Monday, June 25, 2018

Release Tour for AS RIGHT AS RAIN by J.M. Maurer

AS RIGHT AS RAIN
by J.M. Maurer

Genre: NA Contemporary Romance


After finally landing her first job at a television station, meteorologist Makayla Reading is determined to make her mark on the world. With an ex she’d rather forget and no time for a new man in her life, what she needs is a true friend to help her deal with jittery nerves and her crabby boss who makes her life miserable.

Though a don’t-fall-for-the-cameraman rule should be easy to follow, sparks fly when she meets the handsome and charming Eli Barringer. As their relationship moves beyond friendship, Makayla realizes she must not only give in to her heart but also let Eli in on a secret she’s been keeping, a decision she knows is…as right as rain.




“Hey.” Eli ruffles the hat on my head like one would do to a child, and then lifts my chin with his gentle fingers, leveling my gaze with his. “You all right?”

I blink him into focus, seeing the crease of concern deepen between his eyes. Although I’m grateful for his question, he doesn’t need to know what’s on my mind. My emotions are all over the place, scattered like debris after a storm. Plus, I’m having a difficult time pulling my sight from his eyes and keeping my thoughts on my job.

What are you doing, Makayla?

Yes, he’s gorgeous. And off limits.

He’s sexy. And still forbidden.

I’m confident there has to be some sort of don’t-fall-for-the-coworker rule I should be following. But no such rule seems to be preventing me from reacting to him the way I am.

Not wanting to alert him to what’s making me so frazzled, I respond to his question with the first thing that pops into my head. “I’m just new. And nervous.”

It sounds plausible coming out, and it’s partially the truth, a fact I’m comfortable with, given I’ve just met Mr. Beautiful.

He moves his hand to my shoulder and squeezes just enough to hold me in place, which also keeps me from sliding in my seat as Sam steers us out of the garage and onto the street. “Okay, if that’s what you’re going with, I’ll buy it. For now.”





J.M. Maurer is the author of contemporary romance, including the Emerging From Darkness Series. She is also the author of Curveball Baby, a standalone, second-chance at love, sports romance. She loves to write about strong characters and their struggles in life.

When not writing, you can find her spending time with family and friends, exploring the outdoors, or recovering after attempting most any sport. She resides in Chicagoland with her husband and son.

Amazon ✯ Website ✯ Facebook ✯ Goodreads ✯ Twitter ✯ BookBub



1 comment: