Saturday, May 10, 2014

Featured Author: Maggie Kaye

Welcome Today's Featured Author

Maggie Kaye!!!!!

 

 

 

So Right With You

So Right With You
by


Book 1 of The Girlfriend Series – Chloe’s Book

In the work place, we all know there are boundaries. One of those boundaries is Never Date Your Boss, especially if he is a playboy and you just had your heart broken. When Chloe Lambert finds herself down on her luck, none other than her hunky CEO boss, Garrett Nolan, steps in to rescue her, offering her temporary shelter at his ranch. Now, her boss is looking more appealing, and her friends can’t agree on whether she should sleep with him or not. Don’t even mention the fact she just learned he has a soft spot for kids and is using the ranch to help sick kids. What is a girl to do when it feels so right?

 


Excerpt from So Right with You
CHAPTER ONE
     Garrett Nolan set the papers on the desk. He had just finished reviewing the Whitfield contract, making sure everything was to his satisfaction. He needed to reach Whitfield to assure him the documents would be sent out that day. He and his administrative assistant, Chloe Lambert, had worked late the night before, getting them ready.
He couldn’t ask for a better assistant. Last night, he’d finally ordered her to leave and go home to her fiancé. This time of year was their busiest, and she had been working a lot of overtime. She and her fiancé were about to be wed. They deserved the time together.
Reaching for the phone, he pushed the extension and held the receiver to his ear.
“Come on, Chloe. You can’t possibly hold what happened against me. This was just as much your fault. What did you expect?” a male voice snapped.
Garrett recognized the voice of Trevor Wycoff, Chloe’s fiancé. Realizing that this was a private conversation between his assistant and her fiancé, he started to hang up. Chloe’s next words stopped him.
“What I didn’t expect was to come home and find my fiancé knocking socks with one of my best friends.”
 Ah, hell. Garrett raised the receiver back to his ear.
“The term is knocking boots. Why can’t you get things straight?”
Garrett stared at the phone in disbelief. The guy cheats and he’s worried about what term she uses for it. Give me a break  
“Anyway, you’re never home. You’re either at work or off planning the wedding. What did you expect me to do? Just sit around and wait for you?”
Perfect. The guy was blaming her for his not being able to keep it zipped. What a guy. Garrett had never realized it before, but Wycoff was a jerk.
“Don’t you dare blame me. This is not my fault.”
That’s right, Chloe. Let him have it.
“I may have been working late but it was for us. This is the busiest time of the year for the company. I had to make sure everything was completed before we left on our honeymoon. I thought you understood that.”
Garrett winced. He had never considered the possibility that the long hours Chloe spent at the office would affect her relationship. That didn’t excuse Wycoff, however.
“As for the wedding plans, I tried to include you. You said you wanted me to take care of them.” Chloe’s voice cracked on the line.
Garrett listened as she drew in a deep breath and sniffled. Oh, jeez. She’s crying. Come on, Chloe. He’s not worth it.
“Besides, we made promises to each other. Didn’t that mean anything to you?”
“Of course, it did. But things changed. You were busy.”
Garrett knew he should hang up but he couldn’t help himself. He was like a witness to a train wreck and he couldn’t pull himself away.
“Why didn’t you tell me? Why cheat?” Chloe asked. “I still can’t believe you and Ashley were doing it.”
Garrett heard Trevor release a heavy sigh.
“We didn’t mean to hurt you. Things just happened. We planned on telling you.”
Yeah right.    
“Really, Trevor? When? We were planning to get married in three weeks. The invitations were sent out. We’ve started receiving wedding presents. Just when did you plan on telling me? At the altar? On our honeymoon?”
She ran out of steam. Silence followed.
Finally, Trevor spoke, “Look, Chloe. I’m sorry. Ashley and I plan to stay in the condo. As soon as we’re able to, we’ll buy you out.” There was a slight hesitation before Trevor let drop his final remark, as if even he recognized what a jerk he was being. “I need the engagement ring back.”
“That’s just wonderful, Trevor,” Chloe said sarcastically. “I’ll arrange to have the rest of my things moved out as soon as I figure out where I’m going to live.”
She slammed the receiver down, nearly bursting Garrett’s eardrum.



 

CHLOE’S *PLAYLIST

Wake up call * Maroon 5

Part of Me * Katie Perry

Satellite * Peter Conway

Ain’t No Other Man *Christina Aguilera

Heaven*Bitter Sweet

Breathless *The Corrs

Falling Even More in Love with You*Lifehouse

More than a Kiss*Tommy Conwell

She’s Everything*Brad Paisley

Dream*Cranberries

Lead Me On*Gloriana

Beautiful*Mariah Carey

You’re Going to Fly*Keith Urban

Hip to My Heart*Band Perry

Eternal Flame*Bangles

The Way You Look Tonight*Harry Connick Jr.

It Had To Be You*Harry Connick Jr.

Daylight*Maroon 5

Sad*Maroon 5

Truly, Madly, Deeply*SavageGarden

Marry Me*Train


 

About Maggie Kaye: 

When I was in college, a friend and I attempted to write our first romance book. We actually never reached the writing part. Mostly, we laid in the sun, brainstormed, laughed, and snacked, typical behavior for young college students with short attention spans. I went on to earn a teaching credential in special education and a career in teaching. Although we never completed that first book, the desire to tell stories remained with me. Eventually, I took out a writing pen or in my case a notebook computer my hero (husband) bought me to pursue my dreams and wrote the end.
Today, I live in Southern California with my husband, two children, and two cats that sometimes share the keyboard with me. I enjoy writing stories with plenty of heart, humor and a bit of steaminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment