Thursday, December 21, 2017

Featured Author: Kristin Vayden

Welcome Today's Featured Author
 Kristin Vayden!!


Heart of a Cowboy (Elk Heights Ranch) 


A stubborn cowboy has sworn never to forgive or forget—but one special woman may find a way to change his mind . . .  
Hospice nurse Laken Garlington helps people face the end with peace and dignity, surrounded by their loved ones. But the son of her new patient didn’t come home to reunite with his dad. So why is Cyler Myer back in horse country? It’s clear the sexy, six-three hunk with the steely eyes has a score to settle, and Laken doesn’t plan on being collateral damage . . . no matter how irresistible she finds the prodigal cowboy.
 
Dying is too good for the father Cyler will never forgive—not in this lifetime.
Showing up at his family’s Washington State ranch is the first step in his plan. But revenge takes a back seat to desire when Cyler meets a bossy beauty who arouses feelings he isn’t ready to face. As they work together to save an ailing mare, Cyler realizes he must decide where his true destiny lies. With
darkness . . . or with the woman who offers the promise of redemption with every kiss. 
 








 


About Kristin Vayden:
Kristin's inspiration for the romance she writes comes from her tall, dark and handsome husband with killer blue eyes. With five children to chase, she is never at a loss for someone to kiss, something to cook or some mess to clean but she loves every moment of it! Life is full—of blessings and adventure! Needless to say she’s a big fan of coffee and wine…and living in Washington she’s within walking distance of both!  


Twitter: @KristinVayden
IG: @kristinkatjoyce



Interview With Kristin Vayden:

1.  Can you tell us a little about your books?
I love to write books that I'd love to sit down and read myself. Strong men, sassy and intelligent women and a lot of attraction are some of the main themes you'll find in my writing. I love a book that will make me laugh out loud--so I add in a LOT of banter between my characters!

2. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
About twenty books so far! Its been a crazy ride, one I'd never have expected to actually risk taking! All my books have a special place in my heart for different reasons, but right now my favorite is "The ONE", probably because I'm re-living it as I listen to it since it's being recorded for Audible! Its a contemporary romance with a sexy scot who finds his jr high crush at his mercy. The banter is hilarious, and the guy who is reading for the man's part has a sultry scottish baritone. Yup, you'll want to snatch that audio book as soon as it's released!

3. Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Structure? What does that mean? Just kidding...kind of? I'm a mom to five restless natives that I ALSO HOMESCHOOL.Yes. You read that correctly. I work from home and I also teach my children full school. It's crazy some days--ok MOST days, but I love it. Really, that's not me just pretending that I SHOULD love it, I really DO! Some days I don't get any work done, and some days I'm pounding out 8k, it ends up all washing out, but I'm always surrounded by the best people in my world, and I'm never bored. ;)

4. Do you listen to music while you write?
Sometimes, but usually I'm just hunkered down in my room, door locked and cracking my knuckles, like "Let's go!"

5. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Yes. My bed. No, I'm not lazy, I just have a door that locks, a fuzzy blanket and I get cold when I write so...it works for me!

6. When you write do you write the first draft on a computer or paper and pen?
I'm a 'pants-er' which means I don't really outline much, or write drafts....I actually write the manuscript once. (That collective gasp you heard was the world in shock and horror.) But its the truth, I write one draft, edit it, and I end up changing it very little from the beginning of the editing process to the end. I accredit that to the fact that while I don't get as much time to sit at my computer and write, I DO think A LOT about my book while I'm doing other things. What that means is that when I finally sit down to write, I know where I'm going, and I don't waste time getting there. :)

7. For someone who hasn't read any of you books yet, which one would you suggest they read first?
Contemporary? The ONE, you'll laugh and swoon and sigh and bite your lip... your welcome.
Historical Romance? "What the Duke Wants" Which is also in audio book production right now. It's a governess/duke story that starts a great series.

8. If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
Edinburgh Scotland, or Hawaii. I love Scotland, even though I've only been there once, I totally fell in love with the people and culture. Hawaii? That's self explanatory! :) 

9. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
Right now I'm working on a Regency Romance series called "Gentlemen of Temptation", and I just finished the first book. It's one of my favorite historical romances I've ever written! I can't give away much, but it will release this coming September, and will be TOTALLY worth the wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment