Friday, December 9, 2016

Featured Author: Tara Dawn

 Welcome Today's Featured Author
Tara Dawn!!!



The Snap Trilogy is my baby and if I could, I’d give every single reader in the world a copy of Snap. Hell, I might even give nonreaders a copy in the hopes that they become readers lol. This series sits on the cusp of grey and dark, is an extremely psychological and suspenseful drama, has some hot sex, and may even trigger some readers, so please heed the warnings. Who likes books like this? You? Yes, No…Maybe? I bet you do. Let’s learn more about it!


#SNAP (The Snap Trilogy #1)
A new drug is overtaking Mississippi. Specifically, a small town called Trinity. No one knows where it’s coming from or how it originated. But they do know one thing. It’s called SNAP and it’s highly addictive.
Small town secrets. An attraction to die for. An addiction that will destroy them all. SNAP is the twisted story of how Hazel gets sucked into a war between two men determined to own it all—including her. And you can read it about it for only #99cents!
Blurb:
Hazel
I never would've guessed my life would lead me where I am today, wedged between a stalker and a stranger in the midst of a drug war that I'm unsure of how I entered. One wants to hurt me, the other seems to want to heal me, but there's more that he's after and I don't know if I can give him what he seeks.

Cash
I was sent to find answers when no one else could find them. What I found was a woman in need and a psycho dealer working toward his own agenda. I wasn't to get involved, but her eyes call to me and I know they hold the information I seek.

Phil
She doesn't think I'm good enough for her. But I'll show her. Hazel belongs to me and has since that night that I claimed her. I'll get back into her good graces. I have to. She has something of mine and I'm not stopping until I have it all.

*This book contains scenes of drug use, rape, and brutality. It is intended for readers over 18. Reader discretion is advised.



Available on all retailers!
iBooks: https://goo.gl/5R3amk






Not gonna lie, #Snap ends on a pivotal note, with everyone snapping at the end, but I was kind enough to give you a sneak peek into #Taint. Are you ready to be tainted?

Taint picks up right where Snap left off, jerking you straight up that emotional roller-coaster with rocket boosters. I don’t give you any breaks. My characters don’t get breaks to breathe, why should you? I can’t really say much without giving anything away, but I do give you insight into secondary characters and rip this world wide open.

Blurb:
*This is the second book in The Snap Trilogy. Books should be read in chronological order.*

Hazel
I don't know who I am anymore, or what I'm becoming. Time doesn't exist in this godforsaken Hell I call my life. Every time I find a semblance of hope, it's bled away. Just like I'm bleeding away. The longer he believes he's won, the more I die inside. I may be nothing but a shell by the time this is over.

Cash
I failed her. I couldn't keep her safe. Now I may lose her completely. We're running against a clock controlled by a madman and we don't know when he plans to end his game. Every minute that passes without finding him makes the thought of killing him that much sweeter.

Phil
I didn't think it would be so easy. Pretty soon, my Snap will be on the streets and I'll be living the dream. That is, after I take Cash out. With him gone, I'll control not only the drug, but Hazel as well. If she listens, she will have a hell of a life. Right. Beside. Me.

*Contains adult issues and themes. Reader discretion is advised.



Available on all retailers!
Amazon US: http://goo.gl/ZmEHj4
UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01C1ARQ9Y
CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01C1ARQ9Y
AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B01C1ARQ9Y
Kobo: https://goo.gl/7CX4kk
B&N: http://goo.gl/i1TLRX
iBooks: https://goo.gl/5R3amk
Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28101672-taint





#Mend is the final book in The Snap Trilogy. It is not yet available, but here are some teasers you can enjoy of what’s to come in the last installment.








Poetry by Tara Dawn

 
Tara started writing as a child. Poetry is her first love and will always be her first love. In high school she wanted to be a published poet. That was her dream achievement in life, although she ended publishing a novel first. Well, her dream recently came true. She published the first volume of her poetry a couple of weeks ago. Wrongside Out is only available at Amazon for the moment, so if you have KU take advantage. It won’t be on there for long. Watch for some of the poems in Wrongside Out to be posted throughout the day.





Pieces is one of the poems you can find in Wrongside Out by Tara Dawn. Poetry can be interpreted many different ways depending on the person reading it and what they’ve been through in their life. That’s the good thing about art, if it speaks to you, it doesn’t matter what the artist was thinking or feeling while creating it. What matters is that you are able to connect with it on your own personal level.

Like any piece of art, Pieces can be interpreted several different ways. Do you connect with it? What does it mean to you? Have you ever felt this way before? Share your thoughts and feelings in the comments and Tara will be by later to discuss them with you.















#Sojourn is the debut novel of Tara Dawn. It’s a fluffy, light, hot read about a young woman who goes to sex resort to reinvent herself … or maybe to just lose herself. It’ll end up leaving you wanting more than the words can give you.

Blurb:
Sojourn
Escape. Succumb. Savor.

Captivated by the thought of experiencing something taboo, Summer Wilson contemplates taking the trip of a life time. Determined to live her own life for once, she decides that Sojourn could help her reinvent herself. But is going to a sex resort really the answer to her problems, or will it only cause more confusion?

Once Summer arrives, she learns that she must be willing to do anything to make her fantasies come true. But she finds it hard to push her previous lovers from her mind.

Things aren't always what they seem, and people aren't always who you believe them to be. Will Summer be able to accept reality when the blindfold comes off, or will it finish breaking her completely?


Available on most retailers:
Amazon



Excerpt from #Sojourn by Tara Dawn

Dealing with two idiotic men has pushed me to my breaking point. Do I wear a sign that says, “Fuck me over hard, please?”

After coming home Angel wanted to talk about everything that had happened, but secluding myself to my bedroom felt like a much better idea. At first I cried, allowing my tears to comfort me as feelings of inadequacy swirled through my mind and pain shot up and down my leg. How could I have been so stupid to believe that Preston could still have any sort of feelings for me? Wishful thinking is the heroin of brokenhearted fools such as myself.

The what-ifs can drive a person mad, but when those what-ifs come close to being reality it makes a person blind. I welcomed that blindness with open arms confusing kindness with love that is no longer there. The realization of that was a slap in my face when I watched Preston saunter into that bistro with Tiffany. Pffft, Tiffany. I will never be a woman like her. How am I supposed to measure up against that?

The anger that unfurls and burns in my gut is a reminder of the anguish that once burned there. Never again. I see myself for what I am now. The happy-go-lucky girl I once was had a crash course in the callousness of others and no longer sees the glittery façade that once was. Preston is a taker, a user and breaker of hearts. Brent, well I don't know if he is worse or better. His need to save people and put them back together is overwhelming. But he never knew when to stop, and when I was grasping to find and rebuild myself so we could work, he was rearranging the pieces forcing me to become what he wanted me to be. I couldn't do it any longer. I wouldn't do it any longer.

Angel was right. I need to get away from here. Running is not the answer and that's not what I'm doing, just taking a little break. Letting my heart breathe and giving it some time to grow strong again while I get shit straight in my head. That way when I come home I will know what I want to do and be able to act on it without second guessing myself. It's time to take control of my life, to live it and stop letting past events dictate my happiness.

Full of a new found determination, I spend the next week searching spa resorts. Every time I search, Sojourn keeps popping up into my mind, but I force myself to another one. They all seem to offer the exact same thing but with different atmospheres and scenery; bland and lacking in personality and inspiration. Through all the searching, Sojourn keeps beckoning for me to click on it. Finally seeing enough of the same boring place over and over, I let my finger guide my mouse over the top of Sojourn's link in the email Angel sent me, and after hesitating a moment I click on it …

Sojourn here I come.




Drunk& Disorderly
This is my current WIP that will be releasing soon. The Drunk & Disorderly: A Trailer Park Soap Opera, is a politically incorrect, raunchy white trash comedy. I’m really excited about this miniseries and have had far too much fun writing it. Let me tell you a little bit about it. As I said a moment ago, D&D will be a miniseries of seasons, each season containing five novellas called episodes, just like a TV show. Keep watch for the next post to learn more!






Excerpt
“Don’t act like you didn’t rub one out the other day when—” Thai’s eyes roll up as she thinks hard and then gestures at Laura. “What was her name? The one he was banging against the back of the trailer.”
“Hell, I don’t know. He called her at least three different names that I recall. Sheri, Tabbi or Tiffany, and I think Georgia. Is it just me, or are all women whose name ends with an “e” sound total whores?”
“I take offense to that, you fucking puta.” Bonny stomps up the stairs and slams her chair down across from Laura. She purses her lips and kicks her feet up on Laura’s leg, digging her heel into the middle of her thigh.
“Ow!” Laura shoves her feet off her leg and rolls her eyes. “You should. You’re a whore. And I’m fucking Native American, puta. Fucking Texans always think that anyone with tan skin is automatically Mexican.”
The two women glare at one another, freezing in their seats. A moment later, all three burst into laughter and pick up the conversation right where it left off.





101 


This little badnasty is coming soon! So add it to your goodreads and keep watch.

#1hundred1
The first time it happened was by accident. He tried to take advantage of my grief by hitting on me while consoling me. The disbelief I felt smoothly and quickly shifted into something I couldn't define at the time. Subsequent actions were decided upon swiftly and with zero questioning from my conscious. Another part of me inhaled its first breath as a former part of me took its last. And on the exhale, I slit his throat; his blood bathing me in a baptism of sorts as I found the ultimate release.

It's not about saving myself.

It's not about rectifying the past.

This is a cleansing.

How many different ways have I killed a man?

101



Twins


This little beaut is being written at this very moment. I’m extremely excited about teaming up with my girl, B. Bennett (formerly known as Bonny Capps) to bring you this amazing erotic horror. Keep watch on our author pages for a goodreads link coming soon and release day information!







Enjoy some strange and outlandish, taboo, gory as fuck holidays and help these precious children out! Psssst just a little hint what to expect from me ... ho, ho, ho! ;)
*************************************************************
15 amazing authors, 15 horrific holidays.
Be sure to pre-order your copy today! All proceeds will be donated to Shriner's Hospital for Children.

Add to your TBR’s: 





 About Tara Dawn:
Thanks again for spending the day with me and learning about my books <3 I’d love it if you’d follow me and join my reader group so we can get to know one another better and have some fun. Lots will be going in the coming year that you won’t want to miss out on. I hope you have a very safe and merry Christmas <3

Goodreads Author Page: http://www.goodreads.com/tara_dawn




Interview With Tara Dawn:
1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
My books range through several different genres. From erotica to psychological suspense to horror to comedy to poetry and pack again. You get a little bit of everything with me.
 
2. Do you have a favorite character to write about?
You know, I tend to love the one I'm with LOL. I've enjoyed all of them immensely. Some may be assholes, but they talked to me for a reason, and for that I'm grateful.
 
3. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Yes, my bedroom. And that's not even where my desk is set up. Go figure.
 
4. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
No, not really. Depends on what I'm craving at the time. But I do enjoy my wine or whiskey while writing.
 
5. Do you listen to music while you write?
Most of the time. But some of my characters won't talk if there is any noise around me. So sometimes I have to turn the music off and put in earplugs so I can focus and hear them.
 
6. What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I've been smoke free for 6 months :) It's totally fucking with my writing, but hey, I'm healthier, right?

 
7. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
It depends on what they like to read. I say start with The Snap Trilogy. It's a drama, so it includes so many sub-genres within its pages that most people will enjoy it. 

 
8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I'm currently working on Mend (The Snap Trilogy #3), 101, The Drunk & Disorderly: A Trailer Park Soap Opera miniseries, and I've started plotting out future books for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment