Saturday, August 27, 2016

Featured Author: Jenn Hype






Pretending Series


Pressing Adalyn by

To say I’m lacking a life plan would be a gross understatement. Yeah, I ‘survived’ something horrific and still managed to graduate college, but it did me little good. Here I am three years later with no life plan, no money and no goals, moving to a big city to live with my best friend in hopes of putting my self-destructive behavior behind me and getting my life back on track.

Stacy and I met in college. She’s the quintessential good-time girl, which means she just barely has her crap together herself. If I manage to survive living with her without getting arrested or seriously embarrassing myself, then I’ll consider that a step in the right direction.

No steps in any direction have even been made before Ian enters the picture, throwing me even further off course with all his sexy charm and annoying persistence. I’ve never had a guy so incapable of taking a hint. I don’t care if he’s Stacy’s best friend and one of the city’s most eligible bachelors. Doesn’t make a difference to me that he’s a walking contradiction; his gorgeous face and unrelenting kindness won’t do him any good when it comes to me.

Even if I wanted Ian - which I don’t - I’m nowhere near ready for a serious relationship, and I swore off casual sex when I moved in with Stacy. So no matter how deliciously tempting he is, I’m not going to give in to Ian.

Really I’m not.

Due to the use of strong language and explicit adult situation, it is recommended readers be 18 or older before reading this book.








Playing Stacy

Stacy’s no stranger to trouble, considering that’s where her smart ass remarks usually land her...in trouble.

A drunken night out with her best friend Adalyn lands her in jail. Not that she’d done anything wrong, except for hit on the incredibly sexy cop who showed up to take a report from Adalyn who’d had her purse stolen.

Chad, a no-nonsense officer who takes himself and his job very seriously, has no patience for Stacy’s shenanigans and over the top flirting. So he hauls her to jail to teach her a lesson, but didn’t expect it to cause Stacy to become a regular fixture in his life.

Stacy ends up befriending Chad’s partner, Joe, who keeps her company after Chad dumps her in a holding cell for the night. Joe and Stacy hit it off right away, resulting in Stacy always being around, no matter how much Chad tries to avoid her.

The constant bickering and sarcastic insults only heighten the sexual tension between Chad and Stacy, and Chad’s ability to control his emotions and actions becomes increasingly difficult.

A low scale war is declared between them, but their actions continue to both hurt each other while simultaneously pulling them together. When the fighting leads to literal bloodshed, they begin to wonder if they both should surrender before the war destroys them both.









Pursuing Carrie

Carrie is plain, quiet and doesn’t really give a shit what people think. Her priorities in life have absolutely nothing to do with dating or relationships. Quite the opposite, in fact, seeing as how a relationship is the absolute last thing she wants. Ever.

Joe is charming and charismatic, but the only thing he’s ever worked hard at in his adult life is his job. Outside of being a cop, he’s only interested in things that come easily, and that includes women. He gives the women he sleeps with respect, affection, and mind blowing orgasms - but that’s all he gives.

After being brought together by a mutual friend, Stacy, Joe and Carrie don’t exactly hit it off. They are the exact opposite of what the other looks for in a lover, yet they can’t fight the growing attraction that blossoms between them.

Under the pretense of wanting to be friends for the sake of Stacy, Joe sets out to win Carrie over, but his normal charms don’t work on her. And the more he tries to win her friendship, the more he realizes that friendship is not at all what he really wants.

Carrie’s willpower is strong, but it’s no match for Joe’s persistence, and despite her reluctance, Carrie finds herself falling for Joe in a way that she’s sure will cause irreparable damage in the end. Because nothing good ever comes out of hooking up with someone you care about, and why should this time be the exception?

Tainted pasts, crazy ex-lovers and flying dildos notwithstanding, Carrie and Joe find themselves venturing into unknown territory. It’s not easy, but it’s hot as hell, and luckily they are both too stubborn to give up easily on something that feels a lot more real than a short fling.

**Can be read as a standalone, but backstory and character development from the first two books of the series may make this read more enjoyable.







Farewell Apathy

The world is a scary place, even when you know who you are, where you come from and most importantly, who your enemies are.

So imagine how I felt when I woke up inside of Mayford Mental Institution, strapped to a bed in a dark, empty room with no recollection of how I got there. Try to picture having no family or friends to help you try to remember and adjust to a totally new life.

If only my problems stopped there. If only I didn’t have someone trying to torment me at every turn. If only my life didn’t become more and more complicated the more I started to remember.

It started out okay enough - my friend-turned-psychiatrist Mark found me a job and a place to live. My neighbor Keegan took me in under her wing and helped me adjust. Wyatt, a dark, brooding and dangerously sexy new tenant moved in the day after me, taking on the task of reminding me what blinding lust feels like.

What goes up, must come down, and as soon as life starts to feel like something I can handle, the gravity of my messed up life yanks me right back down on my ass. Kind of crazy how quickly you can go from being completely apathetic about your unknown future, to fearing that your future might not even exist at all…








Coming Soon
Baited Truth


Pre-order now

Add to your TBR

Join the release party


Giveaway
  http://bit.ly/2bau4V5

Baited Truth
Excerpt
Unedited and subject to change
Coming Sept 6th :D <3
Baited Truth Copyright. All Rights reserved by Jenn Hype
Sit your ass down and don’t even think about acting up or I will be a lot less friendly than last time,” he barked, shoving me down onto the chair. The same chair I’d been tied to the first time he treated me like a piece of shit prisoner only twelve hours ago. Wow. Had it really only been twelve hours? Felt like I’d been trapped there for a freaking month.
Shit!” Grant’s left knee buckled when the heel of my foot connected with the back of his leg. Before he could recover, I swung my leg around, taking out his other leg at the ankle. My small hands gripped his wrists and pulled. My knee dug into his back at the base of his spine. He tried to stifle a groan, but I still heard it. Maybe even took a little too much pleasure out of it.
I don’t know what crawled up your ass in the five minutes you were away from me, but whatever it is does not give you the right to push me around and treat me like shit. You want to push around a woman? Does that make you feel big and powerful? You get your rocks off on controlling and humiliating those weaker than you?” Vitriol and fury radiated off of me as I dug my knee in harder. “I’ve got fucking news for you, asshole. I may be small, but I’m not weak. You put your hands on me again, and not even your friends will be able to stop me from cutting off your dick and shoving it down your throat. Got it?”


About Jenn Hype

What's up world - I'm Jenn Hype.

Author, mother, wife, singer/songwriter, aspiring comedian - I wear many hats. Some of them fit, some of them look ridiculous, and all of them are fun. Life's too short to take anything too seriously, so I don't.

Sarcasm is my go-to, especially when it's most inappropriate. Need someone to make an uncomfortable situation even more awkward? I'm the girl for the job.

I'm ridiculously A.D.D. and I own it. I have a serious addiction to ecards and the majority of my Pinterest account is dedicated to them. The key to my heart is glitter and caffeine - my needs are basic.

I'm a bookaholic and I crush hard on my book boyfriends and their authors. Some might call me obsessive, but I disagree. That word really doesn't do justice to how crazy I get when it comes to something I'm passionate about. I'm not afraid to go fangirl on you, so don't test me.

Stalk Links

No comments:

Post a Comment