Monday, September 18, 2017

Featured Author: Kiera Jayne

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Kiera Jayne!!



  BOOKS:

Unexpected (Marked For Love #1) 





Painting Rainbows (Creative Passions Book 1) 





About Kiera Jayne:


I grew up in country New South Wales, Australia and spent my formative years having all sorts of fun on the sheep and cattle farms my grandad and uncles helped to run, as well as spending lots of time in Tamworth, NSW, which fostered in me a love of the bush. In my early twenties, I spent a year in Europe, which I consider one of the best years of my life and would live there permanently given half the chance. I am a crazy dog lover, I love music, reading, history and traveling, Marvel films and epic television dramas such as Outlander and Vikings. I love the cold, I can’t stand the heat of summer and I will pick peas out of absolutely everything, because eew! I live in house full of books and music in Brisbane, Australia.

Social media links:

Website: kierajayneauthor.wixsite.com/website

Author Page: Facebook.com/kierajayneauthor

Readers Group: Facebook.com/groups/KierasCockatoos

Twitter: @KieraJayne01

Instagram: kierajayneauthor


Interview Kiera Jayne:


  1. Can you tell us a little about your book?
 
A: ‘Unexpected (Marked For Love #1)’ is a polyamorous m/f/m romance, the first in a duet that will be a part of a much larger family saga. It tells the story of Kida, an Australian woman who lives in New York with her family and falls in love with her best friend and a new man. Release Date: February 2018
 
‘Painting Rainbows (Creative Passions Book 1)’ is a m/f steamy romance set in Northern England, and is about an Australian woman who is in hiding. She meets a cocky local who drives her crazy and ends up being the nude model in her new art class. Release Date: April 2018
  1. Can you share an interesting fun fact about any of your books.
A: Most of my books will include an Australian character in some way or other. Whether they are actually set in Australia or on the other side of the world, I like including an Aussie flair and especially our special brand of humor.

  1. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
 
A: I‘ve been writing since I was a 13 years old. I generally wrote fan fiction even way up until my late 20s. I always lacked the confidence to fully create a cast of my own characters, because I didn’t think I was talented enough. When I got out of my abusive relationship in early 2015, something switched in my brain. I realised I was more capable of doing things than I gave myself credit for, so I began writing a completely original story. I didn’t think I would do anything with it until I bought a kindle and discovered I could self-publish. I decided I didn’t want to publish just one book, but a whole series of books. That ambition has grown exponentially from there.
 
 
  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
 
A: I have a new computer, a new computer desk, and a new desk chair in my living room I can sit at and write. Sometimes, I’ll also play music or watch Netflix from there and I also have easy access to the kitchen for snacks.
 
  1. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
 
A: I drink a lot of water. I like to stay hydrated. But when I’m feeling naughty I’ll drink some Coca Cola and in the early morning or late evening, I love to have a cup of warm tea. I am not super fussy with food, so I’ll eat whatever while I’m writing. But some of my favourites would have to be Arnott’s Shapes, Soya crisps or Mission Nacho Cheese corn chips.
  1. How do you come up with your characters names?
A: Sometimes they just come to me, but most times I look up the baby name websites. Mr. Google must think I have a tribe of children!
  1. If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?
A: I’d be The Doctor, so I could travel through all of time and space, see the past, the future and everything in between and be back in time for bed (24hrs can mean anything when you’re a Timelord).
  1.   What are writing projects are you currently working on?
A: I have just finished ‘Restoration Hearts (Creative Passions Book 2)’. Both it and ‘United (Marked For Love #2)’ are waiting to go to the editor. I am now working on two secret projects as well as the third book in the Marked For Love series, ‘Unravelling’, which tells Kida’s identical twin sister, Claire’s story.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment