Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Featured Author: Charity B.

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Charity B.!!
 

   The Sweet Treats Trilogy is my debut series and all three books are now on KU! Please keep in mind that while the covers are light and cute, this is a DARK romance that deals with difficult subjects and heavy issues. Each book gets increasingly darker and contain triggers for drug use, self-harm, abuse, and more so take the warnings on these books seriously. While these books do deal with sensitive subject matter, they also have plenty of light moments. They are not standalones and must be read in order.
           

Candy Coated Chaos (1) 

Alexander:

Being with Tavin is like eating those candies that start out sweet and then turn so sour, your eyes water. When she's happy, her radiance is stunning, but her glow is dimmed by her dark secrets. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her, sucking on that lollipop, that there was something unique about her. I was right in more ways than one, and while I don't know the extent of suffering that her life entails, I'll do whatever I need to, to convince her she can trust me. I just need to hang on to her long enough to do that.

Tavin:

When he wraps his arms around me, and his warmth makes me feel safe, it's easy to pretend that this is real. I knew going out with him was a bad idea, I just never imagined it would go this far. It was only supposed to be one night. One night to feel like a normal girl. I didn't plan for this and now, every day that passes puts us deeper in danger. All I can do is make the most of every moment with him, so when the time comes for this to end, then at least we'll be left with beautiful memories.

Trigger Warning: This novel contains drug use, explicit sexual content, violence, and sensitive subject matter which may be triggering for some readers. 




  


Sweetened Suffering (2)

 Tavin:

The problem with getting what you've always wanted, is the chance of losing it. Before I met Alexander, I was blissfully blind, unaware of what was possible. Now that I've seen the colors of his world, I don't know how to go back to the dreariness of mine. As much as I want to allow myself to dream of a life that I never knew was possible, the doubts still dig their claws into my mind and I fear the darkness of my past will destroy it all.

Alexander:

Not my wildest dreams or darkest nightmares could have prepared me for the intricacy that is Tavin Winters. As sweet and gentle as she is, the violence and torment that has been woven into every day of her past remains evident. He will pay for what he's done to her, and I will do my best to give her the serenity she deserves. However this plays out, I will always love her and I will always protect her...even if it's from herself.

Trigger Warning: This novel contains drug use, explicit sexual content, violence, child abuse, and sensitive subject matter that may be triggering for some readers. 



            Amazon:
            Goodreads: 
 




Cupcakes and Crooked Spoons (3)

-Tavin-
Ever since Toben told me to make my first birthday wish, I always wish for the same thing: for us to run away to a beautiful place where they won't ever find us or hurt us again. He's the only person in the world who loves me. I love him too. He's says we're the same, that we're halfpeople. He tries to protect me from the monster. The monster does't love us, but Toben says we don't need him to. Toben is all I need. He's the reason I keep waking up every morning, in this scary life, praying for the day my eyes stay closed.

-Toben-
Tavin is the most precious thing in my life. She gives me a purpose. I love her more than the air in my lungs, and it's because of her that I'm able to hang on to some semblance of who I once was. His sinister cruelty has taken its toll, causing something to change inside of me. She can't ever know the things I've done. The things he's made me do, and the things I've done because of my own darkening heart. She wouldn't understand that I did those things for her. Every breath I take, every soul I crush is for her. It's all for her.

***Trigger Warning: This novel contains drug use, explicit sexual content, violence, extreme child abuse, and sensitive subject matter which may be triggering to some readers.

 


            Amazon: 
            Goodreads:
 





            Anointed

Zebadiah
The last time I saw her, she was marked with blood.
Excommunicated. 
Now she’s returned, along with my temptation.
Our touch is blasphemous. 
Perverse. 
They say she’s tainted, but they will not speak against me. 
His holy blood is in my veins and my word is truth. 
I’m the fucking Prophet. 

Laurel Ann
For twelve years, I fought for my soul in this evil world.
Until my God sent him.
My oldest friend. The only boy I ever loved.
What we’re doing risks everything, yet we can’t stop. 
When I sin with him, it’s the purest I’ve ever felt.
I lived half my life with the Philistines and I know what they call us. 
Cult. Freaks. Fanatics.
But they’re wrong. We aren’t any of those things.
For we are the Anointed.

***This is a full length, standalone novel containing disturbing scenes and sensitive subject matter that may be triggering to some readers.


 

 
 
*Thou Shall Not: A Dark Ten Commandments Anthology (Rest In Peace)*
~Coming Summer 2019~

Anthology Blurb:
The devil whispered in our ears. We listened. We obeyed. We sinned.
Shall we repent? Or shall we take you down with us?
Thou shall not have any other gods before me.
Thou shall not make yourself a carved image.
Thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain.
Thou shall remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy.
Thou shall honor your mother and father.
Thou shall not murder.
Thou shall not commit adultery.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shall not covet your neighbor’s house.
 
*This is NOT a religious book. This is dark, depraved, and delicious and is intended for a mature audience 18+. The Ten Commandments as you've never seen them before...
 
Anthology Authors:
Yolanda Olson
Murphy Wallace
M.R. Leahy
Ally Vance
Charity B.
C.M. Radcliff
C.L. Matthews
Natalie Bennett
Katze Snow
Michelle Brown
 
Rest In Peace:
On the outside, we look normal, like an all-American, Christian family. But behind the walls of this church basement, we are far from it.
My mother says it’s her calling, my father says it’s our blessing, and my sister says it’s fun. I say we’re fucked.
I don’t know if what we’re doing is really what God wants us to do, I just know that the more we do it, the more natural it feels.
Natural.
What we’re doing and the reason behind it is far from natural.
In my family, love blends with hate, duty with torment, and blood with water.
We are the Courtenay Family, and this is the story about how it all went wrong.
 
Trigger Warning: This is not a romance. This book contains disturbing content, graphic situations, and many triggers.


 
 


*The Abnormals (Freakshow #1)*
The project coming after RIP is the Freakshow Duet. The first book, The Abnormals, is hopefully going to be out in between the summer and fall of 2019. There is not a lot to share about this one yet since it’s so early in the process, but I SO excited about it! It is set in an actual Freakshow with lots of human oddities so I am just having a blast with it! Here is a VERY unedited excerpt:
 
The Abnormals © Charity B. 2019
 
“Wh-what’s wrong with her?!” Charlotte shrieks in horror. “No! Get it away from me! It’s one of them! Get rid of it!” She crawls further up the couch to escape the infant in her husband’s arms.
 
“What am I supposed to do with her?” Kenneth whispers as he looks at his brand-new child.
 
Charlotte jumps off the couch, her umbilical cord and afterbirth dragging the ground. “I don’t care! We will be a laughing stock! We’ll be outcasts! Now get that evil thing out of here!”'
 
Shaking, Kenneth turns to his son. “Here, boy!”
 
Kendal scrambles down the stairs and runs to his father holding the red-smeared, crying baby.
 
“Get it out! Get it out!”
 
Her shrill screams set both Kenneth and Kendal on edge. The boy’s father hands him his sister. “Take a trash bag from the kitchen, put her in it and take her down to the river. The water’s frozen, so she shouldn’t suffer long.”
 
Kendal takes the slippery child. Everything about her is paler than snow. The wisps of hair across her head and eyelids are nearly translucent. Her skin is so white it makes his own skin seem so dark in comparison. The only color she has is the subtle pink tint around her lips, eyes, and fingernails. His mother was right. She’s one of them.
 
The Abnormals. The freaks.
 
*There are currently no links available*






 
About Charity B.:
            Charity B. lives in Wichita Kansas with her husband and ornery little boy. The Sweet Treats Trilogy was her debut series and she is preparing for her next release. She has always loved to read and write, but began her love affair with dark romance when she read C.J. Robert's The Dark Duet. She has a passion for the disturbing and sexy and wants nothing more than to give her readers the ultimate book hangover. In her spare time when she's not chasing her son, she enjoys reading, the occasional TV show binge, and is deeply inspired by music.

Social Media Links:
            


Interview With Charity B.:

  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
All my stories have dark themes and they all contain trigger warnings because of it. I also like to mix a lot of light and cute aspects into my writing to make a nice balance. I always joke that I write dark with glitter.

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
At this point I have four full-length novels available. My Sweet Treats series has three books and Anointed is a standalone.

  1. For someone who hasn't read any of you books yet, which one would you suggest they read first?
Personally, I would suggest Anointed, in part because it’s a standalone and also because it’s not quite as dark as my Sweet Treats Series.
 
  1. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I am a pantser 100%, but I do make outlines once I get started, just to keep track of timeline. I never outline a story before it’s written.
 
  1. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
I am a stay at home mom so I primarily write when my son is in school or sleeping, but I really so it whenever I get the chance. The stories are constantly on my mind. I do a lot of plotting when I’m not writing. 
 
  1. If you could be friends with one of your character, which one would you chose?
Toben from the Sweet Treats books for sure. He has a very special place in my heart and has made the biggest impact on me.
 
  1. If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?
Ooh I like this question! Probably Sookie Stackhouse from the Sookie Stackhouse novels. She got all sorts of supernatural lovin’. Plus she was a fairy.
 
  1. What  writing projects are you currently working on?
I just finished writing my story for the Thou Shall Not Anthology that I am lucky enough to be a part of and started the follow up book to that which is called Rot In Pieces. The story was inspired by the commandment Thou Shall Not Dishonor Thy Father and Thy Mother. It’s my darkest yet and I am so in love with it. I am also working on another story called The Abnormals which takes place in a Freak Show. I have been having a blast with both of these stories.
 
  1. How do you come up with your characters names?
Character names are pretty organic. It sounds weird, but a lot of times they name themselves. The characters in Anointed however were picked from biblical names. Sometimes nationality will come into play as well.

  1. Do you have a release day tradition?
Usually I have a few drinks and just spend the day online. I will have a release party in the evenings and more drinks. my husband usually takes care of all the ‘adulting’ on those days so I can focus on the release.


  1. If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose?
I feel like this is a cliché answer, but Disney World! I have wanted to go since I was very little and have never had the opportunity. I am Disney freak so it would be a dream come true for me.
 
  1. If you ever experience a case of writer’s block, how do you cure it?  
At this point, I’ve been lucky in that department, but I have gotten stuck on a scene where it just didn’t feel quite right. At that point I just move on to another scene. If an entire story ever stumped me, I might move on to something else until inspiration hits.
 
  1. What is your favorite movie?
This is very difficult because I have different favorites in different genres. I think my answer on this fluctuates between a few. The movie that stands out and impacted me more than any other film is American History X. That movie left me emotionally stunned the first time I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment