Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Featured Author: Samantha MacLeod

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Samantha MacLeod !!

 

The Trickster's Lover 


Surviving Graduate School ~ Falling in Love ~ Preventing Ragnarök

Graduate student Caroline Capello has always been more comfortable with books than people. She’s just moved to the University of Chicago to become the world’s foremost authority on Norse mythology, making her the only member of her family to leave San Diego, and the family business.

But she’s wondering if she’s just made the biggest mistake of her life.

When the enigmatic and irresistibly sexy Norse god Loki appears in her studio apartment, Caroline is forced to question everything she’s learned.

Do the gods exist? Are the legends about Ragnarök, the apocalyptic battle that destroys the gods and ends the Nine Realms, actually true?

Or is she losing her mind?






 
 

Honeymoon 

 


Mythology expert Caroline Capello agreed to marry Loki, the Norse god of fire and lies.

She didn’t realize the most dangerous part of their marriage might be the honeymoon...
 
This short story takes place after the events of The Trickster’s Lover. It is not intended for readers under 18 years of age.






About Samantha MacLeod:

Born and raised in Colorado, Samantha MacLeod has lived in every time zone in the US, and London. She has a bachelor’s degree from Colby College and an M.A. from the University of Chicago; yes, the U. of C. really is where fun comes to die.
Samantha lives with her husband and two small children in the woods of southern Maine. When she’s not shoveling snow or writing steamy sex scenes, Samantha can be found teaching college composition and philosophy to undergraduates who have no idea she leads a double life as an erotica author.
And here's my blog: https://sammacleod.wordpress.com/




Interview With Samantha MacLeod

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?

Sure, and thank you for hosting me!

I write steamy contemporary romance with elements and characters from Norse mythology. My first novel The Trickster’s Lover is about a graduate student at the University of Chicago who meets the Norse god Loki. I also have a novella, Honeymoon, which continues their adventures.

 
2. What inspires you to write?

Well, like a lot of writers, I’ve always wanted to write. But unlike a lot of writers, I went for over a decade without writing anything; I was so afraid of failure I basically walked away from my dream.

What made me start writing again, honestly, was my daughter. Once she turned three I started telling her she could do anything with her life, but it seemed a bit disingenuous to encourage her to follow her dreams if I wasn’t doing the same thing. So I started writing again in the spring of 2014.

 
3. Do you have a favorite spot to write?

Ha, yes! We moved to Maine this fall and bought a new house. For the first time in my life, I have a study where I can write!

And I still spend most of my writing time in the living room, in the old armchair where I wrote Trickster’s Lover…

 
4. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?

Coffee! :)

No, seriously, I’m not that organized. I’d love to say I get out a cheese and veggie platter, cue some piano music, pour a cup of herbal tea and then sit down to create. But in reality I do most of my writing when my two-year-old is napping, and it’s always a panicked rush to get as much done as possible before he wakes up.

 
5. Do you listen to music while you write?

I listen to music when I’m stuck on something; music can really help with a tough scene. I think it drowns out my inner critic! I also have a couple of Pandora stations and playlists that are really helpful when I’m writing naughty scenes.

 
6. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?

Both my stories are intended to be stand-alones, so it really depends on what you’re after. The Trickster’s Lover is a much longer story, and Honeymoon is a shorter, more fantastical ride. Honeymoon does take place after Trickster’s Lover, but you can pick up either and (hopefully!) enjoy them!

 
7. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?

Well, it’s somewhat tempting to choose some useful power, like telekinesis or the ability to predict winning lottery numbers… But I’ll have to go with the ability to fly. :)


8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?

I’ve got lots of fun projects in the works!

I have two pieces coming out next year. Persephone Remembers the Pomegranates is an erotic short story based on the Hades and Persephone story from Greek mythology; that will come out in January. I also have an M/M fantasy novella called The Night Watch coming out with Less Than Three Press.

Right now I’m working on a short story for an anthology with my good friends Torrance Sene, Mira Stanley, Bronwyn Green, and Jessica Jarman. I also have another Loki novella in the works.

Finally, I’m (very slowly) revising and editing my second novel, The Wolf’s Lover. This is another stand-alone story, but it takes place in the same world as Trickster’s Lover and Honeymoon, and some of the same characters turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment