Friday, November 14, 2014

Featured Author: Amelia Ford

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Amelia Ford!!!










Tagan's Child by Amelia Ford



Synopsis:

The day after the first anniversary of her sister’s death, twenty six year old Sophie McAllister is paid an unexpected visit from a handsome stranger who delivers some disturbing news about her eight year old nephew and ward. Just when Sophie thought her life was getting back on track she is forced to put her trust in a man with an extraordinary secret and begins a perilous journey that threatens everything she holds dear as well as challenges her innermost fears. Is love really enough?




You can find Tagan's Child at:

Tagan's Child hit the bestseller lists for romantic suspense and romantic sci-fi on Amazon UK for the first time last month!



Author Bio:

I live in Kent with my husband, three children and a variety of four legged and feathered friends, which together with a passion for writing, makes a pretty hectic schedule.  Not that I would change a thing! Tagan's Child is my first novel and I am currently working on my second book due to be released in 2015.  You can follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AmeliaFordAuthor or Twitter @ammyford1
 
 
Interview with Amelia Ford:

1) Can you tell us a little about your book?

I was struggling to find a good book so decided to have a go at writing the kind of book I like to read.  I'm a former teacher of Psychology so had written academic stuff before but had never written fiction.  Two years later I had finished my first novel and had loved every second of it!  I'm a busy mum of three so it wasn't always easy finding the time to sit down and write but I snatched whatever time I could, even if it meant tapping out a couple of paragraphs whilst I cooked the dinner or folded washing!  Needless to say that housework took a back seat.  Fortunately, I have a very understanding husband!  I wanted to write a romance, but one that had a good story line so I analysed what made a good story for me and began to flesh out some ideas and that's when Tagan's Child began to grow and evolve.

2) Using one sentence, can you describe Tagan's Child ?

Tagan's Child is a romantic suspense with a sci-fi/paranormal twist.

3) Who designed the cover?

I did and then I took my idea to a design company who brought it to life.

4) Do you have any “odd” writing habits?

Not odd as such, but I mostly write in the evenings sitting on the sofa with my laptop on my lap.  I have to be comfortable otherwise I can't concentrate.  I also find that tea helps my creative juices flow.

5) How did you come up with your characters' names?

The strange thing is I didn't have to give the character's names much thought.  I pictured them in my mind and their names just sort of came to me.  I find if I think too hard I tend to go round and round in circles.

6) Do you listen to music while you write?

No.  I can't have any background noise when I'm writing.  I like to be able to sink into my imagination without any distractions.  

7) Do you work with an outline, or just write?

I have an outline of the story but each time I sit down I never quite know where the story will take me.
8) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?

I love a blanket, no matter what time of year it is!

9) What’s your favorite season?

That's a tricky one because I like each season for different reasons, but if I had to choose it would probably be Spring because it signals the end of winter and is full of promise.

10) What project are you working on now?

The sequel to Tagan's Child :) I wasn't going to write one but people have been clamouring for it. I always think there is a danger with a sequel that it won't be good as the first book so I was reluctant to write a follow on, but now that I have started writing it, it has kind of taken on a life of it's own; the characters are evolving, the story sweeps you along and there are more surprises along the way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment