Monday, March 29, 2021

Release Boost for Paper Hearts by Brittany Taylor




Title: Paper Hearts
Author: Brittany Taylor
Genre: Enemies to Lovers Romance
Release Date: March 26, 2021


BLURB

Asher Owens.

Gorgeous. Arrogant. Liar.

It’s been ten years since Asher left me with nothing but the remains of our shattered dreams.

The last place I expected to see him was at a small bar in a city of over eight million.

With my heart set on expanding my business, I needed one of New York City’s best real estate executives. Little did I know it would be the same man who had torn my heart like a piece of paper before setting it on fire.

Once my gaze lands on his, I know Asher is no longer the boy I loved when I was eighteen. No, this Asher treated me like a stranger. All for the sake of not wanting to sift through the ashes of our past.

Yet Asher’s arrogance rivaled any sort of rejection, even mine. Using his own selfish ambition, he needed me to claw his way to the top.

Despite his true motives, I had foolishly let him back in.

I’d fallen in love with Asher Owens once before and this time I would try my best not to make the same mistake twice.







PURCHASE LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





EXCERPT

I step forward, closing the space between us. It’s the closest I’ve been to her in ten years. She steps backward, her back hitting the wall behind her. Her scent fills the air around us, a mixture of vanilla and flowers. Even with her heels, the top of her head still doesn’t meet my chin. I’m hovering over her, looking down at her as she tips her chin up. Breaking my eyes away from hers, I take a glance at how many floors we still have to go—only ten more left. Her whole body turns rigid with mine pressed against hers. She presses her lips together and swallows, her eyes dancing between my mouth and my eyes.

“What bothers you more, Charleigh? The fact that I won’t work with you or that you think I’m a shit friend? Because it seems to me it might be both.”

She bites down on her bottom lip, pulling it between her perfect teeth.

Fuck.

Suddenly I’m remembering how those lips once pressed against mine. Standing this close to her was a mistake, my reaction to her beginning to grow within the black pants of my suit.

Despite my question, she remains silent, so I continue. “And don’t pretend to be shocked by my question. We both know the truth behind how you really feel about me.”

Her bottom lip pops out from between her teeth, the flesh pink from the pressure she placed on it. “Wow.” The word slowly seeps out of her mouth, letter by letter. Her eyes narrow once again, and it’s as if she’s pierced me straight in the chest. “How arrogant you must be to assume how I feel about you after ten years of silence. Don’t act like you’re the victim here, Asher. You made your choices and I made mine.” Her words are laced with venom, meant to poison me.

It took nearly ten years to put Charleigh out of my mind. The pain of what happened, her forcing me to make the decision to leave her, is still fresh, even after all this time. We both lost something the night I left, but in a way, I feel I lost more than Charleigh did…my mother, and Charleigh.

I thought I was doing what was best for the both of us, but the differences between her and me couldn’t be more apparent.

The elevator settles before the doors slide open. I’m still standing in front of Charleigh, pressing her body against the wall. She pushes against my chest and quickly walks out. I hold my breath, knowing I should let her go. But like the fool I’ve always been, I don’t.






AUTHOR BIO


Brittany Taylor grew up all over the world including places such as California, England and Texas. Today she resides in Connecticut with her husband, two sons, two cats, and a dog. She loves reading but loves writing even more. Her favorite things in life are her family, binge watching Golden Girls, and tacos.


AUTHOR LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment