking but frequently it means I turn away from the computer and clean up the house. Other days I binge write and edit. I’m still learning and testing myself so I’m not sure I will always write in this manner but it is working for me at the moment.

4. Using one sentence, can you describe Distorted?
Nope. Technically that’s not a sentence. I may never have an answer but I’ll work on it.

5. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I write from home and the most successful spot in the whole house is the dining room. I’m in the middle of the house, I have a beautiful view of the park behind my home. 

6. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby while writing?
Iced Tea. A huge cup of Iced Tea at all times: black, unsweetened and cold.

7. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
How I wish I could have a photographic memory with a side car of speed reading.

8. What writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m working on a 4 book series with an intro novella that will tentatively be released in May/June 2017. The series is based on a group of friends who reconnect at their 10 year high school reunion. At this time I am writing a novella that will be exclusive to Amazon and Kindle Unlimited customers, tentative release date in April, and currently titled Overboard, A One Night Stand. Fun story that takes place over one evening, and can be read in one evening – A one night stand if you will.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment