Friday, April 7, 2017

Featured Author: JL Long



Welcome Today's Featured Author
JL Long!!



A Dance Worth Dancing Final Cover .jpg
A Dance Worth Dancing (Tactical Men Book One)

Blurb-
Love is a strange thing. It can heal, it can hurt and it can be astonishing. For Rori and Colt, it's a mixture of all of these things.

Rori is a single mom who is looking for love in all the wrong places. Until one fateful night her hero comes to her without her even knowing it. She has too much at stake to risk a dance on the wild side.

Colt isn’t the type to settle down. He’s been there, done that and was left high and dry. Colt’s just surviving by throwing himself into his work on SWAT and living the simple bachelor life with his dog Tank. Or at least it was simple, before Colt’s greatest demons come crawling to the surface.

Can they pull through when it seems like the universe is doing everything in its power to pull them apart? Can love really conquer all? 






14079484_893449210798986_7044320404435177130_n.jpg
The Sacred Truth (Tactical Men Book Two)

Blurb-
The only failures in life are the mistakes you don’t learn from.

It was only supposed to be casual. Then I fell for her. Falling head first in love, only to have fear rip it out from underneath me. I severed us with my destructive words. Correcting all the mistakes I’ve made is what I have to do, I just don’t know how.

She does. She always knows what to do.

However, fate has a way of deciding things like this for us, doesn’t it?

This is part of the Tactical Men Series. It can be read as a standalone, though we meet Nolan and Jenna in A Dance Worth Dancing.









Copperfield_Lane_Final_Ebook_Cover .jpg
Copperfield Lane (Copperfield Lane Novella Series #1)
Cover Designer: Kovers by Kari



Blurb-
Soulmate.
    A noun that describes two people that are connected to each other in ways only our souls understand. You can feel it in your heart, the way the strings tighten whenever that person is around. The way you are happier, at your best when they are near. Whether this be a friend or a lover, there is a soulmate for everyone in this extraordinary world.
    I found the love of my life on Copperfield Lane. He is my best friend. He is my lover. He is my soulmate.
    The flames are burning within us but the hold we have on each other is going up in smoke.
    What happens after you get your happily ever after? Does love strengthen or does it smolder to ash?








author_banner.jpg

JL grew up in a small town in Illinois. Not to be mistaken for Chicago. She currently resides in Southern Kentucky with her husband, three children and their fur-baby, Buster Malone. She has lived an adventurous life…doing just that, living. Dream it. Do it. Live it. JL is a hopeless romantic, who loves seeing love unwind before her eyes. When she can’t see that for herself with other people in real life, she writes it or reads it. Writing has been a part of her life since she was a little girl, along with being an avid reader. She will continue to write until the pen will not allow it anymore.


Author Links

Facebook Link: http://on.fb.me/1QBq13o
Author Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/jllong
Amazon Author Page Link: http://amzn.to/1Y334vQ
Author Group Link - http://bit.ly/2gvoB13
Website Link: http://www.jllong.net/

Interview With JL Long:
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
My books are uniquely different in their own ways. A Dance Worth Dancing deals with aspects of Veterans with PTSD and love. A whole lotta beautiful, messy love. The Sacred Truth is about second chances. These two are part of my Tactical Men series. All my men in these books are SWAT officers and retired military. In Copperfield Lane, which is a completely different series, we met Selena and Lawson. Without giving anything away, it's about the highs and lows of getting your happily ever after. 
 
2. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I've always like to write. Whether it was doodling on paper or writing stories, I cannot remember a time when I didn't do this. About five years ago, I began taking it more seriously and decided to self publish. 
 
3. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing? 
 Dr. Pepper to drink and everything in my pantry. Lol! I'm snack so much when I write.
 
4. Do you have a favorite spot to write?  
My living room. 
 
5. What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured? 
 I typically writing in the evenings. I try to get a few hours of writing time in in the afternoons but that doesn't always work out. Kids! Lol! 
 
6. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
 A Dance Worth Dancing or Copperfield Lane. These are the first in two different series.
 
7. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? 
Telekinesis   
 
8 What are writing projects are you currently working on?  
secret-ish anthology piece...it is called the Peace Series. This is actually a spectacular idea put on by SH Pratt. 24 authors writing novella stories that revolve around Peace, Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment