Saturday, March 10, 2018

Featured Author: India Kells

Welcome Today's Featured Author
India Kells!!
 


Lost Bastard: A Dark Sparrow Novel


Deva Landry is relieved to be rescued from the MC princess life. But now the angel who saved her is back to collect payment.

The cost? Deva is assigned to babysit bad-boy cage fighter Aleksei Voronov, forcing her back into the murky underworld of Chicago. Prepared for the worst, she’s shocked to uncover a kindred spirit, a wounded soul like hers. Chaos strikes and the two are thrown together on an impromptu mission to stop a city-wide massacre.

Deva’s always prepared for battle, but can she overcome the burning desire for the inked deviant who represents everything she thought she left behind?





Universal link :

Amazon.com

  



Here are a few tracks that inspired me to write Lost Bastard, enjoy! 😊

Heaven Julia Michaels

Every Breath You Take by Chase Holfelder

Writing’s On the Wall by Sam Smith

New Rules by Dua Lipa

Is It Too Much That I’m Asking For by Tep No

Remember Me by Ivan Torrent

Bluebird by Luca Fogale

Nothing Else Matters by Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox

Dusk Till Dawn by ZAYN and Sia

River by Eminen and Ed Sheeran

Burning Bridges by Ludacris and Jason Aldean



Interview With
India Kells:


1.      Can you tell us a little about your books?
I always fall for good love stories, but what really drew me into writing in this genre is the characters, especially the female characters. I do like strong women and how they manage to evolve and overcome challenges and ultimately find love in the process. That’s the kind of stories I write. At first, I started with romantic suspense, a series called Women of Purgatory, where the founder Beatrice Dante, brings together all sorts of misfits for impossible missions. It’s a joy to see how resilient humans are, both men and women. I love putting my characters in impossible situations and see how they will get out of it. Another reason why I did a spin-off of that series called Dark Sparrows, which Lost Bastard comes from. At some point, I wanted to up the ante and explore more unusual settings, and that’s why I started the Sanctuary Chronicles, paranormal romance novels. In this genre, I think the emotions are more raw and the reactions less human, and that’s what attracted me to it. However, the baseline of my stories remains the same; a strong woman, an alpha man battling to get out of an inextricable situation and falling for each other in the process.

2.      What inspires you to write?
Music is a strong inspiration for me. With a simple melody, images pop into my head or I start to feel emotions that transform into a possible scene. From that scene, sometimes, a whole book is born. Also, I use music throughout the creation process, it gets my juices flowing when I need to weave a fight scene or a more sensual one.

3.      How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
With my brand new book Lost Bastard, I have six books out. My second paranormal is coming out shortly as well as the second installment of my Bastard series in the finishing stages. As for a favorite, it’s difficult to choose one. I can say that some characters haunted me a long time after I’ve finished the book, and it’s Owen and Dylan from To Trick a Hacker. Both characters had demons of their own, but what amazed me was how they continued to believe and hope despite the pains and hardship. I was glad they could find each other.

4.      Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I wish I could write full time, and as it’s not the case right now, I write whenever I can find the time: lunch time, after work, weekends… every minute spent writing is more words on the page to finish my books!

5.      Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
I’m so not original, but it’s coffee!! COFFEE!! It’s a much-needed fuel to get going with the amount of work I need to do each day. 😊

6.      Do you have a favorite spot to write?
On the weekends, I like to spend time at a neighborhood café. The ambience is nice and it helps to get out of the house and see other people! I have that spot in a booth and I can sit there for hours!

7.      If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?
Trick question… I think I would like to be like The Flash… move hyper fast. Well, do everything super fast! I could write my novels in a day, run to Europe for a coffee! Wouldn’t that be awesome!

8.      What are writing projects are you currently working on?
The second installment of my Sanctuary Chronicles, Blind Magic, is about finished. Same for the second installment of my Dark Sparrows series, Cold Bastard. My next projects are to develop these two series!




About India Kells:
India Kells is a romantic suspense and paranormal romance author with many books under her pen. Her love for strong female characters, wicked alpha males and tense situations, where villains and danger are lurking nearby, help her weave captivating stories that will leave you breathless and wanting for more.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/1093065180769348 (India Kells’s Sanctuary – Group)

No comments:

Post a Comment