Thursday, May 4, 2017

Featured Author: Saffron A. Kent

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Saffron A. Kent!!!
 


THE UREQUITED
Release date: Sometime in July 2017



Blurb:
Layla Robinson is not crazy. She is suffering from unrequited love. But it’s time to move on. No more stalking and no more obsessive calling. 
What she needs is a distraction. The blue-eyed guy she keeps seeing around the campus could be a great one. Only he is not a guy, he is a man. He is the new poetry professor – the married poetry professor.
 
Thomas Abrams is a typical artist – rude, arrogant and broody. But his glares and taunts don’t scare Layla. She might be bad at poetry but she is good at reading between the lines. Beneath his prickly façade, Thomas is lonely and Layla wants to know why. Obsessively.
 
Sometimes you do get what you want. Sometimes you end up in the storage room of a bar with your professor and you kiss him. Sometimes he kisses you back, like the world is ending and he will never get to kiss you again. He kisses you until you forget the years of unrequited love; you forget all the rules. And you dare to reach for something that is not yours.
NOTE: Please be aware that this book deals with sensitive topics like cheating and death. 18+ Only.




 A WAR LIKE OURS

Release date: 24TH Feb, 2017

Blurb:

A liar…

Three weeks ago, James Maxwell’s wife died in a car accident, but he hasn’t been able to tell his five-year old daughter the heartbreaking truth behind her mother's death. Instead, he packs them up and leaves for a summer resort in upstate New York to spend a few peaceful weeks and to gradually break the news. But a spirited and outspoken maid at the resort has figured out his secret.
A hater…

After witnessing her mother’s violent death at the hands of her stepfather, Madison Smith has turned aimless and bitter toward the world—men, in particular. Her dead-end job at the local resort and her convenient girlfriend barely keep Madison from falling apart. When she meets James, however, she’s driven to protect his child from the darkness she sees inside him.
A forbidden kiss…

But Madison doesn’t expect to find that very darkness irresistible. Drowning in guilt and memories, neither does James expect to be drawn to the sharp-witted woman who has made his life miserable. When their tempers flare, a brutal kiss triggers a need that blurs the lines of hate and desire. As their lust spins out of control, they must decide if their attraction is worth fighting for or if love is the real enemy.
Author's Note: This book is intended for mature audience. It has trigger elements: Abuse, self harm, death. 18+ ONLY. Despite having an HEA, this story doesn't follow the usual or conventional rules. It's rough, edgy and yes, difficult to read in places. The characters are broken and jagged and so is their descent in love. Please proceed with caution. Thank you!









Buy Links:









 About Saffron A Kent:
Romance Writer and Reader. Coffee Addict. White Russian Drinker. Imaginary Ballet Dancer and poetess. Aspiring Lana Del Ray of the book world.

I'm a big believer in love (obviously). I believe in happily ever after, the butterflies and the tingling. But I also believe in edgy, rough and gutsy kind of love. I believe in pushing the boundaries, darker (sometimes morally ambiguous) emotions and imperfections.

The kind of love I write about is flawed just like my characters. And I hope by the end of it, you'll come to root for them just as much as me. Because love, no matter where it comes from, is always pure and beautiful. 
If you ever get a hankering to talk about books or love, you can find me here:

Website: www.saffronkent.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/SaffronAKent/
Sexy Saffronites (FB Reader's Group):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1467527796605473/
Newsletter: http://www.saffronkent.com/#BeASaffronite
Amazon: amazon.com/author/saffronkent


Interview With Saffron A Kent :

  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
S: Hey guys! Well, my books usually deal with gritty kind of love. I am very interested in exploring different facets of love, and not just the pretty ones. I think love is love and it comes from all sorts of places. Not everything is meet cute so that’s what I try to do with stories. My debut was about these messed up people who find love despite their many faults. And the project I’m working on right now, is about this forbidden affair between a married professor and his student.
  1.  When did you know you wanted to write a book?
S: I’ve always been a reader but never thought I could write an entire novel. But then I was unhappy at my job and didn’t know where I was going in life so I guess, I took a chance. I started this online writing course and loved it right away. Then, I went back to school to study writing and I’ve been writing ever since.
  1. If A War Like Ours was made into a movie, who do you picture playing James and Madison?
S: Okay. That’s a super hard question. Ha! I guess, Madison would be played by Evangeline Lilly. I loved her in LOST. And for James, I really want Jamie Dornan (obviously). He does the role of a weird but endearing psycho so nicely. Not that James is a psycho but he is kind of close. Lol.
  1.  Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
S: Not really. No. I always have water around. Sometimes diet coke. 
  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
S: My bed. Hands down the best spot. Then I have this armchair. It’s super comfortable and I love it.
  1.  What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?
S: I get up really early in the morning, like, at 5AM. Make a large pot of coffee and write until lunch time. That’s when I am most productive.
  1. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? 
S: Is there a power you don’t give a fuck about anything? I’d love to have that power.
  1. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
S: I recently got back my next book, THE UNREQUITED back from my awesome editor. I’m planning a summer release for it. And then, I’m working on this series about a married couple, which I’m hoping to release early next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment