Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Featured Author: Lisa Shelby


Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Lisa Shelby!!



Gorgeous: Book One

Olivia Adams is smart, independent and firmly believes less, is most definitely, more. Nothing about Ronan McKinley and his luxurious yachts and expensive homes appeals to her, but there is no denying the attraction between them.

When Ronan makes her a job offer she can’t refuse, Olivia makes it clear she has no intention of anything more than a professional relationship with this man whose lifestyle is anything but “less".

But what happens when Olivia slowly discovers Ronan is much more than she ever could have imagined?

What if she fills Ronan’s cold, gray life with warmth and color?

Is it possible that these two people, from vastly different worlds are actually meant to be?

(GORGEOUS: BOOK ONE is a steamy, adult contemporary romance that will make you blush and make you swoon. GORGEOUS: BOOK TWO will be released March 27th.)








Buy Links

Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/2Cy9rSN



 

 

About Lisa Shelby:

 

 Lisa Shelby is an ever-so hopeless romantic and self-professed love geek.  Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and proud to call Oregon home. It’s here that she reside’s with her husband, son and two fur baby dogs. Reading has been her obsession and writing had been her secret passion. It was that passion that led her on her journey to write a book for her husband.  What began as a gift turned into an inspiration of love and the desire to share that love with everyone. With the encouragement of her husband and the support of her family and friends, she began her journey and published her debut novel,“You & Me”in September 2016.  This March, she will have five published works under her belt, and she cannot wait to share her Gorgeous Duet with the world!















Interview With Lisa Shelby:


  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
Well, as a self-proclaimed love geek, I love anything that gives me the feels and I think my books reflect that. My first series, The You & Me Series, was a collection of three sweet and sexy standalone novels. My new duet, Gorgeous, is a little steamier with some romantic suspense thrown in this time around. I have to say I am crazy excited for you all to meet Olivia and Ronan in Gorgeous. These two are from two different worlds and where Ronan lives a life of luxury, Olivia lives by the motto less is more. But when two people are meant to be, even if complete opposites, there is no fighting their attraction. But, they both have ghosts from the past that may or not raise their ugly heads.
I really cannot wait for you to get your hands on Gorgeous: Book One!
  1. What inspires you to write?
Always my husband but also…music. Music is such a huge part of my creative process. The idea for my Gorgeous Duet came from a song. I heard the acoustic version of Gorgeous by X Ambassadors and knew I was going to write a book called Gorgeous. The plot may not be the same as my original idea but pieces are still there. I can hear a song and it will inspire an entire chapter. Check out Spotify to find playlists for all of my books.  
  1. How many books have you written?
Five! I cannot believe it, but March I will be releasing my fourth and fifth books! It’s just crazy and thrilling to think about.

Which is your favorite?
Oh, my. How do you pick a favorite? Well, your first is always special and I do love You & Me. It was very personal to me and something I never thought would actually come to fruition. However, I am really proud of The Gorgeous Duet and not just because it’s my new release. I can really feel the growth in my writing and I love Olivia and Ronan. Here’s how may husband breaks it down…his favorite heroine of mine would be Cami from Something Just Like This. His favorite hero of mine would be Mickey from More and his favorite couple is Olivia and Ronan from Gorgeous. Not sure if this answers the question????
  1. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I wish I did, but no. I have a day job so, it’s nights and weekends for the most part. I must say I can usually get 1k to 1.5k words written if I hide in a quiet meeting room at the office during my lunch hour. For some reason that hour tends to be my most productive, when I get the chance to take advantage of it. I am structured in that I journal, then outline and then write. I am certainly a planner and not a pantster.
  1. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Truthfully, I often forget to eat and drink when I’m writing. My writing snacks would be Brookside Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberry’s and Vegie Straws. In the morning’s my go to drink is tea and the rest of the day just water. Boring I know, but like I said I tend to forget to eat and drink when I write.
  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
My hubby made me the prettiest office and I love it so much! I write in there and in our bedroom and coffee shops. I can write anywhere but those are my top three for sure.
  1. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
I do go back and forth on this one but I am going with the power of invisibility. I can’t tell you how often I hear myself say, “I wish I was a fly on the wall.” This would make that little wish come true.
  1. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
Right now, I have two different series journaled and partially outlined. They will both be a series of standalones but that is all I can really say right now. Next though, I am writing my short story for an anthology called, Gifted. It will be out this holiday season, and I’m really excited to be a part of it. I just can’t get enough of Olivia and Ronan so be on the lookout for the Gifted Anthology if you want a little bit more of these two!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment