Thursday, August 28, 2014

Featured Author: Jen Cousineau

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Jen Cousineau!!




Licentious Synopsis:

© 2014 by Jen Cousineau

Josephine:

I lost my life when I turned eighteen. Well, not technically. Technically, I'm still alive. My heart beats, and blood continues to pump through my veins. But my dreams destroyed my family, which ultimately, destroyed who I was.

Happiness. What is happiness? Helping others? Making sure I have a smile on my face, especially in the moments when all I want is to die? Then yes. I am happy.



Aléssandro:

I wanted to be a doctor. Instead, I had to fill my brother's role in the family business. And now? Now, I am a heartless, cold-blooded killer. Not every story has a happily ever-after. Mine vanished the day my brother was murdered. That day, who I was, died with him.



When Josephine and Aléssandro's paths collide, their fates try to intervene and save each other. But can they be saved? Will the secrets they keep and the betrayals they are faced with destroy what they share? Or does love truly conquer all?



***WARNING*** This book is rated for mature audiences only, due to sexual content, including violence, sexual violence, and strong language. It also contains how one person can help a human being overcome the struggles from such traumatic events.


  Excerpt:
 I never had a mother. Well, technically, I do, but in reality she’s a total bitch who couldn’t remember to take a pill regularly, and… well, here I am. Surprise! I love my Dad, though. He tries his hardest to make up for my mother lacking on all levels. My brother, Aedan, is seven years older than my sister Eve, and I, but he’s never treated us as ‘annoying little sisters.’ In fact, if you take my Mom out of the equation, we’re a tight-knit family who truly are best friends. Cliché? Maybe. But, fortunately, for us it’s pure truth. I wish I could tell you my life is all rainbows and butterflies, but then I’d be giving you complete bullshit. One dream. My dream broke everything. It destroyed my family, my best friends. It destroyed me. It tore me down, causing me to defend myself the only way I knew how. I just simply stopped caring. Until I met a man who tried to change all that I felt. Until he believed in me, to make me see how beautiful life can be if I just let life in. I started to believe. He helped me see what I was missing, that is until I discovered who he really was. How dark and dangerous he truly was. How believing in him meant turning my back on everything that I believed in. I won’t promise you butterflies and rainbows. Shit, I won’t even promise you a happily ever after, simply because I don’t even know how this is going to end. I’m Joey. Welcome to my hell.

Teasers:







Buy Links: 
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1qbQt2V
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/1t2lFVh
Amazon AU: http://bit.ly/1rd5VCf
Amazon CA: http://amzn.to/1pwqSFy
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1mGn7sm



 AUTHOR BIO:
jens pic
Jen is a chap stick and coffee addict that lives in the Badger State with her husband James, and their twin daughters Kaylynn and Lilly. She loves to bow hunt, kickbox, and is a food junkie. She’s an obsessive reader with a secret passion for writing. Jens always been a strong believer that dreamers live happier lives and decided to show her girls that hard work and dedication can make your dreams come true no matter where you are in your life.


CONNECT WITH ME:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/JenCAuthor (@JenCAuthor)


Interview With Jen Cousineau:
1) Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Well, I'm just your normal Wisconsin girl. I'm married and have twin daughters who are three and a half going on ten. I'm a 'girly tomboy' as in, I don't mind putting makeup on when an occasion calls for it, and I love to shop and do 'girly' things with my girls, but I also love to get down and dirty - hunting, fishing, working out, etc. I also love to hang out with family and good friends over a cold beer and a greasy burger. But... I love the occasional glass of wine too :)

2) Do you have any “odd” writing habits?
I HAVE to write with music on. I'm not sure why, but it makes it easier to forget about everything going on around me and to tap into certain emotions that the story calls for. I've also realized that if I have a drink or two, certain scenes become easier to write LOL. An annoying habit that I do have is that at least 80% of the time I have an easier time with words flowing when I hand write. For some reason, staring at my desktop screen against a wall does nothing for my creativity. But a notebook... I can take that anywhere. The downside... I then have to type it all up anyways.
3)Do you listen to music while you write? Yes! Always.


4)Do you have a favorite character to write about?
Not really. I love all of my characters. I love seeing how they develop and come to life.

5) Are you doing any author signing events this year?

In 2014, no. At least none that are confirmed yet. However, I do have a few for 2015. The first one will be at the Booking In Biloxi event on March 7th in Biloxi, MS. I also have a 'booked' even in Kalamazoo, MI on October 10, 2015 for the Great Lakes Book Bash. But you never know... there may just be a few more added to that list very soon! ;)


6) When did you know you wanted to write a book? 

When I was younger I always had stories or lyrics running through my head. In those awkward teenage years I even thought maybe I was loosing it. A few years later I decided to put it down on paper and started writing a book on my laptop. 100 pages in (not backing up my work), my laptop fried and I lost everything. I was upset. Said a lot of not so positive things. And then gave up on the idea. After having my twins, I thought long and hard about the direction of my life was going and who I was and what made me happy. I decided to give it one more try. If I was going to teach my daughters to go for their dreams, I obviously had to reach for my own first.


7) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?

I have monstrous feet. (Size 11).

8) What’s your favorite outside activity?

Hmm... that's tough! LOL I would say swimming, beach volleyball, bow hunting, or walking with my girls. (I'm obviously too indecisive to only pick one!)


9) What inspires you to write?

Everything! For real... everything. A song, a melody, a word, a color, etc. I've had several different 'things' or 'sounds' inspire something that turned into something amazing in a story.


10) What project are you working on now?

I'm currently writing book two in the Summers Series, A Secret Gamble, as well as a standalone novel, To My Loves - which I have high hopes to have both out by Christmas this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment