Monday, April 3, 2017

Featured Author: Kate Squires



Welcome Today's Featured Author
Kate Squires!!


 When Love Walks
In their continuing story, Logan and Elora’s relationship is tested, yet again, in the much-anticipated sequel to When Love Breaks.
Elora has never thought of Logan’s physical disability as a problem. She’s been nothing but supportive and has always tried to reassure him that she loves him just the way he is. So, when his attitude toward her begins to change, she can't help but rethink her role in his life.
After getting a job as a nurse at a local hospital, she meets a handsome doctor, who seems very fond of her. When Logan’s interpretation of her coworker’s affections is opposite of hers, a rift is formed between them, and their strong connection begins to crumble.
Logan, who is beginning his career as a Physical Therapist, struggles with his insecurities, and a panic sets in when he realizes another man could easily lure away the love of his life. As self-doubt replaces reason, he tries everything he can think of in his attempt to hold onto her, but will it be enough? Add in several other obstacles, and you have a recipe for the perfect storm.
Can their love survive this ultimate test? Can Logan get past his fears enough to let her love him? Will Elora be able to overlook his seemingly unjustified jealousy, or will love really walk away for good?







Amazon buy links:
That Kiss

That Promise

I Will Catch You

Tracing Hearts

When Love Breaks

When Love Walks





About Kate Squires:
Kate Squires was born and raised in Ohio where she still resides with her husband and children. She has always loved writing but never, ever thought her life would lead to sitting in front of her laptop for hours on end, creating stories other people would read some day. As a child, she was a book hoarder, but hated reading until a certain trilogy turned that all around for her. Now, she can’t get her hands on enough books. Kate has dabbled in all sorts of odd jobs ranging from dog groomer to dance instructor, but her true passion is creating characters out of thin air and making them do her bidding. Her published works so far are, That Kiss, That Promise, I Will Catch You, Tracing Hearts, When Love Breaks, and When Love Walks. Visit her website for more information about her books and upcoming events. www.KateSquiresAuthor.com

Social media links:
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram


Interview With Kate Squires:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
I’d love to! I write in the romance genre. Some of my books are Contemporary Romance, some are Romantic Suspense, and my latest one will fall into the New Adult subgenre. I try to keep all my stories full of angst and fun, with lots of twists and turns along the way. I currently have six books published, but I’ve always got one in the ‘work in progress’ stage. My latest one, When Love Walks, just came out on March 30th.

2.  When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I’ve always been told I’m good at writing, but it wasn’t until I discovered the Romance genre, about 5 years ago, that I fell in love. For years I thought that romance meant cheesy men with puffy shirts and flowing hair, but I’ve found that there are a lot of great authors who write modern day stories, and I like that. I refuse to write cheese. :)

3. Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?
Colleen Hoover has influenced me the most. I’d like to think there's a little of Colleen in all my books. What I mean by that is that I aspire to write great stories like she does, so when I’m stuck in a story, I sometimes think, WWCD (What Would Colleen Do). Other authors who influenced me are Jennifer Probst, EL James, and Tarryn Fisher.

4. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Red licorice and, of course, chocolate are a must-have near my writing desk. I try not to indulge too much, but when I’m on a roll, and I’m afraid my muse will disappear if I get up to get a snack, I dig in my drawer for either of them. Also, hot tea, specifically, Twinings Lady Grey flavor, is always at my disposal. I drink it all year round.

5. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I mostly write at my desk, but I sometimes plop my butt down at the breakfast bar and type out a scene or two.

 6. What is a usual writing day like for you?  How is it structured?
Since I have other day jobs, I try to squeeze in as much writing time as possible. If I’m not working or taking care of my family, I’m usually writing. Night time is a bit easier for me, just because it’s quieter, but I get most of my inspiration during the daylight hours, so it’s sometimes difficult.

7. For someone who hasn't read any of you books yet, which one would you suggest they read first?
I’d recommend anyone who’s interested in reading one of my books to go to my website, www.KateSquiresAuthor.com and read the synopsis, first full chapters, and some of my reviews listed there for all my books. Everyone likes something different, and my books are just that: all different. Having said that, if you’re not sure if my writing style is for you, you might want to start out with one of my standalones. I Will Catch You and Tracing Hearts are both complete stories that stand on their own, although the first books in the two series can be read that way too (That Kiss and When Love Breaks).

 8. What is your favorite comfort food?
I like most every food, and my favorites come and go in waves. Currently, I’m in love with Wendy’s apple pecan chicken salad. I could literally eat it every day. It was sushi before that, and probably pomegranates prior to that. My tastes are always changing.

9. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
 I love this question because I’m so excited about my new project! I’m currently writing a story about two lovers who might possibly have another chance at a relationship. All I can divulge about it is that the characters are a lot of fun to write. They’re quirky and funny, yet the drama is off the charts! Don't get me started on the sex appeal! I don't have a title yet, but make sure to check my social media and website often for updates.

I’d like to thank you for this opportunity to tell you about me and my books. I look forward to any and all communication with my readers. Please, send me messages! I love receiving reader mail! (Especially when you’re in the middle of reading one of my books!)

Thanks,
Kate Squires





No comments:

Post a Comment