Thursday, January 5, 2017

Featured Author: Elaine Barris

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Elaine Barris!!


 

Master for Tonight (Book 1 in the Master for Tonight Duet)
by Elaine Barris
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Release Date: October 10, 2013

Blurb:

.99 on All E-book Platforms

While feeding in the slums of the city, he is interrupted by a woman. Mesmerized, he extracts his fangs from his meal and follows her home. Instantly obsessed, he watches her nightly. Nights turn to months. His desire for her becomes overwhelming. Though fearing the wrath of a vicious Maker who turned him against his will, Julian decides to give Kate the most erotic night of her life, and then walk away. But, things rarely go as planned….

Kate Collins is an average woman in her late-30’s, plagued by panic attacks. Sent home by her boss at the shelter, she prepares to have a night of relaxation… until her doorbell rings.

Julian Montfort is the most beautiful and masculine man she has ever seen. He exudes ‘maleness’ from his entire body—that certain quality some men have in their DNA that makes a woman recognize her femininity…her ‘womanness.’ That part of her that is soft, malleable, and made to accept him. Drawn to him despite his unconventional arrival, Kate must answer his question: “Can you allow yourself this indulgence? It’s just one night.”

Deeply sensual and erotic, Master For Tonight is a contemporary vampire romance which goes beyond the burning physical attraction between Julian and Kate, telling a tale of two people drawn together under incomprehensible circumstances, and their fight to be together against all odds.

Master For Tonight was an amazing love story. It is very well written and the story kept me entertained with love and hot passionate sex.” Amazon Reviewer

*Please note: Master for Tonight is Book 1 in the Master for Tonight Duet. It contains strong language, violence and detailed descriptions of intimacy.*


Excerpt 1:

He let go of her hands and cut her off, placing a finger over her lips as he rubbed her arm.
The only thing I want tonight is you. The only thing you need to know tonight is I’m going to have you...as I wish...for as long as I wish.” He rolled his head in a circle to stretch before looking directly back into her eyes, and added as an afterthought, “Hmm... Hurt you? Your arousal will likely hurt you excruciatingly until I allow your release.”

And as his sensual voice streaked through her, Kate’s mind shorted out like a tripped wire snapping, completely blank. Her whole body betrayed her yet again by flushing with unrestrainable heat.

Stay as you are, Kate.” He pushed the bunched-up nightgown at her waist, down to the floor to pool at her feet. Shivering hard, she moved her hands to cover her nakedness, dropping her head to her chest, avoiding his steady gaze. Grabbing her hands, he moved them back to her sides. He lifted her chin high to face him and said, “I told you to stay as you were, Kate. You will do good to listen to me.”

His fingers pressed into her hair, curling a bit of it around her ear as he leaned in to the side of her head. His voice lowered seductively until it was a purr in her ear. “I know how to please a woman to the point her voice is hoarse from her screams of desire, her bed linens soaked, and her legs quivering for hours after I’m done.” His lips scantly apart from her ear, his voice dropping lower, he continued, “In the matter of choices, I know which sounds best to me. Do you, beautiful girl? I’ll prove I was worth the trouble of opening your door. Can you allow yourself this indulgence? It’s just one night.”







Buy Links:

Amazon:

Smashwords:

Barnes and Noble:

iTunes:

KOBO:

Barnes and Noble:



Master For Tonight (Book 2 in the Master for Tonight Duet)
by Elaine Barris
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Release Date: September 3, 2014

Blurb:

After the abduction of his love, Kate Collins, Julian Montfort is desperate to have her back in his arms where she belongs and to destroy the monster responsible for her disappearance. With few leads, he enlists the help of his friend, ancient vampire and warrior, Reese Kelley.

With the demons of Evangeline’s past driving her to madness, she is determined to punish Kate for stealing Julian from her and to make him suffer for rejecting her, just as every man has done in her mortal and vampire lives. When supernatural forces collide with human emotions, who will survive?

Battling to endure this, her most harrowing ordeal since the night Julian’s Maker, Evangeline, nearly destroyed her, Kate must decide whether their love is worth the risk of fighting her captor or if she should give in in order to live.

As Kate contemplates that fateful night when Julian appeared on her porch, she must ask herself, “Was it worth opening my door?”


Excerpt 1:
“Hold your breasts in your hands. Raise them. Offer them to me.”
Hands trembling with barely contained desire, Kate cupped her breasts until their weight was settled in her palms. As she pushed them together, they rose, and her nipples appeared to steeple even more.
“Hold them there for me and don’t move.”
He rolled her nipples between his thumb and forefinger. Twisting them back and forth, left and right, the pressure from his firm fingers started to build, until he was handling them roughly. He squeezed the skin, pulling his hand back until her nipples popped out from between his fingers, and then back again. Kate continued to lift her breasts in offering to him, not thinking to stop. She wanted more of his assailing touch, not less.
Straining closer to his hands, arching her back, she pushed her breasts tighter together, her nipples so close to each other that her nerves reacted as one, shooting lightning from her breasts, straight into the walls deep inside her pussy. He skillfully tortured her peaks as whimpers of desire escaped her mouth.
With a growl at Kate’s mewling sounds, his mouth swooped down on hers, captured her lips, and took her sounds within his body. His jaw worked over hers, as he forced her mouth to open to give the access he demanded, and she granted. He raked the inside of her mouth with his hard and pointed tongue, as it danced and mated with hers, groaning at her submission.
He released her nipples and grabbed both sides of her head, devouring her mouth, wanting more of her, swiveling her head in the directions he wanted, willing her to give him everything. Desperate, she grabbed at him, her arms circling around his neck with one hand behind his head, and her fingers plunged deep into his hair, tugging him closer. More, she needed more.
Pulling away from her mouth, his lips millimeters from hers, he placed his hands at her jaw. Looking into her eyes, he sniffed in, his chest rising and falling heavily. “I can smell you, Kate.” He breathed into her panting mouth, “Feed yourself to me with your fingers.”
Even that little bit of his unrestrained passion had awakened her. The evidence slid down her thighs.







Buy Links:

Amazon:

KOBO:

Smashwords:

Barnes and Noble:




Evangeline, a Master For Tonight Companion
by Elaine Barris
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Release Date: September 14, 2015



Blurb:

“I know what you think of me. I know the names you’ve called me. Psycho. Insane. Demented. And worse... so much worse. But you don’t know me. You don’t know anything about me. All you know is what Julian told you. You don’t know the extent of my tragedies.” – Evangeline After being left to die in the rays of the morning light, Evangeline is rescued by her Maker. Troubled, and facing demons of his own, he demands that she reconcile her torrid history and justify his saving her. Angry and terrified, but not alone, she unfurls her secrets for the ultimate judgement. After centuries of anguish, what would you become? Would you be an angel? Does Evangeline deserve to burn?

Evangeline is a companion to the Master For Tonight duet. It can be read as a standalone, but it is not recommended, because throughout the book, references are made to scenes and characters from the Master For Tonight novels.

Excerpt 1:
Evangeline has been left to die in the sun by Julian, the lover she made for herself, and Reese, an ancient vampire. Her execution for the things she had done to Julian’s love, Kate.
Our Father.”
In horror, Evangeline watched the scene unfolding in front of her. Secured to the metal poles, she could do nothing to escape. Her pleas to be released fell on the deaf ears of the men who had placed her there. The door at her back scraped against her skin, which had been bared during her struggle to get away from Julian. His overwhelming strength had shocked her, as he handled her, subduing her easily, and shackled her in the chains that were burning into her opened skin. As she trembled, slivers broke off and pierced her flesh, starting a low, simmering burn, a harbinger of what was to come.
Who art in Heaven.”
Her voice shook, and her eyes fell to Julian, sitting on the ground at her feet. His face was blank, eyes hard and unforgiving, as he watched the tendrils of smoke rising from her body, while ignoring the same effect on his own. Cold tears poured from her eyes, as the realization she was going to die sank into her. The man she made immortal, bringing about her end.
Hallowed be Thy name.”
Her eyes rose to the horizon, as the pinpricks of daylight filtered through the trees of the small forest. A breeze blew, and the leaves and branches seemed to sway or bend to allow the bright yellow and white rays to reach her.
Thy kingdom come.”
With the sun continuing its ascent, they turned and ran away from her, as she cried, desperately begging for them to return, knowing it was in vain. Seeing the blazing light, as the soft warmth she hadn’t known in centuries passed onto her skin, she fought with all the strength she had, jerking and pulling at her restraints, as strands of her hair started to burn.
It was the end.
The final death was upon her.








Buy Links:

Amazon:
Barnes and Noble:

KOBO:





 Zane, Flames of Vampire Passion, Book One
by Elaine Barris
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Release Date: October 8, 2015

Blurb:

SET YOUR NIGHTS ABLAZE WITH THE FIRST BOOK IN THE FLAMES OF VAMPIRE PASSION SERIES

London Beckley (aka Lindy Beck):
“Human life is short. A flicker of time, and then it’s over. Live it while you can... with me.”

Those were the outrageous words Zane said to me the night I met him at the adult convention I attended to try to network and sell some books. I had left my husband to pursue my life on my own terms, rather than put up with one more word of insult. Once I arrived at the event, I was startled to find someone already at my table -- Zane -- claiming to be my assistant for the night.

Little did I know, my life was about to change drastically, with his entrance into it.

Zane took me from my colorless world and immersed me into his vibrancy. Soon, he was inside me in almost every way possible.

My conflicted mind.

My hidden walls protecting me.

My damaged heart.

Life had served me enough bitterness in the day. For some reason, it had decided to reflect its loving moonlight, and I wasn’t asking any questions.

Zane:

Forever is a long time. When you’re as old as I am, and you find the person you want to be with, you go for it and don’t look back.

I discovered London through reading her books and recognized my heart’s counterpart. The woman sets my dead blood on fire. To Hell with anyone or anything that gets in my way, whether it be a former love interest who dares to threaten her, or anyone else who tries to separate us.

Our passion is a flame that will not be extinguished.

Zane, Flames of Vampire Passion Series, Book One, contains steaming, wickedly hot scenes of vivid intimacy, laugh-out-loud humor, and depth of heartfelt connection and real emotion between Zane and London.


Excerpt 1:
Are you scared of me, now that you know what I am? Talk to me, London. Tell me what’s going on in your head.”
I was afraid of you way before that. What you are is an impossibility I’m still trying to wrap my mind around.”
You were scared of me?” He smoothed my hair away from my face. “Why?”
Zane….” I sighed, deciding to lay it all out. “First off, you’re an extremely handsome man. You’re beautiful. I’d lose myself in you. Lose my power. That was strike one. Then you came in and took everything over, even me. Strike two and three. I don’t know what to think about tonight. Any of it. I just need to go. Thank you for helping me.”
I’m glad you think I’m hot. And you’re right, I was a very good assistant. I did my job well. As for the other things you said, this isn’t baseball, baby. And I’m not letting you run the fucking game.”
He pressed my back against my car, as his head descended. My purse fell off my shoulder, to the ground, spilling its contents.
And then his lips were on mine. I expected the kiss to be hard, an overtaking of me, but it wasn’t. It was the softest awakening of my mouth, and I could do nothing but yield, when his tongue slid against my lips.
I opened to him, and all my thoughts and worries vanished, as he took control of me in the gentlest domination. My hands clutched his shirt, and the fabric crushed between my fingers. I returned the kiss, no longer able to fight the bewitchment of my attraction to him.




Buy Links:





Title: Zane, The Decrees, Flames of Vampire Passion, Book Two
Author: Elaine Barris
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Release Date: May 10, 2016

Blurb:

THIS FIRE CANNOT BE QUENCHED

London:
Considering how quickly Zane and I met and then wed, a lot of people thought our relationship wouldn’t last a month much less the five years we’ve been married. We’ve proved them all wrong. We’re still deeply in love with an intimate connection neither of us would ever let go.
Zane has been ordered to officiate The Decrees, an event that happens once every ten years. He will be holding court over vampires who have committed various wrongs, and judging them. I thought vampires had no laws, but learned there is a movement by some elders to create a way for vampires to stop killing each other over a disagreement
I’m not so sure if that’s an accurate description since the past events had been violent, and murderous things.
And, I got a call that my mother needs to move in with us for a while due to an injury. The Decrees plus my mother? I don’t know if we’ll survive it all.

Zane:
Everyone else saw me as a leader, a force not to be crossed, without suffering the consequences. But London… she saw who I was. She knew and loved the real me. I didn’t have to worry about showing my vulnerabilities to her.
There was only one weakness I had, her. London was everything to me. My entire world. My greatest fear was losing her.
That would happen over my dead body.

Zane, Flames of Vampire Passion Series, Book Two, contains steaming, wickedly hot scenes of vivid intimacy, laugh out loud humor and depth of heartfelt connection between Zane and London of real emotion.


This work is fiction and meant for an adult audience.
M/F, language, violence, second in the series, HEA, paranormal, vampires

Excerpt 1:

I couldn’t get the pictures out of my mind. Upstairs, I had been beating my head with my fists, trying to make them stop.
In a fucking unending procession, I saw them.
London, screaming for me to help her, as she cried, begging them to let us go.
Her face, as she told me she loved me, while silver streamed down over her body, burning her into nothing.
The dust of her remains on the floor.
When I went into the shower, I had been consumed by the vision. It was running on fucking repeat in my head. All I wanted was to be inside her, for us to be united, to feel her and know she wasn’t gone.
I tried to stop the vision from reaching her. I didn’t want her to fucking see it, the scene of her death, but it was too much, and I couldn’t hold it back. It leaked out and contaminated her, as it overwhelmed my mind with a finality I could no longer fight.
When I opened my eyes at the sharp crack to my face, London was crushed against me, and I was holding her like a fucking vice. She was looking at me in worry and fear, with tears in her eyes. We were in bed, and she had finished her dismissal of the whole thing and then had taken a sip from her bottle.
She set the drink on the nightstand and then slanted her gaze at me. Her eyes were hard, but her tone, soft.
Zane. You know I’m right.”
I did.
Still, the dream had shaken me, taken me to a place of fucking weakness I was ashamed I had shown her.
I nodded, not knowing what to say.
London scooted next to me, put her head on my shoulder, and took my hand in hers. I looked down at our clasped hands. Hers was so much smaller than mine. Her skin was flawless and delicate compared to mine, which was calloused, rough, and criss-crossed with a few battle scars. When I closed my fingers around her hand, I could only see the tips of her nails.
Even though it wasn’t real, that was still scary, Zane.”
She shivered, and my arm went around her, holding her to my chest. When I felt the quiver go through her body, rage skittered through my veins, replacing the icy shards of fear.
Protect.
Defend.
Kill.
Save.
At that moment, those were the words and images running in a loop in my mind. I’d be fucking damned if anyone was ever going to hurt her. She was right. They’d have to go through me first, and I’d love to see them try. I’ve never backed down from a fight and never would. Where she was concerned, they’d have to fucking kill me to take or hurt her.







Buy Links:





Zane, The Inferno, Flames of Vampire Passion, Book Three
by Elaine Barris
Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance

Add to Goodreads:  

Blurb:


The Flames of Vampire Passion Are Blazing Hot

London:
After The Decrees, I poured all my fears and anxieties about the entire ordeal into a novel. To my dismay, that book garnered more sales and accolades than any other I’d written. I decided to put my pen away, while I worked through my recovery.

After my sabbatical, I think I’m ready, and I want to return to my writing.

I’ll be honest. I’m nervous, but Zane’s sure I can pick it back up with no problems. I wish I had as much confidence in me as he does. He still loves me with the same fire and passion as the night we met, and I wouldn’t give him up for anything.

But if someone gets their way, I may not have a choice, because I’ve been placed on list of vampires to be killed! I have no idea who they are or why they want me dead! What did I ever do but write romance and love my husband? I’ve never hurt anyone except to try to save Zane during that horrific event years ago.

Zane’s determined to find whoever is behind this and eradicate them or anyone else attempting to end our love.

On top of all that, Chris, my ex, has partnered with my mother in trying to get us back together, which is bringing all my emotions over the way he treated me in the past to the surface.

Don’t I have enough to deal with already, without them trying to break up my marriage?

Zane:
London doesn’t have anything to worry about, as far as her writing. She’s talented, and she needs get back to what she loves most... other than me, of course. I’ve given her enough inspiration to fill at least a dozen books.

What concerns me is blatant violence at my very doorstep. I could not believe someone dared come to my home and attack my wife!

After The Decrees, there should be no question as to how I would deal with any potential or real threat. But either ignoring all that, or thinking they could best me in battle, they attempted to murder London right in front of me!

Was someone trying to take vengeance on me for a sentence I’d dealt during The Decrees? If so, why wait years to attack? Could someone in my inner circle of trusted friends have been the culprit?

If they thought I was going to consider the threat brought to my door as anything other than a declaration of war, they were mistaken.

I was determined to return the fight… and win!
Zane, Flames of Vampire Passion Series, Book Three, contains steaming, wickedly hot scenes of vivid intimacy, laugh out loud humor, and depth of heartfelt connection and real emotion between Zane and London.

This is a work of fiction and is meant for an adult audience.
M/F, language, violence, third in the series, HEA, paranormal, vampires






About Elaine Barris:

Elaine Barris is the author of erotic vampire romances. She loves anything and everything vampire or paranormal. When not working on her latest masterpiece, she sits in traffic on her way to or from work, thinking of stories, hanging out with her husband of over 20 years, when she’s not planted in front of her PC, and always spoiling her fur baby rotten.


Social Media Links:








Free e-signature:

Authorgraph:


 Interview with Elaine Barris:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
I'd love to! I write erotic, vampire romance with steamy, graphic scenes that still contain a great story line. My current books are my Master For Tonight duet (Master For Tonight, Master For Tonight II), the companion novel about the villain of the story, Evangeline. My latest series is the Flames of Vampire Passion Series that currently has two books published: Zane, and Zane, The Decrees. The third book in the series, Zane, The Inferno, Flames of Vampire Passion, Book Three will be published in early 2017.

2. What inspires you to write?
I've always been an avid reader, and wanted to write, but never really knew what I wanted to write about. I knew it would be PNR because I'm a PNR junkie. One day, the inspiration came, and I started writing Master For Tonight. It was the most fun and yet scary thing I've ever done!

3. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Not really! I write anywhere. My husband and I take a lot of road trips,and while he's driving, I'll be writing away in a notepad for as long as I can. At home, I'll be at my pc.

4. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have have nearby when writing?
No. Actually, I forget to eat and drink altogether.

5. Do you listen to music while you write?
Yes, I do! I listen to Alternative Music on Pondora, or a chill station. Some of my favorite scenes are tied to songs, and they are also featured in my Flames of Vampire Passion Series.

6. What is a usual writing day for you? How is it structured?
I don't have any structure at all. I don't outline. I don't plot. I just sit down and write when I can. I do spend a lot of time reading what I've already written and making sure that it is saying exactly what the characters have told me.

7. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which books do you suggest they start with?
That depends! If you like a more dominant and dark story, I would suggest Master For Tonight, Master For Tonight II and Evangeline. The first book is only .99, but you will need both books to finish Julian and Kate's story. I really do suggest to readers that they take a chance on Evangeline. She's the villain in the MFT books, but there's a reason why, and it really answers a lot of questions.

If a reader would rather have an all around fun, and sexy read, then Zane is your vamp! But, be forewarned, he's a got a mouth and he knows how to use it in a lot of ways.

8. If you were a super hero, what would your powers be?
There so many that sound good, but I think in actuality would be terrifying. Like mind reading... Sounds great, huh? But, I don't think I'd really like knowing what's in a lot of people's heads. lol... I guess I'd say being able to run really fast. That's a gift that London from the Flames of Vampire Passion Series has, and I've never been able to run well, so why not?

9. What writing projects are you currently working on?
I'm actually in between projects. The third book in the Flames of Vampire Passion Series - Zane, The Inferno - is in the last steps of editing, prior to going to beta read. I'm hoping to get started on his fourth book soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment