Monday, February 18, 2019

Valentines Countdown Blitz Day 11





J. L. Petersen lives in Denver with her husband. She finds inspiration in her adopted state of Colorado and her belief love is the most powerful positive emotion we can experience.











~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~
   



Logan, the eldest of the MacBride clan, is thrilled at his brother Clay's pending nuptials to Sandy. But when Sandy's sister RJ arrives at the family's ranch, Logan's world is turned upside down. 

However, the sisters' shared past has created scars and barriers against love testing Logan's ability to push aside his need and patience to win RJ's trust and ultimately her unwavering love.











Snippet:

RJ ached for her sister. Sandy was always the starry-eyed sister. But she was hurt by how Sandy could have been going through this and never saying one word to her. She had to know. “Why couldn’t you talk to me about this?”

“I’ve struggled with how I was going to answer that,” Sandy said, holding up her hand to forestall RJ interrupting her. “I know I should tell you the truth but I think my truth will hurt you. I never want to hurt you.”

“I’d be more hurt with lies,” RJ told her. She’d learned early to protect herself from the cruelties her family could dish out and instinctually threw up her emotional guards.

Sandy nodded. “Alright. I didn’t want you to ruin it for me. I know you wouldn’t see it that way but you’re so against love and marriage, I just didn’t want you to pop my bubble until I figured out what I felt and wanted.”

RJ felt those comments like a physical blow. No barriers she could erect stood a chance against her sister thinking she would ruin her chance for happiness. She couldn’t speak.

“Oh, RJ! Don’t cry. You never cry,” Sandy wailed when she saw the silent tears in her sister’s eyes. She started crying also as she grabbed her sister’s hands. “I’m so sorry. Please, please don’t cry.”

RJ slowly pulled her hands free from her sister’s grasp. “Why do you want me here, now?”

“Because I love you. I want you to share this with me. I know you want me happy. I just didn’t want logic and family history to interfere. I wanted to understand, on my own.

RJ couldn’t tell if she was breaking up inside or freezing up. Afraid she would break down in pain she stood. “Sandy, I can’t do this right now. Can I call you tomorrow morning?”

“I thought we were going to spend the night together?” Knowing she’d hurt her sister crushed her.

“Please. Tomorrow.”

“Okay,” she said standing, then wrapping her sister’s stiff body in a hug. “I love you.”

Nodding, RJ strode away before she lost it. She didn’t look back.




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our  Official Event Page 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment