Friday, March 25, 2016

Featured Author: SM Koz



Welcome Today's Featured Author 
SM Koz!!





image1.JPG

Breaking Free:

SM Koz's debut novel, Breaking Free was voted Readers' Favorite, 2015 International Book Awards.  Breaking Free won the Young Adult-Social Issues Bronze Medal in recognition of excellence in writing. Breaking Free has 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon and Goodreads.  See what reviewers are saying about this raw, emotional, and realistic debut novel.

"With a plot so incredibly heartbreaking yet heartwarming at the same time, this book had me hooked from the beginning. I have much respect and admiration for SM Koz for addressing the issue of cutting. Incredible writing, real characters, and an unpredictable plot make Breaking Free a must read."
-5 stars, Cheryl, iheartfictionalpeople.com

Amazon Universal Link:

*Disclaimer: This book contains adult language, sexual themes, and explicit self-harm behavior. Parental discretion is recommended for those under 15 years of age.*


Synopsis:

Kelsie Sullivan’s life has changed forever. The once outgoing cheerleader has a secret to hide. The car accident that killed her best friend Jenna? She caused it. 
With an absent father and unforgiving stepmother, Kelsie has nowhere to turn. She manages her guilt and grief with razor blades. The fleeting release she experiences becomes an obsession and soon she cannot hide it any longer. Once her cutting is revealed, Kelsie’s parents enroll her in a Wilderness Therapy program designed to rehabilitate troubled teens, but North Carolina is a world away from California. 
Kelsie fights against everything the program has to offer until she befriends JC, a boy with a tortured past of his own. He’s also the only one who is able to ease her pain. The two grow close, but quickly discover that nature—both human and otherwise—can easily rip them apart.



image2.JPG

image3.JPG


image4.JPG

image5.JPG
image6.JPG
image7.JPG



╔══.★.═══════╗
★COMING SOON!!!★
╚═══════.★.══╝
Love Me, Love Me Not
By International Award-Winning Author
SM Koz



image8.JPG

Love Me, Love Me Not. Release date: TBA
 
 
Seventeen-year-old Hailey Brown never wanted to be popular or rich or even successful. All she ever wanted was to feel loved by someone, anyone.

Eighteen-year-old Brad Campbell doesn't know anything but popularity, wealth, and success thanks to his affluent family and unmatched talent on the football field.

When Hailey and Brad are unexpectedly thrown together, will sparks fly or will their differences and unconventional situation prove to be too much of an obstacle?

Add to your Goodreads TBR:



image9.JPG







For LMLMN, SM Koz is asking Bloggers and Authors if they would be interested in reading and reviewing s free ARC. If so, they are encouraged to fill out this Google doc:




About SM Koz:
SM Koz was born in Michigan, but moved to North Carolina for college and never left.

She enjoys traveling, camping, hiking, photography, reading, spending time with foster kids who call her house home, and learning new things. When she’s not creating online training for pharmaceutical companies (her day job) or writing, Koz can be found at the local community college taking courses on various topics ranging from digital art to HTML to desktop publishing. Next in line are auto mechanics and cake decorating.

Being trained as a veterinarian, it’s not surprising that Koz and her husband were recently told they have a mini-zoo with their two dogs, fish, cockatiels, and foster cats. In the past, they have also had parakeets and a snake. Other than the fish, all the animals were acquired through rescue organizations, something Koz wholeheartedly supports.

SM Koz has written six novels. Although her stories differ by genre, ranging from contemporary realism to sci-fi to fanfiction, two things they all have in common are a young adult focus and romance. 



Interview with SM Koz:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
Sure! Both of my published books are YA, but I will likely be expanding into NA and adult over the next few years. I tend to get bored easily, so I like to write in a variety of genres from realism to sci-fi to fanfiction. I’m even trying my hand at a thriller right now. One thing all of my books have in common, however, is romance. That’s my favorite part to write, so it’s a big component of all my novels.

2. Using one sentence describe Breaking Free?
Kelsie’s pain and guilt can only be eased by someone who has experienced his own heartache.

3. Using one sentence describe Pangalax?
Aveyana never imagined her entire life would be turned upside down by the mysteries of a US space station and a certain, way-too-handsome officer living there.

4. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
About 15 years ago, I gave it a shot. I sat down and wrote an entire page. Yes, a whole 400 words! Then, I decided it was too hard and didn’t try again for 10 years. On my second try, I was a little more persistent and actually finished a full-length YA novel. Unfortunately, it’s horrible. But, at least it gave me confidence that I could finish an entire book from start to finish. Next, I wrote two fanfictions and after receiving positive feedback online, decided to try my hand at more original stories.

5. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I heard James Patterson speak once and he said it’s essential for writers to use outlines. Ever since then, I’ve tried, unsuccessfully, to use them. For some reason, I’m not creative until I dive in and start writing. I’ll stare at the outline and try to think of plot twists or unique things to add and I’m stumped. Then, I start writing a chapter and ideas coming flooding in as I develop dialogue or backstory for a character. I’ll keep trying with outlines, but I don’t have much hope.

6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Outside whenever it’s nice. If it’s not nice, my couch with my two dogs curled up next to me.

7. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Chai latte. I’ll drink about any kind of chai, but I especially like Starbucks. I also love Twizzlers. If you look close enough, you may find references to Twizzlers in many of my books.

8. What is your favorite thing to do when you're not writing?
Traveling. I love to see new places and experience new things. It’s also great for coming up with story ideas. Whenever I travel, I keep my eyes and ears open, always on the lookout for inspiration.

9. What are you working on next?
I’m currently working on an entry for a mystery/thriller contest. It’s an adult thriller that’s an usual take on the rock star romance. If nothing comes of the contest, I may end up finishing the book and self-publishing it.
I’ve also got a YA/NA contemporary romance that’s in the final editing phase. It’s about two very different people and how they find exactly what they need in the other. It’s a lighthearted story about some serious issues. It’s called Love Me, Love Me Not and will be available soon, so keep your eyes open. As a thank you to my fans, this one will be available for free!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment