Thursday, September 25, 2014

Featured Author: Lorina Lynne

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Lorina Lynne!!



Snippet:
His final words and click of the light switch were like the epitaph on the grave of our marriage.
Now, as I sit curled up in a ball on the couch weeping for this death, random thoughts run through my head.  Maybe there is still something I can do to show him how much I love him and want to share our lives intimately.  Does he want a divorce?  Should I move out?  Where do I go from here?  How will I survive?
My heart feels as though someone reached inside me and was strangling it, sucking my life and breath away.  I’ve never felt such pain.  I have been fortunate enough that I haven’t experienced much great loss.  My father passed away nearly five years ago.  This pain is immensely worse, maybe because it is my fault.  Rationally I know that I cannot be solely responsible for the dissolution of our relationship.  After all, it takes two to tango.  But I know that I have a sizeable share in the guilt.  I recognize that sleep will not come quickly.  Tonight is about grief.  The grief of losing something really good, albeit not perfect,  and the grief of uncertainty. 
              So many scenarios flash in front of me.  I’ve always been a fairly positive person, seeing the bright side to any problem.  I’m not a worrier, focusing instead on the good that is bound to happen.  I’ve had enough experience in life to know that God has always taken care of me and gotten me through tough situations.  This time is different, though.  There will be no happily ever after.  Reality doesn’t work like the romance novels I’d been so desperately trying to use to lose myself in.
 
 


Teasers:
 






About Lorina:  
I’m Lorina Lynne and I unexpectedly discovered a passion for writing recently and am exploring this new revelation.  I just published my first novel, SideTracked.  I was inspired by two of my favorite authors, Regina Duke and Lucian Bane.  When not writing or working at my real job in the healthcare industry, I love to read and promote other indie authors.  Some fun facts – I drink tea (not coffee – it gives me a headache), I’m a closet chocoholic (it has to be really dark – the chocolate, that is, not the closet), and I’m a sushi addict.  Oh, and I love to scuba dive.  Under the water is the most tranquil place on earth.



Social Media Links:
 
 
Interview with Lorina:
1) Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m Lorina Lynne and I unexpectedly discovered a passion for writing recently and am exploring this new revelation.  I just published my first novel, SideTracked.  I was inspired by two of my favorite authors, Regina Duke and Lucian Bane.  When not writing or working at my real job in the healthcare industry, I love to read and promote other indie authors.  Some fun facts – I drink tea (not coffee – it gives me a headache), I’m a closet chocoholic (it has to be really dark – the chocolate, that is, not the closet), and I’m a sushi addict.  Oh, and I love to scuba dive.  Under the water is the most tranquil place on earth.
 
2) Do you have any “odd” writing habits?
 I like to do something else while I'm writing for short little breaks - like check Facebook.  It's weird, but it keeps me on track!
3)Do you listen to music while you write?  
Sometimes.

4) Using one sentence, describe Side Tracked.
  SideTracked is about the danger and intrigue of self-discovery!

5)
Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I just write - from the first word to the last.  An author friend described my writing as "seat-of-the-pants" writing.  I have a broad idea of where the story will go, but I work out the details as I write.

6) When did you know you wanted to write a book?
  I've had a vague notion for a while, but my thoughts came together after I did some journaling.  I reread what I had written and thought, this would make a good novel!  I realized at that point that I could be descriptive enough to write fiction!

7) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?  
Ummmm... I was bitten by a tiger.  For real.

8) What’s your favorite season? 
I love autumn.  The colors of the season plus the cool crisp air is my favorite.

9) What's the last book you read?  
Ruin: The Waking by Lucian Bane - he's one of my very favorite authors!

10) What project are you working on now?  
I'm working on my next novel.  It's coming along slowly!  For now it's called Diving In, but that could change a hundred times.  It's a more traditional romance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment