Friday, February 3, 2017

Featured Author: Liz Bower

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Liz Bower!!




  Obsession by

Jo Waters finally has her life back on track. Since her boyfriend cheated on her romantic entanglements aren’t on her priority list. That doesn’t mean she can’t look. Right? Especially when it comes to her sexy new colleague Dan.
But when Dan becomes the scapegoat for something he isn’t responsible for, she ends up in a whole lot of trouble trying to defend him. When confronted by her boss about her uncharacteristic behaviour, Jo panics, and lies. Unfortunately, it's a lie that sets off an unstoppable chain of events including the need to find a man she can pass off as her boyfriend. And it is the most unlikely of men who her best friend offers as a solution—her brother, Marco. Which would be fine except Marco is annoying and far too full of himself, and has been the bane of her life since high school.
But when her life gets thrown off track again it turns out that Marco is the least of her problems. Someone is making violent threats towards those close to her. And to make matters worse Jo's boss thinks she is the obvious suspect.
As the threats become increasingly more disturbing and widespread, just how far will Jo have to go to protect the one she loves?



BuyLinks:





About Liz Bower:
Liz has lived in a lot of places including The Middle East and southern Spain. But her heart has always been in Lancashire where she is originally from in the UK. This picturesque county in the northwest of England is the inspiration for many of her books.
When not writing, Liz loves to curl up on the sofa with a cup of coffee and her Kindle. She also enjoys walking her dog (Barney) in the beautiful surrounding countryside.

Author links:





 
 
 
Interview With Liz Bower:
  1.  Can you tell us a little about your books?
    Obsession is a standalone romantic suspense book. Jo Waters has sworn off men, but that doesn’t mean she can’t look. The story starts out with a white lie Jo tells to keep herself out of trouble with her boss, but that lie sets off a chain of events that leads to those she cares about being threatened. Unfortunately for her, Jo seems like the obvious suspect. How far will she have to go to prove her innocence and protect the ones she loves?

  1.  How did you choose the genre you write in?
    As long as I can remember I've always read romance books or ones with a strong romantic subplot. I'm a sucker for a happy ever after. When I first started writing, I played around with other genres and even tried to write a family saga. Those books didn't work and are still sitting on a shelf gathering dust. It wasn't until I tried writing a romance that my writing seemed to click.

  1.  Do you have a favorite spot to write?
    Curled up in a comfy armchair in my office is my favourite spot to write. It looks over the front garden, and the view gives a great distraction when the writing isn't flowing.

  1.  Do you listen to music while you write?
    I don't listen to music while I write because it distracts me. If I'm writing a particularly emotional scene, sometimes I will play a song that reflects those emotions on repeat until I finish writing the scene.

  1.  What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?
    My usual writing day starts off by checking emails and social media. I like to start writing at 10 a.m. at the latest. I'm old school and write my first drafts by hand. I write in twenty-minute intervals. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'd get out of my chair all day. Armed with a cup of coffee I settle into my armchair and write until I've met my word count target for the day.

  1.  For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
    Obsession is the only book I have published, but I'll be releasing a new book later this year.

  1.   If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
    This is a hard question to answer! Perhaps the ability to live someone else's life for a day. It would be fascinating to see how other people experience the world and how different—or not—we are. Either that or talk to animals. I'd love to know what my dog is thinking when he does some of the weird things he gets up to.

  1.  What are writing projects are you currently working on?
    My current writing project is about a woman who moves back to her hometown in the Lake District after her Gran (the last of her family) dies. She moves back to open a pottery business but ends up finding people who become her new family.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment