Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Featured Author: Phoebe Alexander

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Phoebe Alexander!!


The Playground

The Playground

by
As a teacher, I'm used to being on the playground. But I never thought I'd be the one swinging.

I'm also a wife and mother, struggling to maintain status quo. My sons just left for college and I suddenly realize how far apart my husband and I have grown... I feel like a damn cliché. Then the teacher down the hall with questionable morals introduces me to her friends. They’re all swingers.

What the WHAT?!

It’s all fun and games until your sex swing breaks. Haha, no really, so far it seems like all fun and games. It could be the answer to what’s missing in my life...or maybe I’m just not asking the right questions?






The Mountains Trilogy

by
***Warning: Adult Content*** This is NOT your stereotypical cookie-cutter erotic romance. The Mountains Trilogy not only makes readers tingle in certain unmentionable places but the story resonates with the heart and mind as well!

Book 1: Mountains Wanted
Dr. Sarah Lynde is an open-minded sexual adventurer. A sociology professor and single mother of two, she thinks she knows exactly what she wants, and it's not a relationship.That is, until she meets Army First Sergeant James McAllister, a handsome and intelligent ROTC instructor. Despite being from very different worlds, their connection is unlike anything she has ever experienced. Sarah knows she and James don't want the same things, but he's still a mountain she can't resist climbing. 







Book 2: Mountains Climbed
In Mountains Wanted, we met Dr. Sarah Lynde, a sociology professor and divorced mother of two, and Lt. James McAllister, a newly commissioned officer facing a deployment to Afghanistan. James and Sarah started off as friends with benefits but soon realized that their connection was too strong to deny deepening feelings for each other. In this sequel, both are pursuing other relationships and desperately trying to stay friends despite their intense past together, but eventually they must decide if their love is strong enough to climb the mountains that separate them. 








Book 3: Mountains Loved

In this final book of the Mountains Trilogy, Dr. Sarah Lynde and Lt. James McAllister are together at last. But it seems their mountain climbing days have only just begun as new obstacles rise up along
their path.

Sarah's daughter Abigail has gone off to college and faces her own mountains: figuring out who she is, what kind of life she wants to live, and with whom she wants to spend it.

Join Abigail, Sarah and James as they endure the valleys and climb to new heights on their quest for a happily ever after.



The Catch

The Catch

by  
 
Sassy, voluptuous Paisley Parker has always been a woman on a mission. First, it was to make a name for herself as a BBW burlesque dancer in New York, and now it's to become Manager Extraordinaire of The Factory, a members only lifestyle club in Ocean City, Maryland. When Cap and Leah Sheldon hand over the reins, Paisley's first task is to hire a web development company to create a new website for the club.

That's when she meets Calvin Mitchell, who is anything but the computer geek she imagined he would be. Tall, dark, and hotter than the beach on the 4th of July, he agrees to build her website, but he's bent on building something else, too: a serious relationship.

Paisley has sworn off relationships, preferring the ease and simplicity of lifestyle hookups. Plus, there's the age difference: she's 36, he's 26. But when Paisley's past comes back to haunt her, Calvin seems like the only port in the storm. When he devotes himself to helping her, she sees him in a completely new light, leading her to wonder...

Is Calvin the catch Paisley didn't even know she was fishing for?

***Intended for Mature Readers 18+*** This book is a standalone spinoff of Fisher of Men.






Fisher of Men

by
Leah Miller has come a long way from her ultra-religious upbringing in Wahoo, Nebraska. A graduate of Cornell, she's climbed the corporate ladder to the position of assistant general manager of The Pearl, a resort in Ocean City, Maryland. She dreams of falling in love again someday but isn't sure if her heart has healed from her last two rounds on the battlefield.

Working a private party at The Pearl, she meets party guest Captain Chris Sheldon, an Ocean City born and bred charter fisherman with a colorful past and even more colorful present. She's shocked when he tells her what kind of party it is, but she can't seem to get him out of her mind. Although there is definite chemistry between the two, their lifestyles and beliefs are at opposite ends of the spectrum. Is there any way Leah can reconcile Cap's lifestyle with her faith? Is there any way Cap can give up the lifestyle he loves for the woman who's stolen his heart?





About Phoebe Alexander:
Washington DC based author Phoebe Alexander experienced a second coming of age in her early thirties that ushered in a thirst for exploration, both intellectual and sexual. With encouragement from her partner and blog readers, she published her first novel on 12-12-12 and hasn't looked back.

Phoebe's novels feature compelling plots intertwined with passionate, fiery encounters. She believes that real, relatable characters can have even steamier sex than billionaires, rock stars, and the young and lithe-bodied. She also advocates for ethical non-monogamy and sex-positive attitudes through her writing.

Follow Phoebe on Twitter @EroticPhoebe, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/phoebealexanderauthor, or on Instagram @authorphoebealexander 

Newsletter signup: Bit.ly/PhoebeForm
Ask Me an Anonymous Question: Bit.ly/DearPhoebe
Goodreads: Bit.ly/PhoebeGR               


Interview With Phoebe Alexander:

Can you tell us a little about your books?

I write what I call sex positive, body positive erotic romance. Sex positive means my characters celebrate and embrace their sexuality. There is no slut shaming or virgin shaming in my books, and there are quite a few instances of characters having multiple partners. It's called ethical nonmonogamy and trust me when I say it leads to a lot of HOT situations! I like writing size-diverse characters who celebrate their sexuality at any size. My heroines range in size from a 10 up to a 22 and every size in between.


What inspires you to write?

Most of my inspiration comes from my life and things that have happened to me, relationships I've had and challenges I've faced. All the hot stuff in my books? The reason it seems so realistic is because I've tried it  ;) 


Do you have a favorite character to write about?

I have lots of favorite characters, so it's hard to pick one. Sarah, because she's like me. Journey, because she's funny as hell. Paisley, because she's so strong and brazen. Garrett, because he's covering up so much. James, because he's so much like my husband (personality-wise, not looks.)


Do you have a favorite spot to write?

Mostly on the loveseat in my living room, but I'm in the process of converting my son's room to an office. Sorry, kid, that's what happens when you go to college!


Do you listen to music while you write?

No, though my sons and husband play lots of video games and many of them have music. I have gotten used to writing during gunshot sounds and explosions. There is one game my husband played that involved sword fighting and I had to put the kibosh on that because of all the slicing/dicing/blood spurting sounds. Doesn't go well with writing sex scenes!

For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?

Ah, that's a hard question, depending on what they're looking for. If they want an epic saga, start with Mountains Wanted. For something lighter, The Playground.


If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?

I might choose Abigail from my Mountains Trilogy because she's so young and it would be nice to have a body in its twenties again for a little while. Or I'd pick one of the many hot guys: James, Garrett, Cap, John or Calvin. I'd love to experience sex as a man for once, especially one who is a fantastic in bed like the aforementioned guys!


Are you attending any Author Signing Event this year?

YES! ARC NOLA in New Orleans later this month, All About the Indies in Arlington VA in February, A Royal Affair in VA in May, #SaSS17 in Baltimore in July and Tempting and Tantalizing in NY in September!


What are writing projects are you currently working on?

I'm writing my next two books under my other pen name, K.L. Montgomery. They are romances, but not erotic. Then I'll write The Navigator, which is about Garrett Stone from the Mountains Trilogy, one of my favorite characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment