Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Featured Author: Kara Laine

 Welcome Today's Featured Author
Kara Laine!!


Rescue She
Blurb:

Some flames never die...
Weston is Olivia's high school crush, and she's spent sixteen years pining for a guy who she thought would never return her affections.
Olivia was the one girl who Weston tamped down his feelings for. He pushed her away, believing he wasn't worthy of her attention.
When they meet again under harrowing circumstances, Weston saves her. The embers are stoked back to life. Their passion is ignited and the fire finally burns bright. But will it all go up in smoke? Because She just may need to rescue him right back.




$2.99 for a limited time!

 

A Tryst of Fate Series  
(standalone stories)

Book 1 ($3.99 or Free in KU) 




Novella 1(FREE) 




Book 2 ($3.99 or Free in KU) 




Novella 2 (.99 cents or Free in KU)




Book 3: ($3.99 or Free in KU) 





Combat Boots and Candy Canes (Spiced Holiday Kisses Anthology)



(.99 cents or Free in KU) U.S.: https://amzn.to/2FyHdIw



About Kara Laine:



Kara Liane is a lover of all things romance. She writes steamy love stories that always deliver the heat, heart, and happy endings!
Kara holds several degrees, including a Master’s in Management from Wayland Baptist University. Her husband since 2002, proudly serves in the military. The family, which includes twin elementary-age sons and two adult dogs, resides in New Jersey.



Author Central: http://amzn.to/2xiS7vi
Web site: www.karaliane.com
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2j8lbjr
Facebook Reader Group: https://bit.ly/2zcrj2t



Interview With Kara Laine:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?

My book, Rescue She, which released today (1/22/19) is my seventh story. I have a five-book series entitled A Tryst of Fate  which consists of 3 novels and 2 novellas. Then I have a story called Combat Boots and Candy Canes that is a part of a group anthology that’s a limited-time release; all proceeds from this book go to American Cancer Society.
I write stories from the heart and add elements of heat, suspense, and little whimsical sprinklings throughout.
Two of my stories are military-themed and I value bringing tales about heroes to readers. My author project supports Veterans and I raise money and awareness for Dog T.A.G.S. Program.

2. What inspires you to write?


My family is my source of inspiration. A lot of characters are based on parts and pieces of myself as well as them. Writing these characters sometimes is as natural as breathing because they feel like they’re embedded in my life—they practically are.

3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

Seven stories total have been published, and I’m currently working on two stories.
My favorite book is probably A Force of Nature—Book 2. I based Brent’s personality off of my real-life Air Force hero hubby. This book is my heart and soul because it’s representative of what Veterans have to contend with. In 2017, this eBook became a Kindle Scout winner and I’m beyond honored to champion for our heroes.

4. If you could be friends with one of your characters, which one would you choose?

I would say Weston from Rescue She would be my bestie. He has such a vulnerable quality to him that is both equally appealing and heartbreaking. He may seem like a simplistic character on the surface, but underneath lies a complicated web that I just adore trying to unearth. He’s a hero through and through. I can’t wait to hear everyone’s take on him!

5. Do you have a release day tradition?

No traditions that I can think of. I just hope for the best on release day and think positive thoughts, and see where it takes me. I’m appreciative to everyone who helps make each book possible.

6. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?


My life involves a busy schedule. I volunteer as a Key Spouse at my husband’s squadron, in addition to keeping up with my twin boys. They’re almost nine years old and both have special needs; they keep me busy as well as entertained. I also work full-time as an environmental scientist, so I fit writing in wherever and whenever I can. My family always comes first, though. I’m just grateful I’m following my dreams.

7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?

My superpower would be to craft the story in my mind and magically the book would write itself and become a best-seller. Ha!

8. What writing projects are you currently working on?

I’m currently plotting two stories. One full-length standalone novel which I hope to release this spring/summer, and a novella in the fall that will be a part of another group anthology. Both will revolve around a military/hero theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment