Saturday, February 14, 2015

Featured Author: Mary Catherine Gebhard

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Mary Catherine Gebhard!!


Book Blurb:
“I’ll love you until you break my heart. I’ll give you the broken pieces of my heart as an offering to you, because you own it. Whole, shattered, alive, or dead; you own my heart no matter what condition it’s in. I’ll stay with you until you figure out how to feel. I’ll stay with you even if you never do.”

This is a story about happiness, and how it doesn't simply happen because you fall in love.

Lennox is on the run from her ex-boyfriend. She had to drop everything, tell no one, and move to a new town, alone. She expected to be lonely, she expected to be afraid, but she never expected to meet a man named Vic who drove her crazy with lust and anger and called her “Lenny.” If it’s at all possible, Vic is more twisted than the man she ran away from. 

She should ignore him, but they’re drawn to each other like magnets. Lennox ran from from Seattle to Santa Barbara to get away from violence, to create a new life, and to be something simple. Instead she’s found herself wrapped up in great friends and an epic love. This new life is the opposite of everything she wants, but it might just be everything she needs. 

Buy Link:



TEASERS
















Author Bio

Author Info: 
"Mary Catherine Gebhard bites off more than she can chew and sometimes calls herself Eva Natsumi. She's lived in Salt Lake City, Utah her entire life, but occasionally goes on vacation from reality. Don’t worry, she sends postcards.”

 
Interview With Mary Catherine Gebhard:
Can you tell us a little about your books?

My books draw directly from my own experiences. I love to add fantastical and psychological elements, but they always draw from something I’ve experienced myself.

What inspires you to write?

Oh my. What a great question. My life inspires me to write. I suppose that sounds kind of lame… But growing up I was really, really sick and writing was the way I survived. When I wrote, I didn’t feel so alone. I would write these characters that suffered the same way as me and it was like finally there was someone out there who was going through the same shit as me.

Do you have a favorite spot to write?

On my couch. I don’t know if it’s my favorite spot, but it’s where I write the most. One time I drove up the mountains and found a spot overlooking them and that was beautiful. Actually, I think that’s my favorite spot.

Do you have any “odd” writing habits?

Not odd, but I tend to get sucked in to the rabbit hole. Like, if I’m researching blood diseases, I will get sucked so deep suddenly I’m researching Albanian princes, which has nothing to do with my book. And there goes two hours!

Do you listen to music while you write?

I do! I always create a Spotify playlist for each book. For “You Own Me” my SO wrote a song that I listened to each day while writing. Link: https://soundcloud.com/marycgebhard/you-own-me-eric-lo-colin-cronin

When did you know you wanted to write a book?

9th grade drama class was the day I knew writing was what I wanted to do with my life. Before then I was always writing anyway. That was just the day I had the bingo, lightbulb epiphany.

What book did you enjoy writing the most?

I enjoy writing all my books! With each book I get to be inside the character’s head. Some are more difficult than others, though, because some characters are more difficult. There’s one book I haven’t finished and I don’t know if I ever will. I wrote it when I was severely depressed and good god it shows. The character is like a walking time bob (see: me before my suicide attempt).

What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?

I have bipolar disorder and two cats and a dog. The dog is a total mama's boy.

What is your all-time favorite book?

I don’t have just one book! Talk about a Sophie’s choice! My all time favorite series is Karina Halle’s Experiment in Terror. Next is Evangeline Anderson’s Kindred series.

What are you working on next?

I’m working on a couple things. I’m writing a comedy romance, a drama romance, and a psychological series. I’m also writing a werewolf serial on my nom de plum, Eva Natsumi. 


No comments:

Post a Comment