Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Featured Author: Helen J. Barnes

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Helen J. Barnes!!!!!


Synopsis:
Dayton Scott loves three things in life. Mixing music. Producing music. The club scene. He embraces the DJ lifestyle, well, except for the meaningless sex and fast women.

Alannah Matthews hasn’t got time for men. She is on the verge of qualifying as a legal secretary and, frankly, she has had enough of men talking to her chest.

Their paths cross at a house party and they whip each other into a spin. They fall deep, hard and fast. But not everyone is happy. Enter, Regina Escarra. She runs Manchester’s hottest nightclub for her father, Dayton’s boss. She has wanted Dayton for a long time and has the contacts to make or break his career.

A once in a lifetime opportunity arises for Dayton and he wants Alannah by his side. But can she leave all she loves? Will Regina finally get her wish? Can Dayton make his mark on the music industry? It all comes down to - The Final Note.


 

Buy Links:
The Final Note (All my works are priced 77p/99c)
Book Trailer and Goodreads link:


 



About Helen J. Barnes:
Helen J. Barnes has been writing since 2014 and kicked off the year with The Learning Curve, the first novel in the Inner Strength Series, followed up by A Rising Angel. The third novel in the series is due to be released spring 2015. She is also the author of The Final Note.

Married to a DJ/Producer and record label manager, she has three children and was born and raised in Nottinghamshire, UK.

When not writing Helen enjoys reading and home educating her children when they're not holidaying on the east coast of England. She has unhealthy addiction to Ian Somerhalder, Tom Hardy, chocolate, anything tie dyed and is obsessed with all things Titanic related.

Here are my media links:
Interview with Helen J. Barnes:
1) Can you tell us a little about your book?
The Final Note was published late October and is about a young legal student, Alannah, who meets a hot up and coming DJ and music producer, Dayton Scott. Fate pulls them together and this ignites spite and jealousy from many for his fans and one particular bar manager. Regina runs the club for her Daddy, who is also Dayton’s boss. But as much as fate pulls Dayton and Alannah together their dreams are pulling them apart.

2) Using one sentence describe Final Note?
A hot and steamy romance that will take you back to your clubbing days and have you looking at DJ’s in a whole new light ;)
3) Who designed your covers?
Rowdie of Rowdie Dezines

4) Do you have any “odd” writing habits?
None that I consider ‘odd’ but maybe some would consider preferring to write in my PJs odd.
5) So far which book has been your favorite to write?

Definitely The Final Note. I enjoyed writing the Inner Strength Series but The Final Note was something totally different.


6) Do you listen to music while you write?
Always and the type of music varies according to my mood and the scene I’m writing. With The Final Note I listened to a lot of EDM and club classic tracks. The Vamps, The Script and Take That are on the playlist too.



7) Do you work with an outline, or just write?
The ideas for books come to me and I write them down or make a note on my phone, then I’ll work from the basic outline but it’s a very rough outline and the story develops a lot more as I write.
8) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I’m emetophobic, which means I have a huge irrational fear of vomit. I’ve had it since I was a small child and no amount of therapy has helped me get over my phobia. Yet.

9) What’s your favorite season?
Summer. I love lots of sunshine and vitamin D. The darker nights don’t do it for me and I’m so nesh, I cannot stand to be cold.

10) What project are you working on now?
I’m meant to be starting Inner Strength Series #3 but ideas for a new stand alone novel keep pounding my brain and I’ve already got a rough outline so I’ll probably end up writing both books throughout the last of the year. I’ve never had two projects running at the same time so I don’t know how that will pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment