Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Release Day Blitz for Reverb by Lisa Swallow



 


TITLE: REVERB
 
SERIES: BLUE PHOENIX, #5
 
AUTHOR: LISA SWALLOW
 
RELEASE DATE: OUT NOW!!
 
COVER ARTIST:  Najla Qamber at Najla Qamber Designs
 
IMAGE Stock Photo


PURCHASE LINKS:


BLURB:

Blue Phoenix drummer, Bryn Hughes, prefers a quiet life away from the spotlight. But that’s proving difficult when his life is complicated by three very different girls: 
Mia, the girl who doesn’t understand the word no. 

Avery, who wishes she’d said yes. 

And his forever girl

Add to this a secret that threatens to take decisions about the future out of Bryn’s hands, and Bryn’s reputation as the uncomplicated band member is over. 

The world of Blue Phoenix is changing and Bryn is on the edge. Following a failed attempt to win back the girl he loved and lost as a teen, a broken-hearted Bryn returns to England and discovers heiress, Mia Jordan, has moved herself into his apartment while he was away. Life just got hard. 

When Avery spills soup on a rock star at a wedding and suggests he removes his trousers, she doesn’t expect to see Bryn Hughes again unless he’s carrying a law suit. 
So when Bryn gatecrashes an evening with her friends the following day, what he does stuns her. 

Avery and Bryn begin an unlikely relationship but their growing closeness looks set to end. If Bryn’s heart still belongs to a different girl, and he’s about to tour with Blue Phoenix, a future together looks doubtful. 

But when a secret explodes, the effects reverberate through every aspect of Bryn’s world and deciding where his heart belongs becomes the least of Bryn’s problems.


EXCERPT:

“I can find plenty of girls to do whatever I want, but I want to do those things with you.” Bryn raises the eyebrow that accompanies any comment along these lines and my stomach tightens.
“Is that why you asked me out again, to see if I changed my mind?”
He sips his hot chocolate. “No. I mean yeah. Oh crap, stop confusing me.”
“Have you changed your mind, Bryn?”
“Nothing to change my mind about. I like you. I just warned you about me, that’s all.”
“And then kissed me.” I fix him with a steady gaze.
“You can tell a lot about how somebody feels if you kiss them.” Bryn returns my look and I refuse to back down even though my hormones go haywire at the promise held in his eyes.
“Was the kiss a test? 'How to tell if Avery likes me'?” I ask.
A smile slowly curves across his lips. “I'm already sure you like me, cariad.”
“Don't be so conceited!”
“Do you kiss every guy you meet like that? I’m shocked!”
“You kissed me!”
“And you kissed me back,” he says quietly. “Then you pinned me to the sofa. I was defenceless!”

I throw a chip at Bryn's head, hoping to diffuse the tension he's creating. “Stop it!”
Under the table, Bryn traps my leg between his, the strength of the muscled thigh holding me in place. “I want to keep seeing you while we're both in London, then we can see what happens at the end of the two weeks. What do you think?”
What do I think? Two weeks isn’t enough with a man who empties my head of everything but us when I’m with him, and who still runs red-hot through my blood when he’s not around. Each minute with Bryn is one closer to losing him again, each kiss sealing my fate. I’m in over my head, and I’m going to get hurt.
I spoon a melted marshmallow from my mug and slip it into my mouth. Bryn watches, eyes darkening before he reaches across and wipes chocolate from my lips. The sensation of his rough skin against my mouth vibrates the sexual tension into every nerve fibre and when he licks the chocolate from his finger, eyes focused on mine, the world drops away from everything but us.
There is no mistaking this man's intentions.
“I'm telling you right now, I will not have sex with you,” I blurt.
I sound like a broken record. Why do I have to keep telling him this? Because I’m telling myself at the same time?
He leans across the table. “Not even a little bit? I'll make sure you enjoy it.” His curls tickle my face and I shift back because his mouth is dangerously close to mine and I won't be able to keep my lips off him.
“Bryn! No! If that's why you want to see me, you're wasting your time.”
Bryn's expression smugly says 'I bet I'll change your mind'. With a few more kisses like the one earlier, I'm pretty sure he will.
“Okay, cariad.”
“Don't call me...” I huff. “Never mind. Can we talk about something else?”
Bryn looks around the restaurant as I force myself to keep eating, his natural ease around me not matched by the sick giddiness I slip into whenever I’m around him.
What is this we're doing? And more importantly, can I spend time with a man who I can't look at without remembering him semi-naked in a hotel room, and regret that I wasn't?
I don't know who's confusing me more, myself or Bryn. One thing is certain; I am not going home with this man tonight.


Review by Gia:

Reverb is a good.  It's  Bryn story.  Bryn is the drummer of Blue Phoenix.   If you have read the other books in the Blue Phoenix series, you know who Byrn is.   Byrn has been a mystery to me.   I was happy to be able to read what makes Byrn tick in Reverb. 

In the beginning of the story we see Byrn getting dumped by Hannah, the girl he thinks is his forever girl.  He heads home to find out that Mia has set herself up in his house.  I didn't like Mia and hoped that Byrn wouldn't end up with Mia. 

Then he meets Avery.  I loved Avery.  The way Byrn and Avery meet is really funny and one of the best meeting I have read.  A relationship between Avery and Bryn is not an easy one.   Hannah has some secrets that definitely cause problems.   I have to say I was surprised by Hannah's secret. 
There are definitely some twists I never saw coming in this book.   It's has both funny and serious parts. 
4 Amazeballs Stars!

BLUE PHOENIX SERIES LINKS:


SUMMER SKY #1
AMAZON I  iTUNES I B&N I KOBO
SUMMER STAR #1.5
AMAZON
 
FALLING SKY #2
AMAZON I iTUNES I B&N I KOBO
UNPLUGGED #3
AMAZON I iTUNES I B&N I KOBO
RISING #4
AMAZON I iTUNES I B&N I KOBO
REVERB #5
AMAZON I iTUNES I B&N I KOBO

 
 
AUTHOR INFORMATION: 
Lisa is an author of new adult romance and writes both paranormal and contemporary, including the best-selling Blue Phoenix series. 
Lisa is originally from the UK but moved to Australia in 2001 and now lives in Perth in Western Australia with her husband, three children and dog.

AUTHOR LINKS:

FACEBOOK ACCOUNT



TSU

 AMAZON

 FACEBOOK READERS GROUP
 (Lisa's Lounge)
  
(Sign up to my newsletter for a FREE and EXCLUSIVE serial –   
go on tour with Blue Phoenix and Ruby Riot!)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment