Sunday, October 4, 2020

Featured Author: Hope Irving

 Welcome Today's Featured Author Hope Irving!!!

 


().•*´¨`*••(Omega Artist (A Cocky Hero Club novel) ()••*´¨`*•.()•

I lured and tricked Tig into a random hookup on social media.
He has no clue he’s anything but random to me.
He has no clue we’ll play by my rules.
He has no clue I’ll seduce him, then dump him because he deserves it.
 
I refuse to allow manwhores like Tig de Luca to be praised and called Don Juan for collecting women, while I’m labeled as easy for test-driving the countless suitors selected by my old-fashioned father.
I am a woman-empowering French influencer, and I’ll teach the once famous tattoo artist a lesson. It’s risk-free after all; I’m not into cocky alphas and crave a genuine connection.
 
I didn’t expect the game to quickly escalate into steamy, intriguing, and witty conversations.
I didn’t expect our undeniable virtual chemistry to transfer to real life.
I didn’t expect to unearth the real man beneath the surface and guarded attitude. A widower who erected barriers to protect his wounded heart. A lonely thirty-something who’s not the monster I believed him to be. An omega artist who’s not my type, but that I share some unlikely affinities with.
Still, we both want something casual that doesn’t require a label. I can’t let our infuriating attraction and astonishing compatibility overrule common sense. I’m on a mission after all.
All good things must come to an end, right?
Except our ending was one I didn't see coming.
 
Omega Artist is an opposites attract/enemies to lovers romance inspired by Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward’s blockbuster series, Cocky Bastard. Each book can be read as a standalone.
Available on Amazon and Audible. FREE on KU.

 



 





 


().•*´¨`*••(The Black Angel Book Legend series ()••*´¨`*•.()•

 For centuries, our souls have tumbled through time, searching for each other and a second chance at our love story. I thought that finding my soulmate would be the hard part, but convincing her modern-day counterpart of our past and the danger she’s in will be the greatest challenge of my many lifetimes.

Opposites Attract

Star-Crossed Lovers

Tattooed Calligrapher

Heartbroken Witch

Ancient Spells

Supernatural Secrets

The Black Angel Book Legend, Volumes 1, 2 and 3 are now available and the rest of the series will follow shortly! FREE in KU.

 

Volume 1 99c for a limited time
✣Volume 3 #newrelease

PreOrder Volume 4 today: https://amzn.to/3ipEqkR




 

 

 

About Hope:
Hope Irving lives in Paris, France, with her supportive husband and creative teenage daughter. The French indie author spent a couple of years in Texas, where she earned her MBA. With many friends, relatives, and readers in the States, the US has a big place in her heart. Although French is her mother tongue, she chose to write her novels in English because it simply feels right for her characters.
Hope's suspenseful and complex love stories are modern fairytales that feature an unconventional Prince Charming and a headstrong heroine. A natural introvert, she enjoys tormenting her flawed characters with a hint of darkness and sometimes magical elements. Still, her heart melts when love conquers all.
Her work has been described as "genre-defying," "refreshingly unique," and "an intriguing rollercoaster read."
Learn more about Hope's life in Paris, her love of multi-layered, swoon-worthy heroes that don't play by the rules, and her book-loving world on her website. To keep up with all the latest, follow Hope on social media or join Hope's mailing list for exclusive book information and great deals.

You can find Hope here: https://linktr.ee/hi_author 

 



Interview With Hope:

  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?

I write edgy, entangled tales… with a French flare.

The Black Angel Book Legend series is mostly a paranormal/urban fantasy romance with a darker edge and quite a bit of suspense. This continuous story is about an infamous book that holds potent secrets and eventually became an urban legend. It’s linked to ancient bewitched souls that yearn to be reunited, regardless of what it takes.

Also, I took my first shot at contemporary romance as one of the participating authors in Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward’s new Cocky Hero Club World! These books are written by various authors, and each story is a standalone, inspired by one of the original books in their blockbuster series, Cocky Bastard.
Since I’m slightly obsessed with tattooed men, i
t was natural to pick a tattoo artist as the protagonist in my own Cocky Hero book, entitled Omega Artist.

My goal is to bring multi-layered characters to readers, whether I’m writing paranormal or contemporary. Characters who have weaknesses and flaws. Characters who have been said to be relatable, despite the paranormal elements in the series. Characters who fight for what they think is right. That’s probably why none of them are as they appear when you first meet them. My books have been described as deeply emotional, genre-defying, and a bit angsty… with all the feels! I hope you’ll enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them.

  1. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I’ve written nine books so far.
My paranormal/UF series is a continuous love story of 8 volumes; 3 are already available and the 4
th will release on October 13th. The rest will follow shortly after, and the series will be complete before the end of 2020. I enjoy paranormal when it’s set in a realistic environment. That must be why I love vampires so much, although there are none in my series. The paranormal elements are sprinkled in the first book and pick up as you read along, eventually playing a larger role in the story.

It’s the first story that I wrote because I wanted to read it! Since the first few books were published a few years ago, the series has undergone a makeover with added content, such as a third POV, and also a fresh edit. I love the new version and I hope that readers will, too, now that they can read the finale. It’s impossible for me to choose a favorite book because my series is a continuous story that has to be read in order, and so much happens between the first book and the last one.
Like I mentioned previously, Omega Artist is my first attempt at contemporary romance, and I loved it so much that I can already tell you that it won’t be the last. Different genres have different rules and I enjoy stretching my writing muscles.

I don’t have a preference between books and genre. It’s like picking a favorite child. No can do. But I’m interested in which one you prefer.


  1. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

I reserve some time each evening for reading, which helps to build my craft. As for writing, I learned to make time for it since I still have a day job that pays the bills. I write whenever at home, in Paris, France, where I live with my family... Did I mention that I am French? No wonder the addition of a French flare is irresistible to me!

I usually write long hours during the weekend because I’m a painfully slow writer and that’s when I have the most time. I use my laptop on the dining room table, unless I’m on a plane or train. The only requirement is music blasting through my noise-cancelling headphones. That’s the one efficient way I’ve found to create “my bubble” and set the mood for the chapter I’m writing. Music is vital to my writing routine. Certain songs or artists, such as Chris Cornell, go on repeat. I discovered his beautiful voice and awesome music when I was living in the US to study for an MBA. Don’t be surprised to see his name in my books.
Depending on whose POV I’m writing and the mood of the character, I pick from an eclectic playlist. That’s also why I choose songs as chapter titles.

  1. How do you come up with your character’s names?

For now, my French flare translates as adding French-American main female characters. So, their names have to be easy to pronounce or to shorten; Rose in the Black Angel Book Legend, and Alie in Omega Artist. (She uses a nickname for her online persona, Alie G. It stands for Aliénor.)
I have a wide group of side characters, especially in my paranormal/UF series, so I had to research baby names that were popular in specific decades.
Rose’s counterpart is Virgil, a name that had to be as peculiar as he is and also refers to Dante’s Inferno, which is mentioned in my series.
As for Tig from Omega Artist, he’s a secondary character in Keeland and Ward’s original story, Stuck-Up Suit, so I had to work with that… and decided to add my own explanation for it in the story. You’ll just have to read it to find out. Good thing it goes live today, right?


  1. If you could be friends with one of your characters, which one would you choose?

I’d love to be friends with my two main male characters: Virgil Blake, from the Black Angel Book Legend series, and Tig de Luca, from Omega Artist. Not only because they both have tattoos for very different reasons. I actually think that it’d be fun for them to meet each other.
Virgil is larger than life and certainly not your typical romance novel character. He’s flawed in more ways than not and awkwardly sexy. Also, Virgil is committed and noble, desperate to do the right thing… until he wants more. Throughout the series, Virgil evolves, and we witness his inner struggle and share his determination.
Virgil Blake has that in common with Tig de Luca. Although Tig experiences bottomless grief early in the story, he learns to cope with his emotions in his own twisted way. His body is a work of art and he’s got a bad boy vibe going, but there’s so much more to this broken man. Spending time with these two would be so much fun. And I could also teach them some French to surprise their women.


  1. Do you have a release day tradition?

Not sure that eating sashimi after drinking bourbon with my hubby and daughter qualifies (no bourbon for her!) as a tradition. Does it?


  1. If you had a superpower, what would it be?

A few years ago, I probably would have told you that reading minds was pretty cool. However, Rose Perry, my main female character in the Black Angel Book Legend has that ability at one point in the story. It reveals some truths that she’s not thrilled about, and it leads to heavy consequences. So, maybe not… Let’s say that time travel would be the superpower at the top of my list. Meet with great authors, singers, and relatives who are no longer with us. Make my day job go faster. Figure out when we won’t have to wear masks because COVID-19 will be resolved.


  1. What writing projects are you currently working on?

The 8 volumes in the Black Angel Book Legend series are ready and will be released by the end of 2020, so I’m working on spreading the word right now, which is also part of an indie author’s life. As for new writing, I have two different projects that are based on secondary male characters in my paranormal/urban fantasy series: the infamous cocky calligrapher, Nathan Price, and the laid-back Judd Perry, whose relationships are based on attraction and chemistry rather than gender.
On top of that, I have a secret project with another contemporary romance since I loved Omega Artist so much. Time will tell which one will be completed first. It’ll all depend on what my characters decide, but you’ll be hearing from them soon.
Happy reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment