Friday, March 5, 2021

Featured Author: Jas T Ward

 Welcome Today's Featured Author

Jas T. Ward!!!


Interview With Jas T Ward:


1. Can you tell us a little about your books? 
Hmm, I always struggle with this question. My primary genre is paranormal/dark romance. They are twisty, have some strong horror elements but also a guaranteed HEA. I just don't make it easy for the reader or the character to get there. I began my Grid Series in the land of fanfiction. In fact, now there are multiple and very talented fanfic writers that bring the characters to life now. That will forever blow me away. 
The Grid Series is about a secret war taking place among man between Heaven and Hell. The Grid fighters come from all walks of life. Both supernatural and human. We have police, firemen and even government people all shadow resources on The Grid. It has angels, demons, hot cowboys with fangs & the hottest damn "zombies" you'd ever dream of meeting... so many delicious beings.  
I wanted to make a PNR series that was different than anything already out there. And being a fan of urban fantasy, create my world within our own. I think I pulled that off. :) 

2. What inspires you to write?
Everything. I would love to be able to nail it down. Then I could utilize at will to be inspired and creative when needed. It can be a song on the radio. A commercial on TV. Heck, I have some epic ideas in the shower. :) 

3. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite? 
Twelve along with a few anthologies for charity. And two of those are for a publisher, Hot Tree Publishing - my contemporary romances, which are written the Ward Way - twisted. Number thirteen is coming out March 4th - Chaos. It's book eight of nine in my Grid Series. My favorite? Oh gosh, they all are when I'm writing them. But if I had to choose one out of all of them? Most likely Candyman - the one that gave birth to The Grid Series. 

4. How do you come up with your characters' names? 
I like using relatable, common character names. William, Beth, Lily, etc. Since my PNR characters were all human once or now, it makes sense. I do like more "exotic" names for goddesses and gods, but more common than other PNR's. To decide which ones to use, I think of the type of character I'm writing. Strong male or female? Sweeter gentler. And then choose a name that says those attributes to me. And hopefully the reader. 
 
5. If you could be friends with one of your characters, which one would you chose?
Hands down, without a doubt - Reno Sundown. I have such a crush on my own character it's embarrassing! But you know that saying - write what you want to read? Well, I created a book boyfriend I'd want to have. I like to think we're already besties. Good lord, he's in my head babbling enough for us to be.  

6. Do you have a release day tradition?
HIDE! I kid. I usually try to not work the day job on release days and take myself out to dinner. Covid has changed so many traditions, hasn't it? That includes the release of Chaos on March 4th. It just happened to be the same day as getting my second vaccine shot. But I have an amazing team backing me up to cover. I do still plan on taking myself out to dinner... I have a four-hour drive one way to get the vaccine. So, this release day will be both challenging and I'm sure as chaotic as some of the adventure in the book is. 

7. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I used to always say immortality. But now, as I am older, I don't want to live forever. I could only imagine how boring life would become. How much we'd take for advantage. Now, I'd like to be immune from illness or injury. I'm going to say that's due to being older and wondering which knee is going to sound like Rice Krispies today. The struggle is real. 
 
About Jas T. Ward:
Born and raised in Texas, Ward is a mixed bag of creativity spinning tales of paranormal, urban fantasy and even dark romance and horror; wrapped within a love story.

She’s been dared by her readers to write a few contemporary romances but even those reads have characters that are real and twisted by their creator. It did, however, spawn her romance tag line: Romance - The Ward Way.

Mother of three diverse and independent bold children, Ward prides herself for being the “Queen Niche’ Bitch” which is a handy way of saying she sucks writing to market.
But her readers don’t seem to mind.


Ward can be contacted via:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorJasTWard
Website: http://authorjastward.com
 

8. What writing projects are you currently working on?
Now that Chaos is off to the formatter for release, I've diving into the final book in the series - Sundown: The End. Ten years of my life has been dedicated to these books. It's a bittersweet experience. But the series, in my opinion, always had a finite arching story to be told. The end suits the series--and the timing is perfect.  Along with that, I'm finishing my Soul Bound Trilogy which is a dark/gothic romance with a paranormal twist. Then launching some new series with angels and demons as well as box set of dark romance. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment