Friday, April 12, 2019

Featured Author: Heather Guimond


Welcome Today' Featured Author
Heather Guimond!!






Twist Tied

If you’ve ever been left twisted in knots by a book...

Clarisse:
Author Wyatt Chase is one kinky mo-fo, and I know kinky.

I’ve spent years devouring steamy stories that have left me fit to be tied, and as the assistant to his top rival, I’ve rubbed elbows with some of the dirtiest minds around.

To make my life imitate his art, I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.

Wyatt:
My readers think they know me from my stories, but I just have an imagination more fertile than a box of Miracle-Gro. When Clarisse Flores blindsides me with an unexpected proposition, I hesitate. She wants the Marquis de Sade, not some kinky fraud. Nevermind the fact she’s hell on wheels. Taming her should be a job for a professional, but one look into her hazel eyes and I’m willing to try.

What happens when a bossy, smart-mouthed, independent woman is determined to submit to a man who can barely tie his own necktie?

Something is bound to unravel…








 
Interview With Heather Guimond:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
  I currently have two series published.  My first, The Perfection Series, is a romantic-suspense saga about Mimi Bishop's journey to everlasting love.  It's filled with love and humor, triumph and tragedy, gut-wrenching emotions that will turn you inside out.  The other series, Love Between the Pages, is a set of stand-alone stories with overlapping characters.  They are light-hearted romantic comedies designed to entertain and give the reader a few chuckles (and maybe a few belly-laughs) along the way.  There are currently three books available in the series, (plus a free prequel novelette), with several more to be added this year.

2. What inspires you to write? 
There's no one thing that gets my creative juices flowing. Sometimes it'll be a dream, other times, lyrics of a song that hit me in just the right spot. Other times, a news story can catch my attention and then my mind starts asking "What if..." and it cascades from there.



3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 
 I've written and published nine novels, with three other novels currently in progress. Asking me to pick which one is my favorite book is like asking me to pick which one of my children is my favorite. I have different feelings about them all.


4. If someone who hasn't read any of you books yet, which one would you suggest they read first?  
It depends on what sort of stories appeal to them most.  If a person likes complicated emotional situations that will wring every ounce of feeling out of you, then I'd suggest they read The Perfection Series.  They're not stand alone books, so I'd suggest they set aside a good amount of time to get through all 4.5 books.  If someone told me they wanted a book to just help them escape reality for a little while, any of the Love Between the Pages books is good for that.

5. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?  
Often, I'm trying to fit time in around my family's schedules, which makes for some frustration.  It's hard not being able to just sit down and write when inspiration strikes, but sometimes it's just not possible.  On days that I'm able to, I set aside 4 hours of writing time mid-day that everyone is supposed to respect, which means unless someone is bleeding or something is on fire, nobody should bother me.  

6. Do you listen to music while you write?  
I didn't use to, but this year I've found it really helps keep me in the zone.  I've started making playlists on Spotify for each of my books.


7. If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose? 
I'd totally be Mary Poppins. She's so funny and clever, plus, that carpet bag of hers is amazing.

8. What writing projects are you currently working on? 
 I'm working on the 4th book of the LBTP series.  It's called Off the Board (which could change) and it's about Jasper Kingsley, the brother of the main male character in Quick Dirty Luck.  The other two manuscripts I have will likely be published separately under a pen name.

No comments:

Post a Comment