Thursday, February 2, 2017

Featured Author: Amanda Mackey

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Amanda Mackey!!


Defending Jagger
by  Amanda Mackey


Rosalind McAllister is the newest creative writing teacher at Arizona State Prison…

Rose is determined to prove herself to her criminal students and not let them break her—like they did the last teacher. But when she meets Jagger Reed, she immediately knows the line between student and teacher could be easily blurred. Tall, intimidating, and way too handsome to be incarcerated, she vows to keep him at a distance.

A creative writing assignment turns into the discovery of Jagger’s innocence…

When Rose reads Jagger’s creative writing piece, she’s both astounded and impressed. His written words call to her, providing a window into his private world. But as the assignment continues, she discovers facts about Jagger’s conviction that change everything.

Determined to piece together clues that leap out from the pages, she finds much more than an articulate prisoner.

How can she save a man who doesn't want to be saved? And can she stop her heart from getting involved while…

Defending Jagger?





Amazon link: 



Author Bio:  
Amanda Mackey was born in New Zealand and moved to Australia when she was 12 years old with her family, where she has lived ever since. She has loved books since an early age and is an avid reader. This has helped lay the foundation for her writing. She's published 10 novels to date with plenty more on the way. An author with Limitless Publishing, she loves to spend time with family when she's not writing or reading.
Amanda hopes to make writing her full time career and travel in the near future.



Interview Amanda Mackey:
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?  
My books don't necessarily fall into any category when I begin writing them. I don't try to have them as contemporary romance or paranormal romance. Whatever comes into my mind is how the story will end up. Often it takes on a life of its own as if I have no control over it. While most of my books are in the contemporary romance genre, it is typically because I believe any good book should have a love story tucked away inside. 

2. How did you choose the genre you write in? 
In reference to the answer above, I didn't choose it. It chose me and still continues to do so by the ideas that keep popping up in my head. I guess it's coincidence that most of my books have ended up in the same genre. I'd love to write a crime novel so that may be on the cards down the track if the story manifests. 

3. Where do you get your ideas? 
My ideas typically hit me when I least expect them to. I was driving home from taking my kids to school one day and an idea for a book hit so I had to pull over and scrounge around in my handbag for paper and a pen so I could jot the ideas down before I forgot them. 

4. Do you have a favorite spot to write? 
I write in the spare bedroom where I get some peace and quiet and can close the door. 

5. Do you listen to music while you write?
I can't listen to music when I write, unlike so many other authors. I need silence for my brain to focus. Music distracts me. I've always been this way. Even when I read, I need the silence to help me absorb the words I'm reading. 

6. What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured? 
You know what? My writing day is worked around family and outside work commitments so it happens when it happens. Now that the kids are back in school after summer holidays here in Australia, I have a few hours to write. I grab different moments when I can. I try to write every day even if it's a paragraph!

7. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with? 
 Hmm, perpaps the Finding You series. It eases into my writing and was my very first series. There are three books all up and if you like an emotional and suspense filled read, you'll enjoy this series. 

8. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? 

Immortality. Because then I could keep writing forever! Not only that, I wouldn't get sick, ever. 


9. What are writing projects are you currently working on? 
I'm currently working on a 3 book military series with book 1 almost complete. It's my first military romance and I'm enjoying it immensely. I like the research that comes with writing so this one in particular has been interesting. After this series is complete, I'm not sure what is after that. It will no doubt come to me. I'm a panster and just let things happen as they are meant to. :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment