Saturday, November 15, 2014

Review of Roman by Chelsea Ballinger


Roman (A Pierce Family Novella)
 

Roman (A Pierce Family Novella)

by
Synopsis:
"Everything I have done in this life has not gone without consequences.
I have done things I am not proud of and I have suffered unspeakable pain for them. My family is the only thing that keeps me going. From the hatred inside of me to the sacrifices I have made, love has always found a way to save me. My family is love to me. My world outside of my family is not. I am a man of few words, but right now an unlimited amount of words fill me as I go back in time. As I go back to the day I met my wife, the moment my father told me my future, the moment I accepted it. The moment when I became Roman Pierce, the most powerful gangster in New York."

The year is 1995 and twenty three year old Roman Pierce is preparing for his ill father to die and for him to take over and reign as the head of the family. With so much pressure and threat coming from other crime families in New York, Roman can feel the walls closing in on him, but when he meets Vera, he finally feels free and hopeful for a different life separated from the one he was born into. We all know the story of their children, but no one truly knows the story of the winter Roman and Vera fell in love and made a choice that changed the course of their lives forever. Through a lifetime together, they discovered the true meaning of hate, sacrifice, and love.
  
 
Review by Gia:
Roman is A Pierce Family Novella.  I have not read any of the other Pierce Family book and I was not lost reading this one.  My understanding is that the other Pierce Family books are based on Roman and Vera's kids. 
I absolutely loved the story.   This novella is Roman and Vera's story.  We see how Vera and Roman meet and how Roman becomes the head of  the most powerful crime family in New York.   Vera and Roman have such a great relationship that is built on trust, love , and understanding.   After reading Roman, I definitely want to read the rest of the Pierce Family novels. 
5 Amazeballs Stars!!!!
 
 
Buy Link:
 
About this author
    
:
I am a dreamer. I'm obsessed with Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Scandal, and good people.
Since I was a kid, I've always had a an imagination that consumed me in more ways than one. I've always created these stories and pictures in my head, but never thought I would actually get a chance to do something about it. All I can say is thank God for Amazon Self Publishing! I used to think I was weird because of it, but due to the people who support me, I realized God gave me a gift. So that's my story. I want to do what makes me happy and creating stories makes me happy. If I'm not writing, I am either in deep thought (Analyzing everything), chillin with my family and friends, listening to music,reading, watching movies, or daydreaming.Well actually I daydream while doing all of that stuff but in the end God Bless love, technology, and pop culture!
My advice to people is do what makes you happy and use the gifts God has blessed you with.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment