Saturday, February 25, 2017

Interview With Lisa Hofmann



Interview With Lisa Hofmann!

1.    Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I’m 41 years old. I’m a summer person, and I love traveling, art, music, and cats. I’m stubborn. Luckily, I have a wonderful, supportive family. I’m a self-publisher by conviction, and I enjoy the creative freedom that gives me. I work with some wonderful people I would never have had the pleasure of meeting if I had opted for a publishing house.


2.    Can you tell us a little about your books?
I write medieval fantasy novels with strong characters. The magic in my stories is subtle, hidden, and not always what you’d expect, I think. I have the first two books of a series out right now, and I’m working on the third, as well another project that’s set in a similar world and time.


3.     When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I grew up with books, and telling and writing stories has always been something that comes naturally to me. I think I’ve always been writing something or other – I was the kid who had to read out her essays in class, and it amazed me that the other students wanted to hear what I’d penned. I remember writing a story in tenth grade that classmates of mine actually handed around school until almost everyone in my grade had read it.

 

4.     Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Tea. I’m addicted to Roibush Caramel. Can’t write without it.


5.    If you ever experience a case of writer’s block, how do you cure it?
I’m so glad I never have. I don’t think I’ve ever run out of ideas. There is always something at the back of my mind, wanting out. I have way too little time to write.


6.     When you write do you write the first draft on a computer or paper and pen?
Paper and pen. It gives me a better overview, and I’ve always got a writing pad with me wherever I go so I can jot down ideas. It’s just quicker, and I can do little drawings or diagrams as well, a bit like storyboards and rough sequences I can use later on for the book trailers.


7.     What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?
One day is never like the other. I’m not a full time writer, so I organize my writing around my job and my family. I write whenever and wherever I get a chance – on my break at work, in my car, on a bench outside my children’s sports or music lessons, and late in the evenings or at night when the house has gone quiet.


8.    For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
I’d suggest beginning with Dies Irae Book 1, Stealing the Light. It’s the first in my current series, and I’ve been told it draws a reader in. Writer’s Digest had a lot of good things to say about it recently – it was awarded an “outstanding” in every category in its genre for the Best Self-Published Books Award 2016 and will be getting an honorable mention in the May/June edition. I loved writing it.


9.     If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
I’d love to go to New Zealand. Some quiet beach there, just my laptop and me for a few days. That would be great.



10.  What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m working on the third book of a series, as well as a stand-alone fantasy novel titled “Trading Darkness”, which I love editing right now. It’s a story about choices, heroes, and demons – but not everything is quite as clear as we might think at the beginning.


Website:

Books:



Stealing the Light (Dies Irae Book 1)

The age of magic is over, and the hunt for the Unnaturals is on. Two young people with the Curse grow up amid the chaos of a changing world. Catherine learns to survive on theft and manipulation. When she steals from the wrong man, she has to learn several lessons the hard way, but she will employ every last one of them to plan her revenge. On the other side of the forest, the secret community of the Cine take in a refugee boy from the Sudlands. Lorcan’s magical Abilities surpass all others, but the lad’s father brings tragedy upon the safe haven. Murder and betrayal shape the lives of both Catherine and Lorcan as they become adults, but while one of the two sets about stealing the light, the other plunges headlong into the darkness.


Buy Link:
Book Trailer:
 



Into the Dark (Dies Irae Book 2)

A year has passed since the Master Sorcerer’s murder. Lorcan Aurum returns to Ironstone to make a life for himself there, while Catherine Salt is forced to join a troupe of traveling harlots and sell her body to survive.
The merchants guild and the Inquisitor’s determined effort to destroy the Unnaturals bring about a shift in the political balance of the Duitiscish Kingdoms. Both Lorcan and Catherine find themselves faced with few and difficult choices. Though worlds apart, the connection they share is The Fair, but Lorcan is bound by an old promise to protect the Master Sorcerer’s legacy, whereas Catherine is driven by ambitions that might cause more damage to the Unnaturals than the Church ever could.

Buy Link:
Book Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment