Thursday, October 20, 2016

Featured Author: H.C. Bentley



Welcome Today's Featured Author 
H.C. Bentley!!


Her Last Love blurb
She left for the military thinking she would have it all. The career, the man she loved, a family of her own. Then her fiancé issued an ultimatum: come home and marry him, or lose him forever.

Eight years later, Lieutenant Lynn Johnston returns to her small Kentucky hometown with a secret to keep and a desire to find peace. Her planned lifelong career had been cut short by events beyond her control. Now, she hoped that she could forge a new path, one that would heal her heart and help to put her past behind her. Those hopes are dashed when she discovers Carter Mathis, her former fiancé, has also returned and is raising his two young sons.

Lynn must decide if she can deal with not only the old hurt feelings from the past -- and Carter’s soon-to-be ex who has a vendetta against Lynn-- to give Carter a second chance. A deadly collapse at the coal mines where Carter works, an accident that rocks the town, could possibly take the choice out of her hands. Does she confront her feelings and move forward, or leave the life she's always wanted behind?





Amazon (paperback and Kindle): http://amzn.to/2cOYoVy





When Love Comes Home
The summer before she left for college, Kari Nelson had the world in the palm of her hand. She was on her way out of her small hometown and out from under the thumbs of her controlling parents. But more importantly, she was in love for the first time.
That summer would change her life forever.
Years after returning home unexpectedly, Kari is no longer a naive and hopeful teenager. She’s a grown woman who has been married and divorced, and is now a single mother who balances running a respectable business while also raising her daughter. The daughter Marc Eaddens, the boy she'd loved all those summers ago, didn't know he had.
That boy is now a man who's returned to town to take over the family business from his ailing father. Sparks fly and tensions rise when he discovers the truth about the girl in Kari's life. Will he forgive Kari for keeping her secret – and his daughter – to herself? And can the two of them come together for their child...and themselves?





Goodreads 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31578370-when-love-comes-home
When Love Comes Home Release Party (Nov 6 & 7):


AUTHOR H.C. Bentley
H.C. Bentley’s life is filled with books -- she is not only a writer and an avid reader, but she is also surrounded by books in her job at her local library. She is currently working on her next novel, and resides in Kentucky with her husband and two daughters.


Subscribe to newsletter: http://bit.ly/2b1orft


Interview with H.C. Bentley:

Can you tell us a little about your books?
Small Town Hearts is a trilogy, though I didn't intend to start out that way. It's series of stories based on three friends, with the theme of second chances in love. I've loved exploring their lives and their friendship. It will be hard to move on from them when the time comes.

When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I had toyed with the idea for years. I’d get an idea and start writing, but there was always something else going on…first it was the military, then I had my kids. Now that they are older, I’m finally at a point where I feel I can take a little time for me, and writing, so I just jumped in and went with it.

How did you choose the genre you write in? 
I mainly read contemporary romance. I do branch out every once in a while with some biographies and mysteries, but I always come back to romance. I enjoy the relationships, the interactions, and of course, the HEA! So I knew when it came time to write a book, it had to be romance.

What is a usual writing day like for you, how is it structured?
I try to set aside at least an hour at night after the kids have gone to bed. Sometimes I go longer than that, and there are nights where I don't write at all. It just depends on what I have going on, how strong the urge to write is, etc. I've also been known to write during my lunch breaks at work. I've learned to write where and when I can.

Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I rarely, if ever, sit at a desk to write. My best writing marathons have happened with me propped up on a mountain of pillows on my bed with my laptop and listening to my rain maker app. It simulates rain and storms on my phone, and I almost always have it playing in the background when I write. It helps me focus.

Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing? 
Sweet tea! What can I say, I’m a southern girl! ;)
If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
Writing with my mind….I could get so many books written if I could write telepathically!

What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m focused on the release of book 2 of the trilogy, When Love Comes Home, at the moment (I invite everyone to join me for the release party on my Facebook page!). Then I’ll be getting started on the final book of the trilogy, and I have a book in planning for after that book is done. It will be a stand-alone...I'm looking forward to being able to being open to new ideas without being tied down to a specific series. And this one is going to be a bit different for me...it's going to have blackmail, mystery, and of course, romance. But it will also involve a lot of research and getting the details just right. I'm really excited to get going with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment