Saturday, May 17, 2014

Featured Author: Vicki Green

Welcome Today's Featured Author

 Vicki Green!!!

 

 

 

 



Vicki Green grew up in Overland Park, Kansas and currently resides in Olathe, Kansas. Along with her husband and two teenage boys, she shares her home with her cocker spaniel’s Shadow and Mocha. She has been working full time at the same Company for 35 years. Her life has been filled with the most loving and caring parents, who are both gone now but are still in her heart and mind daily.

Vicki enjoys reading Romance books which is what inspired her to begin writing this book. She has always admired Author’s dedication and hard work. She had a dream that played out for over a year, came home one day after work and decided to put it on a word document to see how it read and that became ‘My Savior Forever’, the beginning of her Forever Series, and that’s where it all began.

Twitter: @rileyks3




Upcoming signings:

Indie Mashup, Springdale, Arkansas, July 24-26, 2014

Indie Mashup, Houston, Texas, August 15-16, 2014

Red Dirt BoCo, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, August 30, 2014

Penned Con 2014, St. Louis, MO, September 12-13, 2014

Keep an eye out for more signings in the future.



Links:










Books:


21799753

My Savior Forever (Forever Series #1)

Released June 28, 2013, Rereleased on April 1, 2014


Synopsis:

With all my heart, 
With every inch of my Soul,
 
With every breath I take,
 
I promise to love you forever’

Cassie can’t remember being loved, being wanted. At a young age she was placed in Foster care that moved her around from one place to the other. Finally being freed at 18, she was left with no money and nowhere to go until she finds a small town in Kansas where she can start over.

Little did she know her life was going to be uprooted again when she is kidnapped and brutally raped.

Jesse is considered HOT in most women’s eyes, but has little time for Romance. While searching for his Mother’s killers, he witnesses a young girl being kidnapped. He now faces decisions that he must make quickly.

Will Jesse rescue Cassie? Will Cassie ever find the happiness she longs for?

*Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.


Excerpts from My Savior Forever:

I lay there watching him as he sleeps. He’s beautiful. He looks younger when he is asleep. His beard scruff has grown. I sigh as I reach over with my right hand and lightly move his hair back from his forehead. He sighs in his sleep and has an ever so slight smile on his lips. I think I am falling for this beautiful man. But, how can I be? This is so fast but I can’t help the way I feel, how fast my heart is beating. He is my Savior Forever!

Jesse lays us down and wraps me in his arms. He whispers, “Is this ok?” I nod as I lay my head on his shoulder. “I wish I could take away your nightmares, baby. I’m so sorry that happened to you but I’m glad it was me who found you.”

Jesse pulls me in an embrace. “Baby, you take all the time you need. I know you have been through so much. You’re so brave.” He pushes me back a little and stares into my eyes. “Do you know how brave you are?” I shyly shake my head. He pulls me back and holds me again. “Oh, baby. After all you have been through in your life. I think you’re the bravest person I know.” Tears form in my eyes. I don’t feel very brave.

Buy Links:




18213325

Together Forever (Forever Series #2)

Released September 17, 2013


Synopsis:

Together Forever, 
never apart,
 
maybe in distance,
 
Never in Heart’
 

After escaping her ordinary life and following her dream of writing a romance novel, Allie Richard’s finds herself falling in love with her sexy best friend Shane Barton. But all too soon, her past catches up to her, trying to tear their budding romance apart.

Finally finding the amazing girl of his dreams, Shane Barton races to protect what’s his and will do anything to protect her. This loving, and sexy man is tender to the touch but will fight to keep them together.

Will Allie and Shane be able to withstand what her past throws at them to put an end to their happiness? Will they ever be able to be Together Forever?

*Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.


Excerpts from Together Forever:

Once we get to my condo we relax on the couch, still holding hands from the drive. Shane takes his other hand and lifts my chin, forcing me to look into his dark eyes. “Allie, I think we need to talk.” I swallow, hard. I swear I can feel my heart beating. Oh, no! Here it comes. I knew it! He doesn’t want to see me anymore. It was just a matter of time. This always happens. When am I going to learn not to give my heart so freely? Damn! I fell too hard for him. He’s the first and only one I’ve really wanted so badly. The only one I’ve truly cared for and who cared for me. I’m never going to be able to get over him. Maybe I should just go back to LA. and hide away at dad’s office and in my romance books, and wallow in my nonexistent life.
“I want more,” he says with caring. I whip my eyes up to his. What? I think to myself. “I want so much more with you. I’m falling in love with you, Allie.” I close my eyes and can’t hold back the tears that instantly formed in my eyes. Is this really happening? Maybe he’s drunk. I don’t remember smelling any alcohol on him. As I look back into his eyes, I see a look of concern. “I hope those are happy tears, love.” He smiles, wiping them away. “I know it’s only been months, but I can’t help the way I feel about you. I’ve never felt this way before. I can’t stop thinking about you, every single minute of the day. I miss you when we’re not together. I can’t stand not being with you all the time anymore. I mean it, Allie. I want you, so much. I need you.”


I do all my bathroom duties, checking myself in the mirror once more and leave the bathroom. Turning around after shutting the door, hands grab my arms, pushing me down the hallway. We push through a back door, and I am suddenly pinned up against the outside wall, a hand around my throat. My hand grabs their arm and tries to pull it away, while my other hand pushes against a solid chest.
“Allie Cat. You didn’t think I would come all this way and not see you,” a man’s voice said.
Shocked, I look into dark green eyes, boring into mine and gasp. I struggle but to no avail, his hand around my throat tightens, making it hard to breathe.
“Oh, Allie Cat. What’s wrong? Not happy to see your old friend, Paul?” He leans forward and kisses my cheek. My eyes begin to water. Oh! My! God! Not Paul! My body begins to quake with fear.


BANG, BANG, BANG! DING DONG. DING DONG. “Ugh! What is that?” I say with a big yawn. Shane stirs behind me. He leans over me and looks at the clock.
“5:00 in the fucking morning? What the fuck!” He kisses me on my head, starts getting out of bed and puts on his jeans. He turns and points a finger at me. “You! Stay put! Do not come out there until I see who the fuck it is.” I pull the covers up to my chin and nod.
BANG, BANG, BANG! DING DONG. Holy shit I’m getting scared. Wait! No one would bang on the door and ring the doorbell if they were here to hurt us. I relax.
“Get outta my fucking way!” Paxton? I quickly get up, throw on a robe, run out of the bedroom and down the stairs. “Shane is it? Get my bags, I’m dreadfully tired, where do I sleep?” Oh, lord! Well, I see she’s in a good mood. I run down the hall and crash right into her. “Oomph!” We both yell. We both rub our heads and break out laughing.
“Baby girl!!!!” She screams and throws her arms around me, squeezing me to death. “Let me look at you,” she says, pushing me back to arm’s length. “Oh, look at your neck. My poor baby girl.” She grabs me again, throwing my chest into hers. Ouch! She turns her head and looks at Shane, who is just staring at her like she’s the she-devil herself. Hmmm. “Have they caught that mother fucker yet?” She asks Shane. He shakes his head no, still wide eyed.
I remove myself from her and clasp her hand. “Paxton, this is Shane. Shane, Paxton,” I say smiling. He blinks, then holds out his hand to her.
“Paxton, nice to meet---”
She grabs his hand, shakes it once, then turns to me. “Baby girl, I am exhausted. Where can Shane put my bags so I can get some shut eye?” She asks smiling sweetly.
I giggle and turn to Shane, who is not very happy so I stop, quickly. “Shane, darling. Can you put Paxton’s bags in the guest room, please?” I put my sweet smile on again.
He simply nods curtly and goes out the front door to get her bags.
She smiles and puts her arm through mine. “What a nice fellow. Now, show me my room so I can get my beauty rest on as soon as he brings my things.”
And that is how Shane met Paxton. Lovely.


“Fuck!” I moan. My head feels like it’s going to blow up. What the fuck happened? I try to move my arm and cry out in pain. Shit, I think it’s broken. I wish I could clear my muggy head. I can’t think straight. I am laying on the ground and it’s dark out. I use my good arm and push myself up until I sit against the wall. My hand instinctively goes to my forehead. Shit, that hurts. Feels like a lump there. My hand comes back full of blood. I squint in the darkness trying to figure out where I am. I look and see I’m in the alley behind Buck’s shop. Shit! I reach for my phone and it’s gone. Great!
I manage to get on my knees. Fuck, my leg hurts. I inch my way up, my good hand pushing on the wall. I limp over to the door of Buck’s and grab the handle. Pain is everywhere, my head, my arm and now my leg. Damn, I’m fucked up. I finally get the door open, which feels like it weighs a ton. I can hear Buck talking up ahead but my eyes are blurry, so I can’t make him out. I lean against the wall. My body slowly slides against the wall as I try to get to him.
“Shane? I was just coming out there looking for you. What the---” Buck yells as I start dropping down to the floor until I sit.
Fuck, I’m dizzy. My hand is on my forehead trying to stop the pounding. “Uhhhhh,” I moan.
“Fuck! Henry! Get an Ambulance! Hurry!” Buck yells. “Shane, man, hang in there. Hang on buddy.” He moves my hand out of the way and presses something against my head.
“Ohhh,” I groan. Shit, I feel like I was hit by a fucking truck. I hear ringing in my ears, wait, that sounds like sirens. “Buck, I think you’re being raided again. You need to leave.” I try pushing him away, but he’s like a fucking brick wall. I lean my head back. Man that took a lot of energy. I need to work out more.
“Shane, sit still man. You’re gonna hurt yourself worse,” he tells me. What? Damn, the room’s spinning. Weird. I try to bring up my left arm and pain shoots up my arm. “Uhhhhh!” I yell.

Buy Links:
Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/together-forever-8




20530221
Soul-Mates Forever (Forever Series #3)



Released January 13, 2014

Synopsis:

Love …captures us in a moment and changes us forever’

When love isn’t enough to break through the walls that were built so long ago, how is true happiness ever found? Paxton Davenport built these walls when every guy she met only wanted her gorgeous body. Her modeling career really takes off after returning to L.A. from her best friend’s wedding. But her thoughts continually plague her of the hot rocker, Tucker Williams, who pursued her both times she visited her friend. Her rich parents have never provided the attention or love she needed growing up. She is considered your typical 21 year old rich bitch, snooty to most but deep inside she is the most loving and caring person you could ever know.

Tucker, or Tuck as everyone knows him, grew up in a house where a normal day was seeing his parents drugged out, no food to be found and finding solace in his guitar. His dad ending up in prison and his mother dying from an overdose leads him to falling in with the wrong crowd. With the help of friends, at the age of 22, he finds himself as a tattoo artist by day, the leader of a Rock band (Razers Edge) by night. He falls head over heels for Paxton one night when the band is playing at Barton’s bar but she won’t give him the time of day.

Will Tuck ever get through Paxton’s walls or annoy the hell out of her trying?

*Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.







18469152
Finding My Way Home


Released November 17, 2013

Synopsis:

When you have a good heart,
You help too much,
You trust too much,
You give too much,
You love too much,
And it always seems,
You hurt the most

How do you become strong enough to leave an abusive husband? How do you get away safely? How do you get your self-esteem back? Brennan Michaels, or so her new I.D. states, escapes by train to an unknown small town in Wyoming. She finds the town is not even on any maps but something draws her there. The township befriends her, she finds a job and a place to live, in a Boarding House, not realizing the other tenant is a Hot, Sexy ex-football player and model that is dealing with his own past issues.

Hutchinson Parker or Hutch to those close to him, had a loving wife, who he cherished and was his entire world until she was taken from him by Cancer. His life ceased to exist, his football and modeling didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered until he found a small town in Wyoming and after nine months of grieving he meets a girl named Brennan who takes his breath away. He can tell she is dealing with something bad, something happened to her. Most people who find the small town are running from something. Her skittish behavior and the fading marks on her face means one thing. Someone abused her.

Will she find her way home?

*Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

Buy Links:



Touched (Touched, #1)
Touched (Touched Series #1)


Released March 22, 2014

Synopsis:

'What your body desires 
Your heart can't have'
 

Jade Morley was not your average stripper. Her rules. Her way. No sex. Touching only.
 
D.J. Sexy Lady by day, Stripper Angel by night, her life became one with no emotions, no heart and no soul until one night he walked in.
 

Knox Dunway has one thing. Money. Women throw themselves at him every day and he takes what he wants, when he wants but there’s no feeling, no love and no commitment. He wants more. Growing tired of trying to find ‘the one’ he walks into a strip club one night and everything changes.
 

Will Jade ever give in to her heart or will her survivor instincts always win?

Buy Links:


20649376
Forgiven (Touched Series #2) – releasing soon 2014!


Releasing soon! 2014

Synopsis:

'You can't always protect the one you love
But you can forgive them'

Bo Dunway’s young life has been fortunate. His parents being wealthy and providing him and his sister a loving environment growing up, he’s never wanted for much but he has a heart of gold. With his good grades and basketball scholarship he’s able to attend a prominent college, but he doesn't want to live out of state. He can’t bear the thought of leaving behind the one thing he loves more than basketball. Stormy Reece. 

Stormy Reece grew up in the most unusual conditions. Meeting Bo and his family was the best thing that ever happened to her. They met when he was seven, and she was five behind the Mexican Restaurant he and his family frequented. Her single mother worked there most day and nights so Stormy was always there hanging out in the kitchen or the back alley. Without a father figure in her life, she rebelled in her late teens, going to party’s with the friends she had made that were horrible influences, staying out till all hours of the night and worrying her mother sick.
 

Bo and Stormy became inseparable until he reluctantly left for college. He promised he’d never leave her. She believed him. Never again will she trust anyone but herself. He knew from the moment he saw her that he was going to marry her one day. Being forced to attend a college away from his home town, his promising career hangs in the balance as his concentration is only on one thing. Stormy.

Will Bo follow his dreams or his heart and will they ever be able to live out their dream of being together?

*Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.









Anthologies!

20313729
All Our Love




20416860
Forbidden Fruit: Volume II













Fun Facts About Vicki:

  • I love Classic Rock!!!! My husband and I have friends in a band that we love to go see and hang out with.
  • I love to dance! Anytime I hear music, I have to move.
  • I have to have complete silence when I write. Good thing I have the spare bedroom as my office and can shut the door.
  • My husband and I have been married for over 17 years. We have two teenage boys in high school.
  • I have worked full time at my current job for 35 years.
  • I love being an Independent Author. I hope my readers enjoy my books and I hope they take them away, for a while, to another place and time.
  • I have so many book boyfriends and will always love Jesse from My Savior Forever but so far, Shane from Together Forever is my #1 love. ♥
  • I am anxious, nervous but mostly excited for my first Author signing!
  • I love to read almost as much as I love writing but I’m sad that I get very little time to read anymore. 
  • I love to play Disney Girl and Kitchen Scramble on facebook.
  • I love to play video games. My favorites are Legend of Zelda, Any of the Harvest Moon games and any Animal Crossing games.
  • I just started watching ‘Sons of Anarchy’ and am in love with it and Charlie Hunnam. Yum!
  • I am secretly in love with Adam Levine from Maroon 5. Don’t tell anyone. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment