Saturday, February 4, 2017

Featured Author: Randi Perrin


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Randi Perrin!!




Promises of Virtue:

Love has never been Cheryl Brigham’s plan. She’s not cut out for second dates, relationships, or happily ever afters.

All that changes when she’s on vacation in Paris. First dates lead to second dates, which leads to a whole lot more than she ever bargained for—but she knows it's all over when she returns home. That’s okay with her.

Until it’s not.

When it’s no-strings-attached, what will Cheryl do when her heart gets tangled up?




 





Excerpt:


He placed his hands on her shoulders so she’d stop moving and laid his lips on her cheek. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
Yep, tomorrow.” She flashed him a smile, and then she popped her earphones into her ears and took off at a light jog up to the Jardin des Tuileries.
She jogged around the outside edge of the gardens, taking in the beauty of her surroundings. The music on her phone stopped when she finished a lap. Realizing she’d neglected to charge it, she sighed deeply; runs without music were more work than those with it. Heck, she had purchased an awesome charger that would work in any outlet around the world, so she had no excuse.
Returning the phone back to the pocket of her running skirt, she turned to head back to her apartment when a pair of broad shoulders caught her attention. A tall, blond, and stunningly gorgeous runner went by. Finding herself drawn to him, her trip to the apartment was forgotten, as was the cute guy who just asked her out for the following day. Despite the fact that she had no tunes, she took off and followed him around the gardens, putting off her trip to the Louvre a little bit longer. After all, that ass was a fine piece of art in and of itself.




About Randi Perrin:
Randi has spent her entire life writing in one form or another. In fact, if she wasn't writing, she'd likely go completely and utterly insane. Her husband has learned to recognize when the voices are talking in her head and she needs some quality time with an empty Word file (the key to a successful marriage with a writer).

She lives with her husband, daughter, and four-legged children (all of which think they are people too).

A pop culture junkie, she has been known to have entire conversations in movie quotes and/or song lyrics.


Author Follow Links




Interview With Randi Perrin
  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
    The new one is called Promises of Virtue and is the second in the Earthbound Angels series. Virtue of Death was the first and it came out last year.

    The Earthbound Angels are an entirely new class of angels—they start out human, and are gifted wings on their eighteenth birthdays. They are fully human and fully angel, which means they fall in love, they make mistakes, oh, and they battle demons of one sort or another.

    Virtue was the story of Sera and her best friend Cheryl. In Promises, Cheryl is the main character and we follow her story as she travels to Paris, sees the sights, stumbles over basic French, and winds up in over her head with a guy.

  2. How did you choose the genre you write in?
    I write romance, and it is kind of funny that I do because I’m the least romantic person around. Seriously, ask my husband. But it’s my comfort zone. I love rom-coms, so it makes sense this is where I’d end up writing fiction.

    Now, the jump from contemporary to paranormal romance, that was a complete accident. I was plotting out my NaNoWriMo project in 2015 (which ended up being Virtue), and I was thinking about character attributes to give her. I decided she’d have a full-back angel wings tattoo. Then I thought, “What if she was an angel?” The rest, as they say, is history. I went PNR and I love it. It’s funny, even when I’m writing contemporary, there are times I’ll say, “Man, if only I could work some magic in right here, that would shake this up.” I’m a particular fan of PNRs that seamlessly meld the paranormal aspect into reality, which is what I’ve attempted to do with mine as well.

  3. Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
    I read so much growing up. I always had a book in my hand. In fact, I still have books 1-50ish of the Baby Sitter’s Club books in my garage, waiting for when my daughter gets older. In the sixth grade, I did a project where I wrote to a famous author (Ann M. Martin, of course) just to find out what it was to make her tick and how she got ideas and wrote.

    However, the biggest influence was probably Nora Roberts. I skipped an assignment in college to go to a talk and a book signing. She was incredibly gracious, and like a complete idiot, I told her that I had a novel hidden in me somewhere. Because how many people haven’t said that to her over the years, right? But she smiled and told me to just keep writing.

    And look where her advice landed me. Promises is my second novel. Apparently I had more than one in me. 

  4. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
    I do. I actually write in the living room, while my husband and daughter are watching TV. I’ve gotten very good at tuning it out. But there’s a giant round chair set up in the corner and I sit down, cover up with a blanket, the dogs curl up beside me, and I write like a madwoman. 

  5. Do you listen to music while you write?
    When the husband and daughter at not home I do. I’ll pull up a YouTube playlist and let it go. I have a little of everything in the list… country, rock, 80s, heavy metal. It’s an eclectic mix, though lately it’s been really heavy on Bon Jovi. 

  6.  What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?
    I don’t usually get an entire day to write, I just steal away bits of time to do so. But a normal day involves getting up before the sun and going to work. When I get home, my daughter watches TV and I usually start writing. Then I make dinner, and then park my butt in my writing chair, where I’ll stay till about ten at night. Three nights a week my husband and daughter are in TaeKwonDo classes, so I have the house to myself for a few hours those nights, and that’s when the most work actually takes place.

  7. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
    Virtue of Death. It’s a fantastic introduction into the Earthbound Angels, and Cheryl. The events that take place at the end of Virtue have an effect on Cheryl throughout Promises. (Also, bonus, Virtue is on sale for the next week or so.)

  8. Are you doing any Author Signing Event this year?
    I am doing a few author signing events this year. Which amazes me, I’m such an introvert. But at the same time, it’s so nice to meet readers and other authors. I’ve met some of the most amazing authors at events.

    I’ll be at the RT convention in Atlanta from May 2-6. I’ll be raising all kinds of hell with my author friends throughout the convention, but you can pin me down for autographs and discussion at the book fair on May 6.

    On July 8, I’ll be at the Lexington Legendary Book Bash in Lexington, KY. October 6-8 I’ll be at the Imaginarium Convention in Louisville, KY. This event was a blast last year, and I can’t wait to kick it with the crazy Imaginarium crew again.

    I’m currently debating a couple other events, as well. You can always check out my website randiperrin.com to see the latest events I’m signed up for.

  9. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
    I just submitted a romantic comedy set in Australia to my publisher. So *fingers crossed* on that one. It’s a contemporary, but so much fun.

    I just sent the third Earthbound Angels book to beta, and hope to get that one submitted soon. So, hopefully I’ll have news regarding both of those in the coming months.

    I was also asked to take part in a charity anthology, so I need to get that short story written as well. It’ll be a Halloween-themed story, so that’ll be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment