Sunday, October 5, 2014

Featured Author: Ellie Wade


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Ellie Wade!!!!


 Books:
 
22020316

Synopsis:

Typical college student, Olivia Marshall embarks on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Spain with her best friend, Nolan, a handsome all-American. After three years, they share a special bond, but there’s a fine line between friendship and…more.

Spain turns out to be more of an experience than Olivia imagined. She meets Andres Cruz, a mysterious, sexy man. Lead singer of a band, his charm and passion is rarely denied, and Olivia is immediately drawn to him.

Torn between two men promising her forever, Olivia will discover if she can trust herself and her instincts as she chooses between the comfort of what she’s always known or the excitement of a connection she’s never felt before.


Forever Baby: http://amzn.to/ZoTGGL







22825469

 Synopsis:
What happens when something so terrible tears you apart from the inside out?

You become a fragment of yourself.

On the right path to achieving her hopes and dreams, Campbell Stevens has always been a model student. The first time she lets loose during her senior year of high school, she loses everything.

Living in a nightmare after surviving the most traumatic event, Campbell learns to be content by walking through life single and unattached, free of the uncertainty that relationships bring. She isn’t looking for love. In fact, she goes out of her way to avoid it—that is, until she runs into Deacon Montgomery, a kind and handsome Chicago firefighter. She denies her instant attraction to him, only making him more persistent in his pursuit of her. Despite her desire to be with Deacon, Campbell is too damaged to share herself with anyone else.

Life left Campbell shattered. Can Deacon help put the fragments back together? Or will she forever be broken?






About Ellie:
Ellie Wade resides in southwest Michigan with her husband, three young children, and two dogs. She has a Master’s degree in education from Eastern Michigan University and is a huge University of Michigan sports fan. She loves the beauty of her home state, especially the lakes and the gorgeous autumn weather. When she is not writing, you will find her reading, snuggled up with her kiddos, or spending time with family and friends. She loves traveling and exploring new places with her family.



Interview with Ellie Wade:
  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
I have two. The first one, Forever Baby, is about a college-aged girl who is trying to find herself (even if she doesn’t know it). She travels abroad to Spain and falls for a hot Spanish guy. After leaving Spain to return to the states she faces some challenges that really test her character and self-worth. Through it all she figures out who she is and what she wants. My second novel is Fragment. It is about a 25 year old woman who experienced a horrible event that traumatized her when she was 18. She struggles to find happiness and acceptance in her adult life. She meets a hunky and incredibly sweet (definitely swoon worthy!) firefighter who helps bring her out of her shell. Yet, her issues run deep and she struggles with who she want to be and finding the courage to be that person. My two novels are not related, but they both definitely have the same type of “love yourself” theme going on. ;-) 
  1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
I have been married for ten years. I am a mother to three kids, ages 3-8. Writing is my passion, but as of now it is just a pastime. I hope to eventually be able to write full time, but as of now, that is not a possibility due to the financial obligations of life ;-)
  1. What books did you enjoy as a child?
I loved A Wrinkle in Time, The Giver, Judy Blume books. I really loved those “Choose Your Own Adventure” Books. I was obsessed with reading every possible ending to the scenarios. lol
  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Anywhere that is comfortable and quiet! I often write in my bed on my laptop, once my kids are asleep. 
  1. Do you have any “odd” writing habits?
I don’t think so. Although, I will say that most of my favorite scenes in my books come to me while I’m in the shower. I’m not sure why…maybe it is the only time during the day that I can just think. ;-)
  1. Do you listen to music while you write?
No I don’t. I know a lot of authors do. I can’t. I am one of those people that need quiet to focus. If I had music on I would be concentrating on the music and not the writing. 
  1. What do you do when you are not writing?
I work full time as an educator and am kept very busy with all of my kids’ activities. 
  1. What advice would you give to your younger self?
I wish I would have started writing sooner. I would have told myself to not sweat the small stuff. Also, I would have told myself to stop being so hard on myself. I was never happy with my body or weight and looking back…I would love to have my college-aged body back! It is sad that I didn’t appreciate it when I was there. I try to wake up each day now grateful, for everything. 
  1. What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I traveled abroad every summer during college. I love Mexican food. 
  1. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
 I am writing a story about childhood best friends and the journey that life takes them on, both together and separate. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment