Monday, December 5, 2016

Featured Author: Nicole Dykes

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Nicole Dykes!!



Unsocial by Nicole Dykes

Dylan
I’m living the dream. A successful business owner of a custom car and motorcycle shop in Oklahoma and master of my own destiny. Other than my best friend and business partner my life is my own, and I answer to no one. Then my life changes with a single phone call and I’m back in Kansas fighting for guardianship of my four younger siblings. Now I answer to her, Brooke Porter.

Brooke
I’ve devoted myself for the past six years to my dream of being a social worker. My very first case are the Monroes, and professional and personal boundaries blur as I become closer to them. Now my dreams are of Dylan. The attraction Dylan and I have is heading us straight to unsocial behavior.

What will we be risking if we give in?


*Unsocial is a New Adult Romance novel that contains mature content and is not suitable for anyone under 18



Unbridled (The Monroe Series Book 2) by Nicole Dykes

Luke

I'm living the dream. I'm the starting wide receiver for a Big 12 college football team. I have a full ride scholarship. On paper, I have it made.
Just one problem with that, though, it's someone else's dream.
Now I’m bridled with rules and curfews stuck in a classroom when I would rather be back home, working at my brother’s custom car and motorcycle shop.
To top it all off, she's back in my life. The one girl that turns me into a total dumbass.
And she wants nothing to do with me.

Hannah

I'm finally in college. I'm exactly where I want to be. Free of my religious father. Well, for the most part. I'm living my life the right way, and if I fall out of line, I always have my dear friend Rachel right there to correct me.
But then everything changes when I see him again. The man that makes me brave and cowardly all at once.
I know deep down I need to keep him away, but he’s just not taking the hint. He sees it as a challenge.
And I know Lucas Monroe never backs down from a challenge.

*Unsocial is a New Adult Romance novel that contains mature content and is not suitable for anyone under 18.



Unrefined (Monroe Series Book 3) by Nicole Dykes
 Jax
Life can fuck you up. I know that better than anyone. Everything can be taken away from you in an instant. I found a family in The Monroes. There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do to protect them.
And then she walks into my life.
She's a drop dead gorgeous, tall, leggy blonde that goes against everything I stand for. She’s elegant and classy, REFINED. I’m dirty, foul-mouthed, and covered in tattoos. One other thing she’s married to a very powerful, senator who happens to be one of my most important clients.

Charlotte
He’s the total opposite of everything I’ve ever known. He’s massive, has tattoos, speaks his mind and may be the most handsome man I have ever seen. He has me rethinking everything I thought was normal, and he is making me second guess everything I thought I knew.
He told me that cars have the ability to free the trapped. Now I believe not only that but that he may be the key to finding out who I am.

*Unrefined is a New Adult Romance novel that contains mature content and is not suitable for anyone under 18.

***Although, Unrefined is technically a part of the Monroe Series, it can be read as a standalone. Totally different POV's ;)
 


Interview With Nicole Dykes:

Can you tell us a little about your books?

I write mostly New Adult Romance. I love to write real stories with things that can actually happen. I like to take from past experiences and really love to mess around with different scenarios and plots. I actually love drama in books as long as it feels real. I really don't like to follow the normal rules. Girls can be promiscuous too without it being shameful. A lot of times people end up hooking up with other people when they can't be with the one they want but usually regret it.

What inspires you to write?


Reading a book where things don't go the way I want them to and I think hmm I want to decide what the characters do :) I have always loved to write and fantazie about different types of people and how differently they would act to a situation. People are different and handle things differently and to me that's what makes life so interesting!

Do you have a favorite spot to write?

In my big comfy chair, wrapped up in my blanket late at night when my husband and daughter are asleep and it's just me.

Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?

Coffee! I love coffee and it just doesn't feel right when I'm writing and I don't have a coffee cup next to me. It's been challenging now that I'm pregnant and working on two WIP's and choosing not to drink coffee. Worth it, but I'm ready to have the cup of coffee next to me again ;)

Do you listen to music while you write?


Absolutely. I try to get a specific playlist for the mood in each scene. I love country and late 90's early 2000 hits and love songs :)

Do you have a favorite character to write about?


The alpha male. There is nothing more intriguing and sexy to me than that big tough guy who gives up his man whoring ways and falls all over  himself to win her.

For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?


Unsocial for sure. It's begins the whole Monroe series, has a sexy alpha and I think a lot of realism and heart. They all make a lot of mistakes, but find a way to make it work.

If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?


That's a tough one since all of my favorites are horribly messed up :) I think I would have to go with Lily from the addicted series, because she's been through hell, but has Loren there every step of the way. Their love is intense and feels real.

What are writing projects are you currently working on?


I'm working on the 4th book in my Monroe Family Series, and just finished writing my very first Co-Write with Author JL Leslie. I'm so excited about them both! We actually worked so well together that we decided to make it into a series and will start book 2 very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment