Sunday, April 23, 2017

Featured Author: Sharon Stevenson

Welcome Today's Featured Author
 Sharon Stevenson!!


Book Links:


About Sharon Stevenson:
Sharon Stevenson lives in Scotland with her husband. She spends her spare time creating entertaining fantasy worlds full of strange creatures and unconventional characters. The Amazon bestselling Gallows series follows twin demon trackers Shaun and Sarah Gallows through fictional Scottish towns as they come up against various supernatural threats, while their biggest problems are caused by their own personal demons. The Raised series is a magical take on zombies, set in Edinburgh and Las Vegas, and following the after death adventures of twenty-three-year-old Pete and his friends.
Want to keep up to date with Sharon’s latest releases, receive three exclusive short stories, and find out about subscriber only offers and giveaways?
Just sign up here:

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:


Interview With Sharon Stevenson:
 
1.    Can you tell us a little about your books?
I basically write entertaining urban fantasy novels that are slightly unconventional. I usually get comments in reviews about how different my books are so if you’re looking for a new read with a unique take on things and you like supernatural creatures and a fast-paced plot, definitely check them out.
They’re all set in Scotland because that’s where I live, but my demon tracking series and new paranormal mystery series are set in fictional towns, whereas my magical zombie adventure series is set in Edinburgh with trips into Las Vegas. All three series contain vampires in one form or another, though the vampires in Raised are probably the weirdest you’ll encounter in the genre! 

2.    When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I’ve been making stuff up and writing it down since I was about five years old, so it never really felt like a conscious thing when I started writing short stories and then novels. I first decided to write something with the intention to publish several years ago, and my debut novel Blood Bound was what came out of that effort.

3.    Do you have a favorite character to write about?
I honestly don’t, but for the purpose of giving an answer I will call Sarah and Dev from the Gallows series my favourites right at this moment, because I’ve been polishing the seventh book up and they’re the main characters. Heaven & Hell comes out in June and there’s at least one big surprise in store for fans of the series!

4.    Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Lately I’m partial to sugary drinks while writing. 

5.    Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I have a little writing nook with a desk now, but I still like to use my laptop in other rooms so I have a few favourite spots. I just really need a room I can be alone in to be able to concentrate.

6.    What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?
When I get in the zone I can write for hours on end and can forget to eat. Sometimes I use my laptop without the cable so that I have to take a break after a few hours to charge it up again. 

7.    For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
Probably Blood Bound. It’s the most popular of the books I’ve released, it’s the first book in a bestselling series on Amazon and it’s widely available across the big vendors. I’ve had comparisons drawn to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Supernatural on this book. It’s a coming of age story about a brother and sister demon tracking team whose personal demons cause them more problems than the monsters they hunt down. It has a sense of humour, plenty of action, a touch of romance, a fast-pace and lots of twists and turns.

8.    If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
I would like to have a combination of super-strength and mind-reading abilities, I think. I have characters with those powers but not both at once. I think having both would make it pretty easy to defeat any enemy, but in real life that would be awesome. 

9.    What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I am about to polish the follow up to my latest release, Amnesia Bites, which will clear up parts of the mystery that began in that first book about a reclusive amnesiac living in a town full of necromancers. I will be getting back to book eight in the Gallows series, Reality Ruptured, soon after that.
I’m also working on completing a story that will be exclusive to the forthcoming Venom & Vampires limited edition box set, entitled Awaken. It’s a bit steamier than anything I’ve written before as it’s a paranormal romance, and it’s set in the vampire brothel that features in my Gallows series.
One day I might even write something that doesn’t contain vampires, who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment