Saturday, April 20, 2019

Featured Author: Renée Dahlia



Welcome Today's Featured Author
Renée Dahlia!!
 


Merindah Park


A brand new rural romance series about an emerging racehorse stud and the family desperately trying to make their racing dreams come true.
John Henry Bassett
'Money lost, nothing lost. Courage lost, everything lost.'
My dad's favourite quote. Maybe not one I should be listening to, given my gambling-addict dad sank our once-famous horse stud into a deep, deep hole. Five years I've been digging it out. Slowly. Carefully. And now ... I am risking it all. Risking Merindah Park on a stallion. Tsuyoi Red, runner up in the Japan Derby last year.
Now is not the time to get distracted by a gorgeous, pragmatic veterinarian.
Toshiko Sato
I'm at a crossroads in my life. Though my father encouraged me to follow my dreams and become an expert veterinarian, he left our family's horse farm, Tomikusa, to my younger brother. My family expects me to honour my father's wishes and marry a neighbour-a perfectly nice man who I don't feel any spark with at all. But my own ability to bet-successfully-on horse races has given me options.
This decision would be easier if I didn't feel the wicked chemistry hovering between me and the handsome, broad-shouldered Australian that my brother has decreed I will travel with to Australia to look after an injured horse. I'm usually so good at calculating the odds. But how do I choose between losing my place in my family, and losing myself?

Link to all digital retailers: https://books2read.com/u/4NGvwz



About Renée Dahlia:

Renée Dahlia is an unabashed romance reader who loves feisty women and strong, clever men. Her books reflect this, with a side-note of dark humour. Renée has a science degree in physics. When not distracted by the characters fighting for attention in her brain, she works in the horse racing industry doing data analysis, and writing magazine articles. When she isn’t reading or writing, Renée wrangles a partner, four children, and volunteers on the local cricket club committee as well as for Romance Writers Australia.

Interview With Renée Dahlia:

    1.     Can you tell us a little about your books?
I write both contemporary romance and historical romance. My debut series came out with Escape Publishing (Harlequin Australia’s digital imprint), and it’s a historical series set in Europe in 1887/88. I’m currently writing a follow up series, featuring the Bluestocking’s daughters, set in 1919. I have two contemporary series releasing this year – Merindah Park, today’s featured book, is the first in an Australian rural romance series with a global flavour. Four siblings own a horse breeding farm. John, the hero in Merindah Park, travels to Japan to buy a horse and meets Toshiko, a veterinarian whose hobby is gambling. The next two books feature twin sisters Rachel and Serena who are both jockeys – one is a city story, the other is a small town/farm story; while the final book features Shannon, the other brother who is a horse trainer. His story is set at Royal Ascot in the UK, a touch of glamour to end the series. My other contemporary series that is out this year begins with Betrayed (https://books2read.com/u/3nnZ18) and is a foster family series set in Sydney, Australia.

2. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I’m currently writing my 15th book (I think? I’ve lost count). I wish I could say that it gets easier with practice. It gets different with practise, and I hope my craft and story telling improves with each one. I’ll always have a soft spot for my debut novel – To Charm a Bluestocking (https://books2read.com/u/3yZGRe) – it’s the first fiction book I wrote, and my first to get a traditional contract. I really like a couple of mine that aren’t published yet but are scheduled for the end of this year or early next year. Shannon, the fourth book in the 6erindah Park series, is a very special hero for me. His family say he likes horses more than he likes people, but the reality is that he understands horses more than people.

      3.     Do you have a release day tradition?
Yes. I have a necklace and I buy a new bead for it on release date. Other than that, I spend so much of my time focused on writing the next book, that release dates seem to jar me out of that headspace.

     4.     Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I’m fortunate to run my own freelance business from home, so I can structure my day to suit. My non-romance business is quite seasonal, which means in winter I have not much work on, and can focus on writing, while in summer I juggle many deadlines!

     5.     Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I usually write on my laptop at the kitchen table, but I do enjoy taking my laptop to the park and writing (usually while my kids are at sport practices!).

      6.     If you could have one of your books turned into a movie, which one would you chose?
The Heart of a Bluestocking (http://books2read.com/u/3yD16v) – the heroine Claire has the most fabulous dresses, all based on the House of Worth, and the photography would be rich and just gorgeous!
 
     7.     If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
Deciding on a super power is only useful if you know what you want to do with it. I would love to be able to teach every kid in the world the joy of reading. Education helps lift people out of poverty, and books are a wonderful way to travel the world and see other points of view. As Claire in The Heart of a Bluestocking says “‘If the news business was truly clever, they would teach people to read, then they could sell their daily rags to a greater number of people. It wouldn’t take much investment to grow the market.”

      8.     What writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m currently writing the first book in a historical series set in 1919. While that is on submission (and thus before I commit to writing the next two in that series!), I need to start a new rural series for Escape Publishing. I’ve also committed to writing a 20k novella for release in an anthology in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment